Thread: Fasting

Fasting

Kill off damaged cells and encourage new fresh cells to grow.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articl...ning-on-Empty/

Running on Empty

Regularly taking breaks from eating—for hours or days—can trigger changes both expected, such as in metabolic dynamics and inflammation, and surprising, as in immune system function and cancer progression.
    Rebuilding defenses

Fasting that involves longer periods of food deprivation can cause changes to the immune system and the hematopoietic stem cells that support it. Longo studies periodic fasting, less frequent but longer bouts of severe calorie restriction, and is finding that the routine can reshape immune cell populations in the body. For most of his studies, Longo uses the fasting-mimicking diet (FMD).
    FJB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 07-25-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Ketosis is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I've done 2 weeks with no food and only water, but I am pretty lean already. I usually do 15 to 18 hour intermittent fasts everyday and then 1 to 3 times a year doing a 3 day dry fast.

I do the apple fast every couple of months and generally go 15 hours a day without eating. I usually make sure I don't eat after 8pm and have a snack around noonish - yogurt/fruit/nuts and I'll try to eat linner (lunch/dinner) around 4pm (lean protein and veg) and then I'll have a bite with Mr A when he gets home around 7 (a salad & a bowl of fruit). Mr A won't eat fruit or veg unless I make him so I've been starting him with a salad and fruit and eating it with him and then I fix him his dinner. The fruit and veg takes the edge off so he doesn't go crazy.

Honestly, the whole 3 meals a day plus two snacks regime that I've heard is ideal - I don't see how people can eat that much everyday. Hell, Mr A was off quite a bit last week and was cooking a big lunch and a dinner everyday and I couldn't move. It made me feel like Jabba the Hut. I still feel gross so I'm probably just going to eat some cantaloupe and salad this afternoon if I feel tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

"Why do they call it fasting when it goes by so slowly?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "Why do they call it fasting when it goes by so slowly?"

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I do the apple fast every couple of months and generally go 15 hours a day without eating. I usually make sure I don't eat after 8pm and have a snack around noonish - yogurt/fruit/nuts and I'll try to eat linner (lunch/dinner) around 4pm (lean protein and veg) and then I'll have a bite with Mr A when he gets home around 7 (a salad & a bowl of fruit). Mr A won't eat fruit or veg unless I make him so I've been starting him with a salad and fruit and eating it with him and then I fix him his dinner. The fruit and veg takes the edge off so he doesn't go crazy.

Honestly, the whole 3 meals a day plus two snacks regime that I've heard is ideal - I don't see how people can eat that much everyday. Hell, Mr A was off quite a bit last week and was cooking a big lunch and a dinner everyday and I couldn't move. It made me feel like Jabba the Hut. I still feel gross so I'm probably just going to eat some cantaloupe and salad this afternoon if I feel tired.
    Mr A would probably like poppy seed dressing on spinach salad with some simple fruits and nuts mixed in. I first had sliced strawberries and Trader Joe's sweet n' spicy nuts blend when I was introduced to this style of salad, but you could mix it up any way that tastes good. Nowadays i also throw in ground nuts and seeds for moar protein.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Mr A would probably like poppy seed dressing on spinach salad with some simple fruits and nuts mixed in. I first had sliced strawberries and Trader Joe's sweet n' spicy nuts blend when I was introduced to this style of salad, but you could mix it up any way that tastes good. Nowadays i also throw in ground nuts and seeds for moar protein.
    He loves poppy seed dressing. That's probably his favorite dressing but he prefers his salad and fruit separate. Personally, I love fruit on a salad but he's just not a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    He loves poppy seed dressing. That's probably his favorite dressing but he prefers his salad and fruit separate. Personally, I love fruit on a salad but he's just not a fan.
    Not even dried fruit? tsk,tsk.

When I was in YWAM we occasionally did corporate fasting, but IIRC that was only for like a day.

I want to try fasting, but I don't know if I can do it because in the past when I skipped meals, I would practically faint. I remember working at Nordstrom (back in the day) and being on my feet all day, after not having breakfast… and there were times when I would have to go lay down somewhere or else I would black out.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

It's not hard to get to the point where you are just eating twice a day within an 8 hour period (for adults only), the 24 hour fast seems to be more of a mental issue, than a physical one, eating pops into your head here and there and you have to just blow it off and keep your mind on other concentrations.

They say that as you get older eating is worse for you because the body is constantly working from the time it hits your mouth till the time it exits out the other side. (more is not better)

Probably posted these here before, but good overviews.....

http://www.allaboutfasting.com/water-fasting.html

http://www.allaboutfasting.com/how-l...-you-fast.html

Be careful not to fast too frequently; allow your body sufficient time to rebuild nutritional reserves. Two days per week is too frequent, as is one week every month. Recommended fasting times for regular, occasional "maintenance" and rebalancing are one day per week and/or 3 days per month and/or 10 days yearly.
    FJB