Thread: , 'Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I'm in front of the Boy Scouts?

, 'Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I'm in front of the Boy Scouts?

Trump at start of speech in front of Boy Scouts before launching into a political speech anyways.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ed75a84ed02c

President Trump has been in rare form in recent days — most notably attacking his own attorney general and repeatedly lashing out on Twitter. But on Monday evening, he did something that was more subtly controversial and strange: He delivered a highly political speech at the National Scout Jamboree in West Virginia. Appearing in front of a group of Boy Scouts, Trump turned it into something akin to a campaign rally, complete with attacks on Hillary Clinton and the media, a push for the GOP health-care bill, and even another apparent swipe at Jeff Sessions.

It was unlike anything we've seen from a president in 80 years of them giving speeches to the Boy Scouts.

The Boy Scouts of America on Tuesday morning distanced themselves from the spectacle, emphasizing it is “wholly non-partisan and does not promote any one position, product, service, political candidate or philosophy.” It defended its invitation of Trump as the sitting president and said the event was “in no way an endorsement of any political party or specific policies.
    Text at link.

Threatened to fire Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price if he can't get Obamacare replacement passed (Price can't get any legislation passed Congress):

Secretary Tom Price is also here. Today Dr. Price still lives the Scout Oath, helping to keep millions of Americans strong and healthy as our Secretary of Health and Human Services. And he’s doing a great job. And hopefully, he’s going to get the votes tomorrow to start our path toward killing this horrible thing known as Obamacare that's really hurting us, folks. (Applause.)

AUDIENCE: USA! USA! USA!

TRUMP: By the way, you going to get the votes?

He better get them. He better get them. Oh, he better -- otherwise, I’ll say, Tom, you're fired. I’ll get somebody.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.