Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was eating out at 80s KFC like?

Totally and utterly misread the title.

The OP is a cunning linguist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Their food is grosser now
    Fast food has never been great, but it was better "back in the day".

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Finger lickin' good.
    Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    80's gravy is much better than the substance they sling now. I do prefer KFC to Bojangles, but only the original recipe.
    I pissed that they don't give you a wet wipe / spork / napkin combo any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Fast food has never been great, but it was better "back in the day".
    The local A & W drive in just closed here a couple years ago.
    Do something Danke

KFC was awesome in the 60s. I also miss that little wet wipe.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing American KFC just has less flour clumps. I just assumed Canadian KFC and American KFC were the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I pissed that they don't give you a wet wipe / spork / napkin combo any more.
    Dey don't give ya no sporks no mo? #ebonics
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Their food is grosser now
    All chain stores foods are grosser than they used to be. Burgers, Pizza, chicken. Profit margins have driven the whole industry of "chains" into dispensing mush. It all started with the noble free market cause of offering good product at good pricing. I believe it was Ray Krok that started the trend to the bottom but he certainly wasn't the last. And it continues to this day. I worked as a driver for Dominoes in the early '90's. Not only did I deliver the product but I also ate it. I can't, and won't, stomach one now.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    All chain stores foods are grosser than they used to be. Burgers, Pizza, chicken. Profit margins have driven the whole industry of "chains" into dispensing mush. It all started with the noble free market cause of offering good product at good pricing. I believe it was Ray Krok that started the trend to the bottom but he certainly wasn't the last. And it continues to this day. I worked as a driver for Dominoes in the early '90's. Not only did I deliver the product but I also ate it. I can't, and won't, stomach one now.
    I see an ad around here that has walk in two topping large pizzas for 8 FRN's . I have not tried it but that sounds awfully cheap to be any good at 3 dollar diesel fuel ?
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I traveled south a few times and ate at a fast food chicken place called BoJangles a few times. I think their chicken is way better than KFC.
    Popeyes is better than Bojangles but Bojangles has a hella chicken biscuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Popeyes is the best.

We stopped at an old (even back in the 70's & 80's) KFC on the way to Lake Lanier in the summer. Dad would buy a bucket of chicken for the first night and then we'd eat fish we caught the rest of the time.

I loved it but we didn't go out to eat very much. That was the only fast food we really had. Even after ball games when the team went to McDonalds we were only allowed the fries because my dad thought the burgers were kangaroo meat - he said that's why kids were so jumpy. I'm not sure he was joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I hear that a lot. I guess Popeye's in Atlanta is good. The interstate side one and the one that just opened here suck. The chicken fingers were cold on the inside from setting out and then flash fried. for Christ's sake and the Shrimp? I took the whole plate up and demanded my money back. If I were the owner of the franchise I'd have fired the whole crew.

I'd rather just get Raising Cane's chicken tenders.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    We stopped at an old (even back in the 70's & 80's) KFC on the way to Lake Lanier in the summer. Dad would buy a bucket of chicken for the first night and then we'd eat fish we caught the rest of the time.

I loved it but we didn't go out to eat very much. That was the only fast food we really had. Even after ball games when the team went to McDonalds we were only allowed the fries because my dad thought the burgers were kangaroo meat - he said that's why kids were so jumpy. I'm not sure he was joking.
    Your dad sounds like my uncle

Kentucky Fried Chicken (it's only correct name) was always as bad and catchy as the pop songs you never admit you like.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    Were the portions 33% breading or what?
    Avoid the crispy. Stick to the original.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

What was eating at 80s KFC like?
    It was exactly like this. Every time. Only better.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

KFC original is still awesome.
    Every quarter or so we get a meal and I eat like six pieces until it starts to be gross.
    Kind of like with snow crabs... I just keep going until my body says yeah, that is enough fat for now.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    It was exactly like this. Every time. Only better.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AZJoe again.
    That feels good, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This thread reminds me of the time my son asked me to stop and get him some chicken fingers on the way home.

Which I did...

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    This thread reminds me of the time my son asked me to stop and get him some chicken fingers on the way home.

Which I did...

The digits at the end of your feet are called toes not fingers, birds have 3 fingers and 4 toes. Well, birds don't really have fingers like we know it because their fingers come together with skin to form wings. The smarta** me as a small kid would have so called you out on it.

You will buy me what is commonly known as chicken fingers and take your anatomy lessons along with it
    Last edited by juleswin; 07-22-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    I liked the old slaw.
    Same here. Actually, I liked a few of their side dishes. I wouldn't eat there now, but if I was forced to, I would get mashed potatoes, coleslaw, baked beans and biscuits.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What was reading and posting on RPFs like in 2007 and 2008 when fast food restaurants didn't dominate the discussions?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    What was reading and posting on RPFs like in 2007 and 2008 when fast food restaurants didn't dominate the discussions?
    As you were here then...

https://www.caring.com/articles/memory-clinics

Publix has better fried chicken
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

Popeyes is better than Bojangles
    ^This

Popeye's spicy chix sprinkled with their hot sauce. Durn good fried chicken. With rice-n-beans side. Decent buttery biscuit.

My fam did a lot of KFC growing up in the 70's - it was a treat, and good. I ate there a year ago, had the original, and it had that white, lumpy sh!t under the skin. Very gross. I didn't even eat the skin and wiped the grossness off the meat with a napkin. Their sides suck ass too.

In my neighborhood, Pollo Fiesta (Mexican grilled chicken) rules. It is soooooooo good.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 07-23-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast