Thread: Judge Tells Marine to Choose Between 2A Rights And Fostering Grandson

Thumbs down Judge Tells Marine to Choose Between 2A Rights And Fostering Grandson

On Monday, the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) filed a lawsuit against Michigan’s Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) for impeding on foster and adoptive parents’ Second Amendment rights.

SAF filed the lawsuit on behalf of two couples: William and Jill Johnson and Brian and Naomi Mason.

The Johnsons were going to take custody of their grandson to keep him from going into foster care. When they went to pick up their grandson, William, a retired, disabled Marine with a Concealed Pistol License (CPL), was searched for a firearm. He was not carrying a firearm at the time. At that point, agency officials told the Johnsons that they would be required to provide all firearms’ serial numbers to the agency as part of a registry. When Johnson questioned agency workers, he was given a surprising response.

“If you want to care for your grandson you will have to give up some of your constitutional rights,” a MDHHS worker retorted.

When the Johnsons appeared before a Gogebic County Court judge, the judge reiterated the agency worker’s statement.

“We know we are violating numerous constitutional rights here, but if you do not comply, we will remove the boy from your home,” the judge said.

According to Alan Gottlieb, the Founder and Executive Vice President of the Second Amendment Foundation, the statements from agency workers and judges were outrageous.

“This amounts to coercion, with a child as their bartering chip. I cannot recall ever hearing anything so offensive and egregious, and we’ve handled cases like this in the past. Blatantly telling someone they must give up their civil rights in order to care for their own grandchild is simply beyond the pale,” Gottlieb said in a statement. “This is a case we simply must pursue,” Gottlieb said. “State agencies and the people who work in those agencies simply cannot be allowed to disregard someone’s civil rights.”

The lawsuit alleges MDHHS’ policy violates foster parents’ right to self-defense inside and outside of the home, which is protected under the Second Amendment.
    https://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2017/..._medium=social

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That tears it, I'm donating to SAF. They are simply where it's at.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I live next to a couple who foster their great-grandchildren.

It is about the money.

Their daughter is a druggie who perpetually makes bad life choices. She raised a daughter who is the same, plus is a world-class whore. She, of course, has bred indiscriminately and has lived her life as a stereotype, including the alleged child molesting boyfriends, babydaddys, and live-ins.

The great-grandparents now foster the children...........for money. A reward for raising $#@!ty children who perpetuate the cycle of sleaze.

The great-grandparents strut their virtue in taking in these poor children.

It makes me want to barf.

The big wheel does come around, however. The g-grandfather creepily told me how the two little girls love to crawl in bed with him and snuggle. The alleged child molesting babydaddy heard about it and hotlined him for molesting the girls.

Therefore, on an instinctive level, I don't give a rat's a$s about these peoples' 2nd Amendment rights, unless they use their guns to selectively cull their own defective bloodline.

I can't imagine not taking care of my grandchildren if something happened to our daughter and son in-law, who are really marvelous people, btw. That little boy does not belong to the state. He belongs to his family. This is not so much a gun thing as it is a custody thing. This is just a messed up system.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi