View Poll Results: Would you support me if I decided to run for political office?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 83.33%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

4 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you support me if I decided to run for political office?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I think I would mostly focus on getting rid of waste within public schools and doing things more efficiently. Because I can see quite a bit of waste that goes on within the public school in my town.
    In my state public school is pd for with about all property tax collected and about half of state tax collected and the state spends 10k per kid per yr . Avg private school tuition is less than half that . So without public education state tax could be cut by half and property tax eliminated , however state funded education is in the state constitution so I never expect to see it in my lifetime. The costs alone though should be enough for all to see that it costs twice as much as it should . The difference is the salaries .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    In my state public school is pd for with about all property tax collected and about half of state tax collected and the state spends 10k per kid per yr . Avg private school tuition is less than half that . So without public education state tax could be cut by half and property tax eliminated , however state funded education is in the state constitution so I never expect to see it in my lifetime. The costs alone though should be enough for all to see that it costs twice as much as it should . The difference is the salaries .
    In Kansas the Kansas Supreme Court consistently forces the Kansas legislature to spend more money on education. It's a battle to simply slow the rate of growth of education spending in our state. It's never cut. It's impossible to cut it when the Kansas Supreme Court forces the legislature to increase education spending by large amounts.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In Kansas the Kansas Supreme Court consistently forces the Kansas legislature to spend more money on education. It's a battle to simply slow the rate of growth of education spending in our state. It's never cut. It's impossible to cut it when the Kansas Supreme Court forces the legislature to increase education spending by large amounts.
    It sounds like you should promote a state constitutional amendment to stop the court from doing that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It sounds like you should promote a state constitutional amendment to stop the court from doing that.
    Yeah, or propose a bill defunding the Supreme Court until they stop forcing the legislature to increase education spending by specific amounts.

Don't have any money, but as my profile says, if you have a solid "liberty" platform I can help with graphic design/illustration/music work for your campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Yeah, or propose a bill defunding the Supreme Court until they stop forcing the legislature to increase education spending by specific amounts.
    That is terrible that the court has the power to do that .
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I'm opposed to all tax increases and fee increases, opposed to all restrictions on gun ownership, support cutting spending, support reducing regulations, support preserving religious liberty, would push for ending civil asset forfeiture, would push for ending no knock raids of people's homes, would push for legalizing hemp and medical marijuana, etc.
    Thank you.

I'd support you @Brett85.

Consider developing a budget, or at least an outline of a budget, to show what specific spending you'd like to cut.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'd support you @Brett85.

Consider developing a budget, or at least an outline of a budget, to show what specific spending you'd like to cut.
    I'm planning on looking into that and then listing specific spending cuts on my campaign website. There's some higher up guys in Kansas who work at various conservative and libertarian think tank organizations that I was going to consult about that.

I'm planning on looking into that and then listing specific spending cuts on my campaign website. There's some higher up guys in Kansas who work at various conservative and libertarian think tank organizations that I was going to consult about that.
    I'll be looking forward to it. Good luck all around.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No hesitation in voting yes. Even when you have disagreed with people, you have still had an open enough mind and the intellectual honesty to admit when someone else is correct with a superior argument. That shows integrity.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    No hesitation in voting yes. Even when you have disagreed with people, you have still had an open enough mind and the intellectual honesty to admit when someone else is correct with a superior argument. That shows integrity.
    Well said!

I voted maybe. I'd have to know more about you still, and who your opponent is, but more than likely based on what you've said so far. What is your position on borders? Do you believe in the free movement of people, or the right to national sovereignty?

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    I voted maybe. I'd have to know more about you still, and who your opponent is,
    Really? You know Brett, a.k.a. Traditional Conservative. He's stuffy by libertarian standards, but that's right down Kansas' alley. He knows how to stick to his guns. He was here when you got here, you ought to know him by now.

And I would hope he's for open borders! And you do too! Get a map and look at what borders the Kansas State Legislature is responsible for, before you take him to task for not promising a wall...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-13-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    We can get a posse up on the overpass with some signs and stuff, too.
    Now we're talking!

+rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Voted Maybe,

it would be irresponsible to pledge my support without first researching the other candidates
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Really? You know Brett, a.k.a. Traditional Conservative. He's stuffy by libertarian standards, but that's right down Kansas' alley. He knows how to stick to his guns. He was here when you got here, you ought to know him by now.

And I would hope he's for open borders! And you do too! Get a map and look at what borders the Kansas State Legislature is responsible for, before you take him to task for not promising a wall...
    Sorry, I don't hang out here as much as you. However, from what I know of him I'll more than likely support him. Anyways, I won't support him if he is someone who is going to vote for driver's licenses for illegal aliens, or any number of other things that state legislators do to support the third-world invasion of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    I voted maybe. I'd have to know more about you still, and who your opponent is, but more than likely based on what you've said so far. What is your position on borders? Do you believe in the free movement of people, or the right to national sovereignty?
    Like acptulsa said, I'm certainly in favor of the free movement of people across the Kansas border. I'm opposed to driver's licenses for illegal immigrants.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Voted Maybe,

it would be irresponsible to pledge my support without first researching the other candidates
    Hmmm, well ok. The only candidate who's likely to be in the race is the current incumbent, who's pretty close ideologically to someone like Susan Collins. Although I guess you never know for sure who might enter the race.

This. It's the right thing to do, and as a bonus, the phrase "activist judges" is major red meat.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

my views will have to be watered down to some extent
    Are you referring to how you vote, what you plan to say your views are, or with what tone you explain what your views are?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Are you referring to how you vote, what you plan to say your views are, or with what tone you explain what your views are?
    Mostly rhetoric. For instance, I'm not running a campaign "opposing" public schools. However, I'm at least going to point out specific examples of waste within public schools, and illustrate that getting rid of this waste won't harm public schools, but will actually enhance our children's education. I live in a rural community where a large number of voters are employed by public schools. It's a delicate issue that requires a smart approach.
    Last edited by Brett85; 10-14-2017 at 07:33 PM.

I will, however, be absolutely clear that the Kansas Supreme Court should have no role in the issue of education. And yes, the Kansas Constitution should be amended to say something similar to that.
    Last edited by Brett85; 10-14-2017 at 08:00 PM.

I have a website that's still a work in progress. I created it on GoDaddy and had never done that before, so some things need to be changed. The bottom two sections actually apply to a business and not a political campaign and need to be removed. A donation page needs to be added. I think I have someone who goes to my church who's going to help me with that. But, I've come up with 13 different issue positions if you guys are interested in reading through it. Here it is.

https://www.brettfairchild.com/

What do you think your chances of being elected are? Reading from your link it sounds like you're pushing the envelope of what today's dumbed down 'Muricans will tolerate. Good for you.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What do you think your chances of being elected are? Reading from your link it sounds like you're pushing the envelope of what today's dumbed down 'Muricans will tolerate. Good for you.
    I'm not sure. Admittedly, it will be tough because my opponent won his last race 76% to 24%. He's well liked on a personal level. But, the guy who ran the last time didn't start his campaign until June, and I'm going to officially start in January. Also, my opponent voted for the largest tax increase in state history in the last legislative session, so I think that could cause him to lose at least some support.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure. Admittedly, it will be tough because my opponent won his last race 76% to 24%. He's well liked on a personal level. But, the guy who ran the last time didn't start his campaign until June, and I'm going to officially start in January. Also, my opponent voted for the largest tax increase in state history in the last legislative session, so I think that could cause him to lose at least some support.
    Ouch. Ya, a early start and getting your name, face and message out there big time is the only way to beat that.

We didn't always agree on things but I like what I read from your link. And you being here as long as you have gives me some hope you'll try to stick to it. I would support you.
    "The Patriarch"

Did someone say Kansas?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

You need to repeatedly hammer them on this, every chance you get! Looks like you've got a decent start on the website.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast