Thread: Are the best road signs in the country in New Hampshire?

Are the best road signs in the country in New Hampshire?

Exhibit A

Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exhibit B - This one is on the Maine border so when you enter NH you see FREEDOM!

Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-19-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Exhibit C

But do you have a wine highway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    But do you have a wine highway?
    No but Exhibit D

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    No but Exhibit D
    ^^^Seriously^^^???

LOLOLOLOL

Exhibit B - This one is on the Maine border so when you enter NH you see FREEDOM!

That sign is right down the road from me.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ^^^Seriously^^^???

LOLOLOLOL
    Real but also unoffical. http://www.wmur.com/article/prankste...-decal/5214740

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    That is cool. Is that near Fort Stewart in GA?

What are people poaching seaweed for ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Bootleg sushi rolls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I know where some of the dumbest are... like this one in Macon, Missouri:

And of course there is the standard marking for Do Not Pass:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a sign in Utah that says "Hill blocks view". Every time I see it I think "My tax dollars at work."
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Seaweed Harvesting Ban

The Concord Monitor reported the students were asked by state representatives to nominate senseless, odd laws that should be repealed. This gives the students a chance to read and interpret laws, which can sometimes be a challenge. After hearing laws from almost 24 different schools, a group from NMHS discovered a 40 year old ban that restricts harvesting seaweed at night. You can find this ordinance in Section 207:48 under the Fish and Game section, and states,

In Night. If any person shall carry away or collect for the purpose of carrying away any seaweed or rockweed from the seashore below high-water mark, between daylight in the evening and daylight in the morning, he shall be guilty of a violation.

Why did this ban exist? According to Hampton Library, farmers once hauled seaweed from the beaches to use as fertilizer on their crops. In the 1700s, a town ordinance was put in place to ban this practice from occurring at night. The reasoning behind it was to possibly “give everyone an equal chance to harvest” the seaweed, as stated by the library website.

New Hampshire has some other weird laws still in place. One interesting law is that it is illegal to book a hotel under an assumed or fictitious name. Another odd law in New Hampshire is that you may not run machinery on Sundays. Obviously this ban is not actively practiced by the common public in this day in age, but it’s still found in the New Hampshire law books.

Republican Representative Max Abramson filed for the seaweed bill to be repealed, and even stated he didn’t know why this ban existed in the first place. Instead of adding in more bills to the system, New Hampshire lawmakers found this contest to be beneficial to rid the system of meaningless laws of the past.
    https://www.thermnagency.com/new-hampshire-seaweed-ban/

I have booked a hotel under an assumed name in many states and countries, but never poached seaweed at night .
    Do something Danke

I have lived a sheltered life . If I needed to poach some seaweed under cover of darkness ordinarily I would have sent Danke, but now that he is missing again I guess I will need to look around for a new sidekick . I feel I was being a little short changed , after all The Lone Ranger had Tonto and all I had was Danke.

That is cool. Is that near Fort Stewart in GA?
    Yes, there are signs like that on 144. It's weird; state roads go through the base and the training areas of the base are open to the public for hunting, fishing, etc.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.