Thread: California parents trying to control kids can lose custody

California parents trying to control kids can lose custody

The state can take wayward children away from their parents even when they are doing their best to control their kids and the kids aren't delinquents, the California Supreme Court ruled Thursday.

Video at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...191628505.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Story that isn't video: https://patch.com/california/hollywo...-supreme-court

Moral of the story? Never call the cops.

According to court papers, the girl began running away from home at age 14, falsely reported that her mother had abused her, gave birth to a daughter at age 15 and had a second child a few years later. Her mother eventually reached out to law enforcement and DCFS for help, and then arranged for the teen to live with her maternal grandparents. The teen, however, continued to suffer from "anger management issues," at one point hurling a chair at her grandmother.

According to court papers, the girl began running away from home at age 14, falsely reported that her mother had abused her, gave birth to a daughter at age 15 and had a second child a few years later. Her mother eventually reached out to law enforcement and DCFS for help, and then arranged for the teen to live with her maternal grandparents. The teen, however, continued to suffer from "anger management issues," at one point hurling a chair at her grandmother.
    Where's the no spanking crowd on this-n?

That kid needed her ass whupped at an early age.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Where's the no spanking crowd on this-n?

That kid needed her ass whupped at an early age.
    Would that be imposing your values on somebody else's kids just as the California law does?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Would that be imposing your values on somebody else's kids just as the California law does?
    Imposing? Evans can impose the same way Calif. imposes?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

That makes zero sense. God knows the State of California isn't imposing values on anybody, nor did they claim to do so.

I wasn't volunteering to whup her ass.

Merely stating how behavioral issues such as those described have been dealt with for centuries before the touchy-feely crowd got involved with their better ideas.

Bad things happen when the state takes away children. I speak from experience. I'm the oldest of 9 children. The state came in and took 6 because of my dad's physical abuse. It was bad. That man could (and did) drink a gallon of cheap vodka a day with about a 12 pack of Black Label beer.

That said, the state foster homes did a number on the kids psychologically. A lot of the foster families do it just to get the welfare money per child. One of my brothers committed suicide last year. Mose of em are on psych meds still.

Kind of a catch 22 there. But I have a hatred for the works of the state like no person can ever know.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Bad things happen when the state takes away children. I speak from experience. I'm the oldest of 9 children. The state came in and took 6 because of my dad's physical abuse. It was bad. That man could (and did) drink a gallon of cheap vodka a day with about a 12 pack of Black Label beer.

That said, the state foster homes did a number on the kids psychologically. A lot of the foster families do it just to get the welfare money per child. One of my brothers committed suicide last year. Mose of em are on psych meds still.

Kind of a catch 22 there. But I have a hatred for the works of the state like no person can ever know.
    Your dad is the one who should have been incarcerated then, not the children.

Does the State Ever Have a “Right” to Remove Children from a Home?
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Story that isn't video: https://patch.com/california/hollywo...-supreme-court

Moral of the story? Never call the cops.
    The cops almost never initiate involvement with Child Social Services. Could be a neighbor who does not like you or your kids, or a disgruntled family member (like grandparents) who do not like how you raise your children.

N.Y. Times Exposes How Poor People More Likely to Lose Children to CPS
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    He was. Many times. But he was always home by nightfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    He was. Many times. But he was always home by nightfall.
    Restraining order??

But that's how screwed up the system is. They incarcerate the children for the crimes of others....

It cost the state money to house/incarcerate your father. But when they took your siblings, they made money.

Absolutely not!

The community (remember those?) should have tried talking to him once then they collectively should have beaten his ass to within an inch of his life every time he acted out.

This idea of 'incarceration' is completely asinine for 97% of all crimes...

In small self funded communities it wouldn't even be an option due to the cost.

The community (remember those?) should have tried talking to him once then they collectively should have beaten his ass to within an inch of his life every time he acted out.
    And on what planet does this happen? Do you have an example in history of this effectively working somewhere??

This idea of 'incarceration' is completely asinine for 97% of all crimes...
    Agreed, but that is because most of these incarcerations are for drug crimes where the "criminal" presents little to no threat to society.

