Thread: Trump rails against Rand Paul in meeting with the senators, and Paul fires back

Trump rails against Rand Paul in meeting with the senators, and Paul fires back

President Donald Trump reportedly singled out Republican Sen. Rand Paul during a dinner with GOP senators on Monday night, criticizing the libertarian-leaning lawmaker for his opposition to the Senate's healthcare bill.After the bill was sunk by opposition from the conservative and moderate wings of the Republican Party, Trump complained that Paul had gone out of his way to publicize his discontent with the bill, and he derided the senator's TV appearances as unnecessary grandstanding, according to a New York Times report. Paul was not at the dinner.
    Trump said that while it was one thing to vote against the bill, it was another to "go on all of the Sunday shows and complain about it," according to The Times.
    Paul responded on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, defending his relationship with the president and holding firm on his rejection of the bill, which would have repealed and replaced the Affordable Care Act, the law better known as Obamacare.
    "I think the president and I have a good relationship — I've been one of his strongest defenders. I will continue to defend him against mainstream-media attacks," Paul said. "But on issues of substance like healthcare, he knows where I'm coming from. ... I was at the first tea parties saying that Obamacare was a mistake and we should repeal it."

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...154407489.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Trump will not beat Paul.
    It's like War and Peace.
    Trump is Napoleon, or the Czar. Either way, Trump is not where he is because of Trump. He is more guided by his army than guiding his army. He is where he is because of a populist propaganda campaign.

Hopefully this is just 46-D good cop, bad cop chess.

Can @dannno confirm when Trump will do a 180 and endorse Rand's plan? I'm so excited for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hopefully this is just 46-D good cop, bad cop chess.
    It's all part of the plan! Any moment now Trump and Paul are going to roll us back to the Coolidge era!
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Can @dannno confirm when Trump will do a 180 and endorse Rand's plan? I'm so excited for that.
    Also.... when will Speaker Ryan be stepping down... remember he's "never been wrong" on his Trump predictions.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I think it it a wee bit hypocritical for Trump to call out any person for what they say, write, tweet........
    Last edited by Schifference; 07-21-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Also.... when will Speaker Ryan be stepping down... remember he's "never been wrong" on his Trump predictions.
    Wait a minute, I never said that.. I did say that all of CPUd's Trump predictions have been wrong.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey trump, when it came to picking sides on this bill:

Wait a minute, I never said that.. I did say that all of CPUd's Trump predictions have been wrong.
    I don't have the wherewithal to go back through the thousands of posts, but you did indeed say you have not been wrong. I forget the specific thread, but Trump had made some stupid appointment and there were a lot of "3D Chess" posts, followed by several trumpsplaining posts... If anyone has the patience to go find Danno's post where he said that, have at it. I remember it because I considered putting it in my sig line. lol
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Then admit that you were wrong with your prediction that Ryan would be out and we'll call it a day.

Then admit that you were wrong with your prediction that Ryan would be out and we'll call it a day.
    What, you think that limp dick motherfucker is going to be there in a few more months?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What, you think that limp dick motherfucker is going to be there in a few more months?
    Moving the goalposts are you?

Reading the headlines, it would appear the person who recently called Ryan a 'limp dick motherfucker' is not out yet, but he's certainly being handed his hat!

- Diogenes of Sinope

Moving the goalposts are you?
    Whatever dude, Ron Paul says the economy is going to collapse all the time and people give him $#@! because it hasn't happened yet. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen, doesn't mean he isn't going to be right when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Reading the headlines, it would appear the person who recently called Ryan a 'limp dick motherfucker' is not out yet, but he's certainly being handed his hat!
    Well that's what you get for believing the mainstream media headlines.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whatever dude, Ron Paul says the economy is going to collapse all the time and people give him $#@! because it hasn't happened yet. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen, doesn't mean he isn't going to be right when it does.
    Whatevar duuude.

As soon as Paul Ryan is out, Trump will be ready to debate health care again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    And if that is never?
    It happens soon after the vote fails. /snip
    The vote failed. Man the $#@! up for just once.

Whatevar duuude.

The vote failed. Man the $#@! up for just once.
    It didn't happen soon after the vote failed, doesn't mean it won't happen, doesn't mean that still isn't the goal. You can be right on a technicality and wrong on the issue. Just like Ron Paul seemed to think the collapse would happen sooner than it is going to, doesn't mean he isn't right that it would happen, and why.

I knew it all along, Dannno IS RON PAUL!

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It's all part of the plan! Any moment now Trump and Paul are going to roll us back to the Coolidge era!

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I knew it all along, Dannno IS RON PAUL!
    I think I might be Ron Paul's spirit animal.

It didn't happen soon after the vote failed, doesn't mean it won't happen, doesn't mean that still isn't the goal. You can be right on a technicality and wrong on the issue. Just like Ron Paul seemed to think the collapse would happen sooner than it is going to, doesn't mean he isn't right that it would happen, and why.
    Peter Schiff agrees!

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post