Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plz share your favourite insomnia cures

Plz share your favourite insomnia cures

Been having a lot of problems sleeping lately and IDK why. :/ And when I do fall asleep I typically wake up at around 4 AM for no reason. No pharma drugs, plz. Thnx. ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    100 proof bourbon .
    Do something Danke

A fat dab.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I try to quit drinking water an hour before bed and pee pee a lot. I only wake up at 4 am if I have to go potty but once I'm up, I can't go back to sleep.

No electronics, no light, and some white noise. I like nature sounds. Also, try a cup of sleepytime tea. It's relaxing. Not too close to bedtime, though or you'll be up going to the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Find yourself a college textbook and start reading it like you are studying.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    chloroform

Or you can just eat a lot before bed.......

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    A fat dab.
    A fat dab greater than a skinny dab .
    Do something Danke

I grew up in a pretty frugal home so I did not have a teddy bear . When I was about 17 there was a blonde down the way that would lay on top of me and that seemed to help .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Melatonin is the natural sleep hormone. 5-htp is the precursor for serotonin. Melatonin will knock you out quickly 5-htp will keep you down for the count.

Stefen Molyneux videos

....or melatonin, valerian, or whiskey.

sex with a girl

O wait
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    sex with a girl

O wait
    Rosie Palm doesn't count as a girl. Now you know you're still a virgin.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 07-25-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Keep a copy of "War & Peace" by Tolstoy by your bedside and start reading it every time you can't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Melatonin is the natural sleep hormone. 5-htp is the precursor for serotonin. Melatonin will knock you out quickly 5-htp will keep you down for the count.
    Yes, the Melatonin is what I use, but I have the time release type, keeps me down for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Keep a copy of "War & Peace" by Tolstoy by your bedside and start reading it every time you can't sleep.
    Actually, I'd end up reading all night- love Tolstoy!
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Stefen Molyneux videos
    lol
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Actually, I'd end up reading all night- love Tolstoy!
    I prefer Dosoevsky myself.I didn't find War and Peace particularly interesting and never finished it. Tolstoy's the most over-rated of the well-known Russian writers IMHO and I'd SWAG either Bulgakov or Akhmotova to be the most under-rated.

Take a run before you go to bed, get your blood pumping. Take a cold shower, drink some wine or other alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Just kidding. Sudden onset insomnia can have many causes, most are not serious and will self correct. The natural non pharm approach is usually the best, but an occasional Zanax or even a couple of Benadryls can break the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I prefer Dosoevsky myself.I didn't find War and Peace particularly interesting and never finished it. Tolstoy's the most over-rated of the well-known Russian writers IMHO and I'd SWAG either Bulgakov or Akhmotova to be the most under-rated.
    Try Anna Karenina- shorter and more precise- You may like it. I enjoy the philosophy of Tolstoy.
    There is no spoon.

What did you do that made you tired?

I find that the more answers I have to that question, the easier it is for me to fall sleep.

Time outdoors. Physical activity outdoors. Every day.

Benadryl works great for falling asleep. Combo that with a little weed and you should be all set.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lay on your back.. yoga flat.. not just flat but yoga flat

inhale for as many seconds as you can.. slowly.. expanding the stomach area first. When you think you're done inhaling - gasp a couple more mouth fulls of air.. hold for a count of 5.. then exhale, through your nose as slowly as possible.. trying to equal the count for the inhale
    concentrate on the count
    after 5 - 10 reps like that.. you'll probably fall right off.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Lavender essential oil in the diffuser. Eucalyptus is also a comfort fragrance for me.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Lavender essential oil in the diffuser. Eucalyptus is also a comfort fragrance for me.
    I use lavender, too. I squirt my pillows with it. I dilute it with distilled water and keep it in a glass spritzer I got off Amazon. I'm not sure how much it helps but I like the scent.

Eucalyptus definitely works but it seems to wake me up. I used to keep it in my shower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Rosie Palm doesn't count as a girl. Now you know you're still a virgin.
    Took you an hour to finish editing that ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Took you an hour to finish editing that ?
    LOL. I added the last line about 30 seconds later. Dayumn, who threw sand in your vagina?

ETA...
    @TheTexan still hasn't reveled the thrower of sand in his vagina...this is a mystery we must solve because we can't have our Texan being cranky all the time like this...
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 07-27-2017 at 10:27 PM.

LOL. I added the last line about 30 seconds later.
    Ya_sure_ok.gif
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast