Thread: Bitcoin Explained Using Emojis

Bitcoin Explained Using Emojis

https://medium.com/@tessr/making-money-530d2bb2b8f7

Should help a certain someone around here
    Last edited by dannno; 07-25-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a great article. I don't know who you're trying to insult with that second remark, but it detracts from your mission.

Thank you Danno, but she is even more confused than you are.

Is this some sort of referee hand signal?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Thank you Danno, but she is even more confused than you are.
    Actually she understands it is pretty well, and I am certain you did not even read the article let alone Part 2.

https://medium.com/@tessr/making-mon...y-6c552a1cfc25
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Actually she understands it is pretty well, and I am certain you did not even read the article let alone Part 2.

https://medium.com/@tessr/making-mon...y-6c552a1cfc25
    More mumbo jumbo:

If mining happens too quickly, the system will get flooded with bitcoin, causing inflation. To protect against this, the Bitcoin software is written with an adjustable constraint. If hashes are found too easily, the network can choose a stricter constraint.

More mumbo jumbo:
    Constraints are mumbu jumbo?

I think she uses some emojis right after that to help clarify.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-25-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Pretty well written but the emojis do very little for me had I not understood the whole thing prior.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Pretty well written but the emojis do very little for me had I not understood the whole thing prior.
    They are for timosman the emojimaster

I think part 2 they are a little more helpful.

The next globalist imaginary "money" is blockchain. Globalist meeting white papers are quite open about it. Who needs to force it on anyone when people seem to be clamoring for their next iteration of non-existent slave credits?

The article has no foresight whatsoever.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-25-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

That one means do not pee in the pool .
    Do something Danke

https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-go...ockchain-forum

The US government announces its plans to hold a US Federal Blockchain Forum on July 18, 2017.

The forum, is organized and will be hosted by the General Services Administration and the State Department, was created for the purpose of creating a six-month plan on how to bring government agencies to collaborate in the creation of more Blockchain technology-related initiatives.
    Catching up on Blockchain developments

The forum will be held on July 18, 2017 in the GSA Building in Washington DC. All federal government agency managers are encouraged to participate, but they will first have to form a team in which each will create a proposal for their own use of Blockchain Technology.

In the forum, participants will learn all about the recent advancements of Blockchain technology as well as their direct applications within the government.
    Blockchain technology in government

With the advancements of Blockchain technology, the initiative is just one of the many projects that the government has been creating in support of the technology.

Other than this Forum, the State Department has already created a project known as Blockchain@State wherein the Department of State aims to research more applications on Blockchain technology for the use of US foreign policies and data tracking developments.

Aside from that, the World Food Programme (WFP) has also administered a program using the technology of Ethereum to deliver vouchers to refugees in Syria.

With the advancement and the steady acceptance of Blockchain technology, will we expect to see more government agencies come up with projects and initiatives that are Blockchain related?
    lol@decentralized

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The next globalist imaginary "money" is blockchain. Globalist meeting white papers are quite open about it. Who needs to force it on anyone when people seem to be clamoring for their next iteration of non-existent slave credits?

The article has no foresight whatsoever.
    It doesn't do them any good if they don't control it. People aren't clamoring for slave credits they are clamoring for a currency that isn't controlled by the elite or some corrupt third world regime.

Of course they have people working on co-opting it, they do that for everything. But to pretend like BTC was some grand conspiracy is ludicrous. Do you know how risky that would be to put out a free open source currency if their plan is to actually co-opt it? It goes against the entire narrative.

It doesn't do them any good if they don't control it. People aren't clamoring for slave credits they are clamoring for a currency that isn't controlled by the elite or some corrupt third world regime.

Of course they have people working on co-opting it, they do that for everything. But to pretend like BTC was some grand conspiracy is ludicrous. Do you know how risky that would be to put out a free open source currency if their plan is to actually co-opt it? It goes against the entire narrative.
    Who cares whether it's really a grand conspiracy or not? Obviously the current system is in its last gasps so it's kinda naive to think the banker overlords haven't been working on the replacement for a long time already. Regardless, even if not a grand conspiracy, if the end result is the co-opting of blockchain into the next imaginary slave money, does it really matter how it came about?

https://medium.com/@tessr/making-money-530d2bb2b8f7

Should help a certain someone around here
    Still to complicated for some users.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Who cares whether it's really a grand conspiracy or not? Obviously the current system is in its last gasps so it's kinda naive to think the banker overlords haven't been working on the replacement for a long time already. Regardless, even if not a grand conspiracy, if the end result is the co-opting of blockchain into the next imaginary slave money, does it really matter how it came about?
    I really hate how everyone throws out "blockchain" like that is even an impressive thing. Blockchain + proof of work is the innovation. Blockchain by itself is stupid, it literally just means a chain of blocks and within each block contains some data, that's it. Most of the goobermint types throwing around blockchain don't understand the proof of work side, which is the side that secures the integrity of the blockchain for all time. So, they can make a centralized blockchain, that's actually worse than a mysql database. It is only valuable when you have competing entities mining for blocks and thus supplying the proof of work in a system where the majority of the parties do not trust each other, and thus don't collaborate to subvert the block chain.
    If you have goobermint coin, and let's say goobermint coin even included a bastardized closed loop proof of work mechanism, under the control and dictated to by government authority, it at that point is not functioning in a manner that currently would be viewed as a valid proof of work system.

goobermint coin, will be centralized coin, and the blockchain will be a useless gimmick, because all block chains without a decentralized proof of work system are invalid mechanisms to secure the sanctity of the blockchain!!!

So, in other words goobermint coin would not be viewed as a valid cryptocurrency by anyone with a tiny bit of understanding of why bitcoin works and is valued.
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 07-25-2017 at 09:09 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

"Send Help! I Am Fending Off Rabid Raccoons!"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It's a great article. I don't know who you're trying to insult with that second remark, but it detracts from your mission.
    If it was directed at me, it was totally truthful.

The text shorthand gibberish is bad enough, the whole "emoji" thing leaves me utterly stumped.

Constraints are mumbu jumbo?
    Who decides when the constraints need to be adjusted? What prevents the network operator from adjusting their own constraints without telling anyone and pretending their computers are simply 1000 times faster than everybody else's?

I think she uses some emojis right after that to help clarify.

She does not even know what a nonce is.

Who decides when the constraints need to be adjusted? What prevents the network operator from adjusting their own constraints without telling anyone and pretending their computers are simply 1000 times faster than everybody else's?
    If a miner adjust their constraints then there is a big probability that the value they are attempting to determine will be out of range for the constraints. The code decides when the constraints need to be adjusted, and anybody can read the code to know when that happens.

Well, each node runs software that accepts or rejects your block. So, I decide on my computer, and all those other thousands of people running a full bitcoin node decide as well, but here's the thing. My node's criteria for accepting a block is identical to thousands of other nodes criteria. Now if you change even the smallest thing in regards to block format or hash requirement you will be rejected by my node, then you send your bad blocks to the next node, and guess what they'll reject it to. The bitcoin network is nothing more than people voluntarily running "COMPATIBLE" Bitcoin software and those bitcoin nodes all speak to each other.

So, for your plan to just change the code, and start faking out the network, you have to convince me to run your software to, because mine will reject your blocks, and you will have to convince 1000's of others to run your software as well. If you do that your plan will work fantastic, otherwise, you'll just be rejected by the rest of the system and your node will be isolated, once your version of the blockchain on your local computer doesn't match the rest of the network, you won't be "bitcoin" at all any more but an alt coin with one node.
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 07-26-2017 at 10:25 AM.