Thread: Is This Stock Ready For A Big Move? Are Cryptocurrencies For Real?

Is This Stock Ready For A Big Move? Are Cryptocurrencies For Real?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Verizon and then he starts talking crypto and specifically Bitcoin at 6:49. Totally agree w/ his take for the most part.

I don't know how long it'll take but I'm 99% sure bitcoin is going to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    It's either this or we run out of electricity on this planet.

Is Verizon ready for a big move? Hmmm.. Probably not, unless you know of a merger that is about to happen. Slow growing companies with 180 billion dollar market caps that are down 15% on the year while the market is up substantially don't make big moves. It is at the low end of a 4 and half year trading range so maybe it pops a few points. Very hard to make a $180 bill co in a mature industry become a $500 bill company.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    It might even happen before the sun turns into a black hole.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Is Verizon ready for a big move? Hmmm.. Probably not, unless you know of a merger that is about to happen. Slow growing companies with 180 billion dollar market caps that are down 15% on the year while the market is up substantially don't make big moves. It is at the low end of a 4 and half year trading range so maybe it pops a few points. Very hard to make a $180 bill co in a mature industry become a $500 bill company.
    My feelings regarding Verizon were exactly the opposite. A profitable formidable player in the telecommunications industry that hit their 52 week low on a report that their customer base had dwindled in one quarter. I purchased them because they have good earnings and I felt there was no way they were not going to remain a huge player in the market. Today their stock surged on reports that their customers are coming back and they are signing deals with Charter communications.

14:04 ET - Solid subscriber growth at T-Mobile (TMUS), AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ) doesn't bode well for Sprint, (S) which is set to report 2Q results August 1st. Verizon says it reversed sub losses, netting 614K postpaid subs in 2Q. TMUS added 817K and T added 127K. That doesn't leave much room for S, which even unveiled a plan near the end of the quarter to give away free wireless service for a year. VZ is up more than 7% while S falls more than 4%. (ryan.knutson@wsj.com)
    Last edited by Schifference; 07-27-2017 at 12:15 PM.