View Poll Results: Will The 2020 GOP Presidential Primary Be Contested?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

3 21.43%
  • Probably

4 28.57%
  • Unsure

2 14.29%
  • Probably Not

3 21.43%
  • Definitely Not

2 14.29%

Thread: Will The 2020 GOP Presidential Primary Be Contested?

Will The 2020 GOP Presidential Primary Be Contested?

And, if it is contested, who would you most like to see run/win?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope it will, Dump needs pressure to keep him from drifting left even if we don't win.

Here is my list of who should run:
    https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index
    Idaho

Dist.1: Raul Labrador - 91%

Kentucky

Sen. Rand Paul - 93%

Dist.4: Thomas Massie - 98%

Utah

Sen. Mike Lee - 92%

Michigan

Dist.3: Justin Amash - 94%

I am open to suggestions.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

@Swordsmyth, all good suggestions, of which Rand is the most electable IMO

I'm hoping he changes his mind about not running again.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    @Swordsmyth, all good suggestions, of which Rand is the most electable IMO

I'm hoping he changes his mind about not running again.
    He said he would would do it again if he had the chance in one of his most candid interviews.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Only if the wall doesn't get built. If there is a photo op of Trump in front of an impressive structure by 2020, he will decimate whomever he runs against.

Too early to tell. Parties don't usually change horse in midstream and there is a lot of stream between now and then. Ask again in late 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ask again in late 2018.
    The outcome of the mid-term's definitely something to watch.

Dems currently at +7.2 by RCP

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably not.

... Rand is the most electable IMO
    He is provided he changes his campaign communicaton strategy.

In 2016 campaign, Rand like most was too soft on DGP & his PSMs (political slave masters)/media owners team and that allowed Trumpster to steal the show by positioning himself as the most vocal critic of DGP. After Trumpster successed in creating that image, he could shoot someone in Time Square and still win electon.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    In 2016 campaign, Rand like most was too soft on DGP & his PSMs (political slave masters)/media owners team and that allowed Trumpster to steal the show by positioning himself as the most vocal critic of DGP. After Trumpster successed in creating that image, he could shoot someone in Time Square and still win electon.
    I don't think Trump's success/Rand's failure was about who better criticized Obama. More about immigration and the culture war - Trump played up fears of immigrants, insulted blacks, women, etc. Basically, he, like the alt-right, made himself into a reverse SJW, ala "You're always calling us racists/sexists/etc, so fine, we'll be that." It played. The only hope for the future is that it stops playing and the narrative changes back to the small government constitutionalist themes that had been growing in the party since 2008, which I what I expect to happen after people get sick of the Trump show. 2020 may be too soon, but definitely by 2024.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Probably not.

Rand's 'polite rebel' strategy backfired spectacularly.

Probably not.

I don't think Trump's success/Rand's failure was about who better criticized Obama. More about immigration and the culture war - Trump played up fears of immigrants, insulted blacks, women, etc. Basically, he, like the alt-right, made himself into a reverse SJW, ala "You're always calling us racists/sexists/etc, so fine, we'll be that." It played. The only hope for the future is that it stops playing and the narrative changes back to the small government constitutionalist themes that had been growing in the party since 2008, which I what I expect to happen after people get sick of the Trump show. 2020 may be too soon, but definitely by 2024.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Rand's 'polite rebel' strategy backfired spectacularly.
    People are looking for a leader not a teacher, that is what limited Dr. Paul Sr. as well, we need an aggressive dominant liberty candidate, he can teach the people about liberty after he gets into office.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

That's one interpretation but his loudest messages were anti Obama/anti media domestically, "America First" on foreign policy, tough on immigration.. with Obama being the "the First immigrant" without proper birther certificate. There was high disdain towards DGP among public and he was celever enough to convert that into his electability.

Do you happen to agree with this controversial meme going around, seems like you agree with first part at least but do you agree with second part too:

That's one interpretation but his loudest messages were anti Obama/anti media domestically, "America First" on foreign policy, tough on immigration.. with Obama being the "the First immigrant" without proper birther certificate. There was high disdain towards DGP among public and he was celever enough to convert that into his electability.
    Think about what Dems were attacking him for, as that's the same thing that fueled his success.

Was it an (allegedly) less aggressive foreign policy? No. Jobs (que underpants gnome meme)? No.

It was racism/sexism/general douchebaggery That's why he won, that's why they hate him, that's why the alt-right loves him.

It has nothing much to do with policy one way or the other.

Do you happen to agree with this controversial meme going around, seems like you agree with first part at least but do you agree with second part too:

Sounds like a meaningless slogan, I really have no opinion.