View Poll Results: Will The 2020 GOP Presidential Primary Be Contested?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

    3 21.43%
  • Probably

    4 28.57%
  • Unsure

    2 14.29%
  • Probably Not

    3 21.43%
  • Definitely Not

    2 14.29%
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Will The 2020 GOP Presidential Primary Be Contested?

  1. #1

    Default Will The 2020 GOP Presidential Primary Be Contested?

    And, if it is contested, who would you most like to see run/win?
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

    -Ibid.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    I hope it will, Dump needs pressure to keep him from drifting left even if we don't win.

    Here is my list of who should run:
    https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index
    Idaho

    Dist.1: Raul Labrador - 91%

    Kentucky

    Sen. Rand Paul - 93%

    Dist.4: Thomas Massie - 98%

    Utah

    Sen. Mike Lee - 92%

    Michigan

    Dist.3: Justin Amash - 94%


    I am open to suggestions.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #3

    Default

    @Swordsmyth, all good suggestions, of which Rand is the most electable IMO

    I'm hoping he changes his mind about not running again.
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

    -Ibid.

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    @Swordsmyth, all good suggestions, of which Rand is the most electable IMO

    I'm hoping he changes his mind about not running again.
    He said he would would do it again if he had the chance in one of his most candid interviews.

  6. #5

  7. #6

    Default

    Only if the wall doesn't get built. If there is a photo op of Trump in front of an impressive structure by 2020, he will decimate whomever he runs against.
    “Force the normies into taking sides. At the moment they are just like "meh, I am minding my own business" retreating culturally into their private bubbles and "safe-spaces" since they don't understand what is going on. When the actual "us vs them" starts, they will be forced to fight or they'll die.” - Anonymous Poster

  8. #7

    Default

    Too early to tell. Parties don't usually change horse in midstream and there is a lot of stream between now and then. Ask again in late 2018.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ask again in late 2018.
    The outcome of the mid-term's definitely something to watch.

    Dems currently at +7.2 by RCP
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

    -Ibid.

  10. #9

    Default

    Probably not.

    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ... Rand is the most electable IMO
    He is provided he changes his campaign communicaton strategy.

    In 2016 campaign, Rand like most was too soft on DGP & his PSMs (political slave masters)/media owners team and that allowed Trumpster to steal the show by positioning himself as the most vocal critic of DGP. After Trumpster successed in creating that image, he could shoot someone in Time Square and still win electon.

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    In 2016 campaign, Rand like most was too soft on DGP & his PSMs (political slave masters)/media owners team and that allowed Trumpster to steal the show by positioning himself as the most vocal critic of DGP. After Trumpster successed in creating that image, he could shoot someone in Time Square and still win electon.
    I don't think Trump's success/Rand's failure was about who better criticized Obama. More about immigration and the culture war - Trump played up fears of immigrants, insulted blacks, women, etc. Basically, he, like the alt-right, made himself into a reverse SJW, ala "You're always calling us racists/sexists/etc, so fine, we'll be that." It played. The only hope for the future is that it stops playing and the narrative changes back to the small government constitutionalist themes that had been growing in the party since 2008, which I what I expect to happen after people get sick of the Trump show. 2020 may be too soon, but definitely by 2024.
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

    -Ibid.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Probably not.



    He is provided he changes his campaign communicaton strategy.

    In 2016 campaign, Rand like most was too soft on DGP & his PSMs (political slave masters)/media owners team and that allowed Trumpster to steal the show by positioning himself as the most vocal critic of DGP. After Trumpster successed in creating that image, he could shoot someone in Time Square and still win electon.
    Rand's 'polite rebel' strategy backfired spectacularly.
    “Force the normies into taking sides. At the moment they are just like "meh, I am minding my own business" retreating culturally into their private bubbles and "safe-spaces" since they don't understand what is going on. When the actual "us vs them" starts, they will be forced to fight or they'll die.” - Anonymous Poster

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Probably not.



    He is provided he changes his campaign communicaton strategy.

    In 2016 campaign, Rand like most was too soft on DGP & his PSMs (political slave masters)/media owners team and that allowed Trumpster to steal the show by positioning himself as the most vocal critic of DGP. After Trumpster successed in creating that image, he could shoot someone in Time Square and still win electon.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I don't think Trump's success/Rand's failure was about who better criticized Obama. More about immigration and the culture war - Trump played up fears of immigrants, insulted blacks, women, etc. Basically, he, like the alt-right, made himself into a reverse SJW, ala "You're always calling us racists/sexists/etc, so fine, we'll be that." It played. The only hope for the future is that it stops playing and the narrative changes back to the small government constitutionalist themes that had been growing in the party since 2008, which I what I expect to happen after people get sick of the Trump show. 2020 may be too soon, but definitely by 2024.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Rand's 'polite rebel' strategy backfired spectacularly.
    People are looking for a leader not a teacher, that is what limited Dr. Paul Sr. as well, we need an aggressive dominant liberty candidate, he can teach the people about liberty after he gets into office.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  14. #13

    Default

    That's one interpretation but his loudest messages were anti Obama/anti media domestically, "America First" on foreign policy, tough on immigration.. with Obama being the "the First immigrant" without proper birther certificate. There was high disdain towards DGP among public and he was celever enough to convert that into his electability.

    Do you happen to agree with this controversial meme going around, seems like you agree with first part at least but do you agree with second part too:


  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    That's one interpretation but his loudest messages were anti Obama/anti media domestically, "America First" on foreign policy, tough on immigration.. with Obama being the "the First immigrant" without proper birther certificate. There was high disdain towards DGP among public and he was celever enough to convert that into his electability.
    Think about what Dems were attacking him for, as that's the same thing that fueled his success.

    Was it an (allegedly) less aggressive foreign policy? No. Jobs (que underpants gnome meme)? No.

    It was racism/sexism/general douchebaggery That's why he won, that's why they hate him, that's why the alt-right loves him.

    It has nothing much to do with policy one way or the other.

    Do you happen to agree with this controversial meme going around, seems like you agree with first part at least but do you agree with second part too:

    Sounds like a meaningless slogan, I really have no opinion.
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

    -Ibid.






Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2016, 03:57 PM
  2. Amash Hints at 2020 Presidential Run
    By jct74 in forum Justin Amash Forum
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 09:21 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 07:01 PM
  4. List of 2020 or 2024 Republican Presidential Canidates
    By dude58677 in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 04:20 PM
  5. What party should Adam Kokesh run as for his 2020 presidential campaign?
    By IDefendThePlatform in forum Liberty Campaigns
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 11:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •