Thread: Fed Coin? Will Federal Reserve Adopt a Cryptocurrency?

Fed Coin? Will Federal Reserve Adopt a Cryptocurrency?

Among the proposals is a recommendation to adopt FedCoin- a crypto currency issued by the Federal Reserve

https://smaulgld.com/fed-faster-payments-fedcoin/

Subscribe to Smaulgld.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will pass on crypto currency from the Fed or any governments . Thanks anyway .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I will pass on crypto currency from the Fed or any governments . Thanks anyway .
    Nearly impossible to pass on it if they make it the legal tender of the US :-(
    Subscribe to Smaulgld.com

crooks policing themselves. good luck with that.

http://www.coindesk.com/us-dollars-b...yet-mit-event/

US Dollars on the Blockchain? Fed VP Says Not Yet at MIT Event

<snip>

No plans for 'FedCoin'

Cunha also dismissed rumors of a 'FedCoin', a theoretical digital fiat currency that sprung out of a paper written by an economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis in 2015.

"Right now, I can tell you categorically, there is no plan to issue a FedCoin at any specific date or time," he said.

But Robleh Ali, a research scientist at MIT's Digital Currency Initiative who formerly worked at the Bank of England, pointed out that different central banks do things differently.

It is perfectly conceivable, Ali said, that technology for a digital fiat currency could evolve outside of the banking system and later be adopted by banks after it had matured and proven itself.

"I think ultimately you will see digital fiat currencies as a foundation for a financial system," he said, concluding:

"You may be talking about a 20- or 30-year time horizon for that."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-23-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Probably take 20 years to implement it to the point where individuals would use it .
    Do something Danke

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

....and without the bitcoin mania run-up blasted all over media for the last few years everyone today would still be asking "what's a cryptocurrency?"

See how the bankers introduce their planned next steps to the masses? Thread is from 2017, same time as bitcoin blew up. (commonly called bait-n-switch)
    Last edited by devil21; 07-19-2021 at 11:36 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My source at the Fed says they are planning a crypto.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    ....and without the bitcoin mania run-up blasted all over media for the last few years everyone today would still be asking "what's a cryptocurrency?"

See how the bankers introduce their planned next steps to the masses? Thread is from 2017, same time as bitcoin blew up.
    Naw, they're just opportunists. Don't lionize the crooks. They're just run-of-the-mill crooks all dressed up in their Sunday best to appear for interviews on the business news channels. Nothing more.
    = John 6:38,39

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Naw, they're just opportunists. Don't lionize the crooks. They're just run-of-the-mill crooks all dressed up in their Sunday best to appear for interviews on the business news channels. Nothing more.
    I think your understanding of the history is reversed.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I think your understanding of the history is reversed.
    It has been obvious since well before that Economist article was written that the Agenda is a global currency along with a global government and global tax. Personally, I don't care anymore, I'm tired of all things "global", meaning, it neither excites me nor horrifies me. The globalists are a bunch of cartoon villains. Their absurdity will be exposed for all to see, very soon. The "emperor" has no clothes... except for the straitjacket he's wearing in his little padded room...
    = John 6:38,39