A repeated child abuser who is an alcoholic, on the other hand, is a legitimate use of incarceration if found guilty and all Constitutional rights are upheld in the judicial process.

I did it. I almost killed him. I beat him bad. That was the last time he ever touched any of them. One night I came home from work and he was drunk. He was at the top of the stairs and threw a suitcase down at my little sister. I think she was 9 or 10. It split her forehead wide open and knocked her out. The following week they came in and took the kids. Then my mom chased him out of the house forever with a butcher knife. As it was, she'd taken her own share of beatings and rape over the years.

As odd as it may seem, I've forgivin my dad. He's dead now. But for some reason I can't bring myself to forgive the state for their part in things. They're a Godless entity, you know.

Anyway. That's that.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-22-2017 at 05:29 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And on what planet does this happen? Do you have an example in history of this effectively working somewhere??
    Read NC's post right above this one...

Read NC's post right above this one...
    It didn't work. They incarcerated the kids. And it was not the "community" taking action, but the family, because the criminal justice system failed them.

Agreed, but that is because most of these incarcerations are for drug crimes where the "criminal" presents little to no threat to society.

A repeated child abuser who is an alcoholic, on the other hand, is a legitimate use of incarceration if found guilty and all Constitutional rights are upheld in the judicial process.
    Sorry, you'll not convince me that kops-n-kourts are a solution...

Not unless you can point to cops-n-courts that operate outside the realm of federal jurisdiction using only local people to try and enforce local laws.

By using today's judiciary one tacitly supports it.

It didn't work. They incarcerated the kids. And it was not the "community" taking action, but the family, because the criminal justice system failed them.
    You're focusing on the actions of government when the query you posed was about an ass beating curtailing a drunks abuse...

Whether it's family or community who beats their ass, a drunk will straighten up if they know what's coming.

Don't empower government by trying to use their system...

You're focusing on the actions of government when the query you posed was about an ass beating curtailing a drunks abuse...

Whether it's family or community who beats their ass, a drunk will straighten up if they know what's coming.

Don't empower government by trying to use their system...
    My query was about a community doing this, not a family. When a community takes the law into their own hands, I think the term is called "lynching". There is something called the Constitution that protects the rights of individuals from such "community" actions.

My query was about a community doing this, not a family. When a community takes the law into their own hands, I think the term is called "lynching". There is something called the Constitution that protects the rights of individuals from such "community" actions.
    Lynching is hanging.

And there is nothing in the constitution that guarantees a person can't be hung by their neck until dead.

Lynching is hanging.

And there is nothing in the constitution that guarantees a person can't be hung by their neck until dead.
    It's called due process. Not to mention the rest of the Bill of Rights....

Lynching is hanging.

Lynching is not exclusive to just hangings. It can encompass any type of extrajudicial punishments. Commonly it was the taking of prisoners by mobs and executing them before due process, a trial.
    Last edited by agitator; 07-22-2017 at 08:05 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    Lynching is not exclusive to just hangings. It can encompass any type of extrajudicial punishments. Commonly it was the taking of prisoners by mobs and executing them.

lynch
    lin(t)SH/Submit
    verb
    gerund or present participle: lynching; noun: lynching
    (of a mob) kill (someone), especially by hanging, for an alleged offense with or without a legal trial.
    synonyms: execute illegally, hang, kill; informalstring up
    "he was lynched by the mob"

The Bible says they should. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...21&version=KJV

Deuteronomy 21:18-21King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-23-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Elders of the city=Government judges.

Incidentally Moses mixed many of his own opinions in with GOD's laws, when he compiled the books of the old testament he tried to make it sound like he got the entire law all at once on the mount, but Josephus tells us that he issued new rules from time to time as cases came before him.
    So you can't blame some of the outrageous things in the law of of Moses on GOD, Christ himself placed the blame for Moses allowance of no fault divorce on Moses.

Matthew
    Chapter 19

1 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
    2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
    3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
    4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
    5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
    6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
    8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
    9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment