View Poll Results: Would you support me if I decided to run for political office?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 83.33%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you support me if I decided to run for political office?

Would you support me if I decided to run for political office?

I'm just posting a poll to try to gauge people's support if I were to run for state representative. I live in Kansas where they just passed a massive 1.2 billion tax increase. My representative is a liberal Republican who voted for that tax increase. He and all of the other big government Republicans in Kansas need to be replaced in the next election. I know that in the past people on this forum have had plenty of disagreements with me, and I'm seen as one of the more "moderate" members of the forum. But, I just thought I would ask anyway and see if anyone would be willing to donate money to my campaign for state representative if I choose to run. (Even if it's only a small amount)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Absolutely.

I might even write yo ace a speech if'n ya needed. We can get a posse up on the overpass with some signs and stuff, too.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-23-2017 at 03:01 PM.

The more Ron Paul people in office the better, regardless of "moderation".

Yes . but I may ask for favors later .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ^^^This^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There are only a few people on this site that I wouldn't support. It's hard not to be an improvement over the typical politician.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I'm just posting a poll to try to gauge people's support if I were to run for state representative. I live in Kansas where they just passed a massive 1.2 billion tax increase. My representative is a liberal Republican who voted for that tax increase. He and all of the other big government Republicans in Kansas need to be replaced in the next election. I know that in the past people on this forum have had plenty of disagreements with me, and I'm seen as one of the more "moderate" members of the forum. But, I just thought I would ask anyway and see if anyone would be willing to donate money to my campaign for state representative if I choose to run. (Even if it's only a small amount)
    I voted a maybe. More than likely yes, but I don't know you nor any of what your stances are. I have a good idea what your views are, but for me to support someone I do not know other than because he/she is one a forum that frequent would seem like me voting for a candidate just because they are part a a a particular party and I don't want the other team to win.

Dont take it the wrong way, and I do support anyone wanting to run for an office, I just cannot throw any fiscal support behind a candidate until I know as much as I can on them.

Can't say how much or to what extent given that it would be state legislation outside my state, but yeah. Even if it were just a small donation in the form of a money bomb.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    I voted a maybe. More than likely yes, but I don't know you nor any of what your stances are. I have a good idea what your views are, but for me to support someone I do not know other than because he/she is one a forum that frequent would seem like me voting for a candidate just because they are part a a a particular party and I don't want the other team to win.

Dont take it the wrong way, and I do support anyone wanting to run for an office, I just cannot throw any fiscal support behind a candidate until I know as much as I can on them.
    I'm opposed to all tax increases and fee increases, opposed to all restrictions on gun ownership, support cutting spending, support reducing regulations, support preserving religious liberty, would push for ending civil asset forfeiture, would push for ending no knock raids of people's homes, would push for legalizing hemp and medical marijuana, etc.

I'm opposed to all tax increases and fee increases, opposed to all restrictions on gun ownership, support cutting spending, support reducing regulations, support preserving religious liberty, would push for ending civil asset forfeiture, would push for ending no knock raids of people's homes, would push for legalizing hemp and medical marijuana, etc.
    'Splain please?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    'Splain please?
    I don't think that a bakery owner should be forced by law to bake a cake for a same sex wedding.

Sounds like a good platform .
    Do something Danke

What about voter ID?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What about voter ID?
    I support it. I imagine that's an issue that divides libertarians.

I support it.
    Good.

I imagine that's an issue that divides libertarians.
    I have yet to hear one oppose it, It shouldn't be an issue since it doesn't violate anyone's rights.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't think that a bakery owner should be forced by law to bake a cake for a same sex wedding.
    I don't think this needs to be phrased in the form of "religious freedom" though that may help you to get support in certain sectors. I would just phrase it as "freedom of association." Though that would not garner near enough support as going the religious route.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I don't think this needs to be phrased in the form of "religious freedom" though that may help you to get support in certain sectors. I would just phrase it as "freedom of association." Though that would not garner near enough support as going the religious route.
    Maybe he could say both.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yeah, I understand in theory that a restaurant owner should have the right to refuse service to anyone he wants to for any reason. But, I live in a religious area, so it's beneficial politically to frame the issue by using the term religious liberty.

Maybe he could say both.
    I agree. There's no reason why that couldn't be done. Freedom of association means for religious conviction or plain old "I don't like your looks, get out of my establishment."

Yeah, I understand in theory that a restaurant owner should have the right to refuse service to anyone he wants to for any reason. But, I live in a religious area, so it's beneficial politically to frame the issue by using the term religious liberty.
    Fair enough. It's what I figured. I have no problem with it.

How 'bout h o m o's in publix skools?

Muslims or Jews wanting their "religious freedom"?

I'd probably offer my support for your candidacy TC but you've gotta be honest about your positions, omission is the same as lying.
    Last edited by tod evans; 07-24-2017 at 02:16 AM.

I would hope he opposes "Public Schools"

What do you mean? The details of what you mean make all the difference.

I'd probably offer my support for your candidacy FF but you've gotta be honest about your positions, omission is the same as lying.
    Perhaps he only means what he said he means?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Good.

I have yet to hear one oppose it, It shouldn't be an issue since it doesn't violate anyone's rights.
    Went smoothly here . Been in place since 08 if I recall.
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'd probably offer my support for your candidacy FF but you've gotta be honest about your positions, omission is the same as lying.
    If I decide to run, I was planning on putting on my website that I support preserving religious liberty for people of all faiths.

Also, it's hard to run for office as a hardcore libertarian and actually win. If you think you can do it, then you should try. In some ways my district is the exact opposite of libertarian. My district is culturally conservative but strongly supports things like public schools. So my views will have to be watered down to some extent to have any chance to win, just like the campaigns that Rand Paul ran. I'm just trying to be honest with you. I just posted this thread to try to gauge support for my campaign if I choose to run, but you may not want to donate money to my campaign if you expect me to run as a hardcore libertarian. That isn't really politically possible. My platform will be similar to what I posted in post #9, sort of mainstream libertarianism or conservative libertarianism but not what people in my district would consider to be "extreme positions."

My district is culturally conservative but strongly supports things like public schools.
    Then School choice (School Vouchers etc.) and Local/Parental control of the schools would be the best position to take.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If I decide to run, I was planning on putting on my website that I support preserving religious liberty for people of all faiths.

Also, it's hard to run for office as a hardcore libertarian and actually win. If you think you can do it, then you should try. In some ways my district is the exact opposite of libertarian. My district is culturally conservative but strongly supports things like public schools. So my views will have to be watered down to some extent to have any chance to win, just like the campaigns that Rand Paul ran. I'm just trying to be honest with you. I just posted this thread to try to gauge support for my campaign if I choose to run, but you may not want to donate money to my campaign if you expect me to run as a hardcore libertarian. That isn't really politically possible. My platform will be similar to what I posted in post #9, sort of mainstream libertarianism or conservative libertarianism but not what people in my district would consider to be "extreme positions."
    In other words... a possibly winnable position.

Then School choice (School Vouchers etc.) and Local/Parental control of the schools would be the best position to take.
    I think I would mostly focus on getting rid of waste within public schools and doing things more efficiently. Because I can see quite a bit of waste that goes on within the public school in my town.

I would hope he opposes "Public Schools"
    The question was posed in light of "religious liberty" not whether or not "Public Schools" should be supported.

What do you mean? The details of what you mean make all the difference.
    I typed exactly what I meant, there are no hidden meanings or details to elaborate on.

Perhaps he only means what he said he means?
    Perhaps, but there's a long history under a couple of pseudonyms to take into account.

My query(s) were specifically posed in regard to the phrase "religious liberty" because that phrase is used to represent different things to different audiences.

I'm not a hardcore libertarian so that wouldn't dissuade me at all...

You've read enough here over the years to balance some of what you're being fed at skool...

Don't ever stop thinking for yourself and always question the motives of anyone who tries to change your position on anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast