Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2017-18

I congratulate Colorado State for showing up to play football today .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Air Force vs #7 Michigan. Air Force didn't even try to throw a single pass in the first half. They completed one in the entire second half (one of seven attempts). Two completions actually- one was intercepted. They were still only down six points going into the fourth quarter.

How 'bout the Commodores? 3-0. Big 12 is not so big now. We live close enough we can hear the Admiral from our back door.

Heartbreaker for the Vols down in the Swamp.
    Last edited by euphemia; 09-16-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Texas Lutheran kicker had a FG blocked and kicked it through the uprights for 3 points off the bounce saturday against Belhaven .

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vanderbilt may not look to have much of a chance over the next four weeks, but they typically play quite well against Florida and they beat Georgia last year. Vanderbilt seems to be taking some risks. Hopefully there will be some payoff for them.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Vanderbilt may not look to have much of a chance over the next four weeks, but they typically play quite well against Florida and they beat Georgia last year. Vanderbilt seems to be taking some risks. Hopefully there will be some payoff for them.
    Notre Dame had Georgia on the ropes . Georgia is better this yr than last but at this point I see no real reason Vandy could not beat both Florida and Georgia. After that they have Mississippi , Bye and South Carolina . South Carolina lost the deep threat wide receiver they had but the defense is still good . Then they have Kentucky , Western Kentucky and Missouri . Kentucky looks better than last year . Vandy has a legitimate shot of winning most or all of that 7.

Exciting game with USC and Texas. USC scores a touchdown five seconds before halftime to take the lead. Fourth quarter- Texas scores go ahead touchdown with 45 seconds to go. USC drives down to get tying field goal as time runs out with no time outs. OT. USC touchdown pass first play. Texas scores. Second OT. USC forces fumble. Just needs field goal for the win. They sputter and need to try a 46 yarder- their kicker missed from almost the exact same spot earlier in the game. But this time he made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Exciting game with USC and Texas. USC scores a touchdown five seconds before halftime to take the lead. Fourth quarter- Texas scores go ahead touchdown with 45 seconds to go. USC drives down to get tying field goal as time runs out with no time outs. OT. USC touchdown pass first play. Texas scores. Second OT. USC forces fumble. Just needs field goal for the win. They sputter and need to try a 46 yarder- their kicker missed from almost the exact same spot earlier in the game. But this time he made it.
    USC not a top 15 team.

Couple good games coming up , Thurs. Temple - South Florida , Fri. Utah - Arizona .

Sat , TCU & OK State , Navy - Wash St , Mississippi St - Georgia , Those will be three to see .

For me, my Colorado vs Washington. First real test of the season. Defense has only allowed three touchdowns in three games (and two field goals). Pretty impressive considering nine starters on defense graduated and our coordinator went to Oregon. Rematch of the Pac12 Championship game last season.

Rumor I heard this morning is Nebraska is going to fire Athletic Director .

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another rumor that 17 yr old Old Dominion QB will start against Virginia Tech .

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    For me, my Colorado vs Washington. First real test of the season. Defense has only allowed three touchdowns in three games (and two field goals). Pretty impressive considering nine starters on defense graduated and our coordinator went to Oregon. Rematch of the Pac12 Championship game last season.
    I like the over ( 50 ) on that game for some easy money .

I would like to watch Army - Tulane for some serious option football . Instead they will have some crap game on like Fla State struggling to cover the spread against NC State.....

Temple trailing South Florida 20 - 0 after three first half turnovers . 4 1/2 minutes to half .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Another rumor that 17 yr old Old Dominion QB will start against Virginia Tech .
    Feel sorry for him. Bud Foster loves to torment young QB's.

Speaking of VT...I'm optimistic you will be hearing this guys name in a few years.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Half , Temple down 20 - 7 after holding Flowers to 97 total combined yards in the first half due to coughing up the ball 3 times .

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Feel sorry for him. Bud Foster loves to torment young QB's.

Speaking of VT...I'm optimistic you will be hearing this guys name in a few years.

Yeah , I feel for him too .

After 3 quarters , South Florida 33 , Temple 7 . S. Fla 300 yards , Temple 4 turnovers , 57 yards ( -20 yards rushing ) .

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    South Florida 43 Temple 7 . Temple Sacked three times , threw four interceptions and lost a fumble . The offense never scored.

I'm going to wear my Vanderbilt shirt to work today. Does anyone here think there is any chance Vandy can win today? From what I've seen this year Alabama seems to be slow starting in their games. Vandy scored right off the bat last week and it was the difference in the game. Last season Vandy laid down a very intentional game plan and played a down-to-down game. If they do that today, and if Alabama takes some time getting out of the gate, today might be a very competitive game. Hopefully it will be an injury free game.

I report at 2:30 today, and that's game time. The big challenge for me will be not seeing or hearing a score. I'm DVRing the game and want to try to watch it as if.
    #NashvilleStrong

NC State holds Fla State to 10 on the first half . Looks like first one to 24 may win . Go Wolfpack . Last Sun 4 NC State QB's started NFL games . Only three other schools have ever accomplished that.

Just think , somewhere in America , even outside of Florida there are a bunch of people who put money on Florida State winning by two touchdowns . LOL .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-23-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Does 0 - 2 Florida State stay in the top 15 one more week ? Or do voters learn about football ?

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I'm going to wear my Vanderbilt shirt to work today. Does anyone here think there is any chance Vandy can win today? From what I've seen this year Alabama seems to be slow starting in their games. Vandy scored right off the bat last week and it was the difference in the game. Last season Vandy laid down a very intentional game plan and played a down-to-down game. If they do that today, and if Alabama takes some time getting out of the gate, today might be a very competitive game. Hopefully it will be an injury free game.

I report at 2:30 today, and that's game time. The big challenge for me will be not seeing or hearing a score. I'm DVRing the game and want to try to watch it as if.
    They should let you have a radio .

Hoping for big day today from Toledo & Cal.

Toledo and Purdue have hung in pretty tough today .

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pack knocks off the Seminoles again. This time in FL. Bwaaaaaa!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

TCU beats a very good team today .

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast