Thread: Trump attacks Attorney General Jeff Sessions for failing to investigate Hillary Clinton

Trump attacks Attorney General Jeff Sessions for failing to investigate Hillary Clinton

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ton/507568001/

Now he is blaming Ukraine for interfering in the US election.

WASHINGTON — Infuriated by the ongoing Russia investigations — and possibly seeking a new attorney general — President Trump continued to attack Jeff Sessions on Tuesday for failing to investigate former election opponent Hillary Clinton and officials who have leaked information to news reporters.

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!" Trump said in an early morning tweetstorm.

Trump also criticized his attorney general for not pursuing reports from early this year that officials in Ukraine also sought to interfere in the election, in a tweet that referenced Fox News host Sean Hannity.

"Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign — 'quietly working to boost Clinton,'" Trump tweeted. "So where is the investigation A.G. @seanhannity."

A series of lawmakers and political analysts said it appears that Trump is attacking Sessions because he wants him to leave office, perhaps with an eye toward eventually getting rid of Russia investigation special counsel Robert Mueller.

"Fully transparent: @POTUS wants to force Sessions to resign so he can appoint someone to curb Mueller probe," tweeted Rep. Adam Schiff of California, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee.

Noting that a Sessions replacement would face a tough confirmation fight, Schiff added that Trump's putative plan "only works if Senate lets it."

As political consultant John Weaver put it: "This is about getting to Mueller." Weaver worked for Ohio Gov. John Kasich during the 2016 Republican presidential primaries.

Sessions, who has been criticized by Trump for weeks, has so far refused to resign.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ton/507568001/

Now he is blaming Ukraine for interfering in the US election.
    If Russia "interfered" then Ukraine "interfered".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Do I remember this correctly? Pre-election it was throw her in jail. Week after the election, it was Hillary is a great person, no jail. Now he is blaming Sessions for Hillary not going to jail?

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Do I remember this correctly? Pre-election it was throw her in jail. Week after the election, it was Hillary is a great person, no jail. Now he is blaming Sessions for Hillary not going to jail?
    Let's hope he sticks with "Lock Her Up" now.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Unconfirmed confidential sources have admitted that Trump is considering the possibility of probably nominating Hillary as Secretary of State when Tillerson steps down. One anonymous source thinks they heard Trump state unequivocally that Hillary would be absolutely perfect for the job because she has prior experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Unconfirmed confidential sources have admitted that Trump is considering the possibility of probably nominating Hillary as Secretary of State when Tillerson steps down. One anonymous source thinks they heard Trump state unequivocally that Hillary would be absolutely perfect for the job because she has prior experience.
    Well...

On the Record, March 28 2012 (~1 year after the invasion of Libya), Trump on Hillary's performance as Sec. of State

VAN SUSTEREN: "Looking at the administration, how do you think the vice president has done? (Joe) Biden, although, being a vice-president is not a job that is very visible, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, I'm curious what you think about those two."

TRUMP: "I think Biden has been a very loyal person, to be honest with you. I think he has been a good vice president for the agenda that they set and he has been a very, very loyal person. I respect him for that. Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she's given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her."

VAN SUSTEREN: "She says she's out at the end of this term. Do you think we will see her again running for office?"

TRUMP: "I think so. Assuming she is healthy, I think she probably runs after the next four years, I would imagine."

VAN SUSTEREN: "Do you support her?"

TRUMP: "I don't want to get into this because I will get myself into trouble --"

VAN SUSTEREN: "That's why I asked you."

TRUMP: "I just like her. I like her husband. Her husband made a speech on Monday and was very well received. He is -- he is a really good guy, and she's a really good person and woman."

Trump attacks Attorney General Jeff Sessions for failing to investigate Hillary Clinton
    so fire the SOB already!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Sounds like Sessions is scared of the Clinton Crime Cartel.

Last edited by AuH20; 07-25-2017 at 05:11 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sessions is too smart to do that .

There was talk of Giuliani..

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    He also blames Sessions for not protecting him from the Russia inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Well...

On the Record, March 28 2012 (~1 year after the invasion of Libya), Trump on Hillary's performance as Sec. of State
    He also gave money to the Clinton Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    There was talk of Giuliani..
    Oh no not the ghoul....

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Oh no not the ghoul....
    Someone needs to send him some more reading assignments, first ones evidently didn't take.