Thread: UK University to Get Rid of Portraits of White Scholars Because They ‘Intimidate’ Ethnic Minor

Default UK University to Get Rid of Portraits of White Scholars Because They ‘Intimidate’ Ethnic Minor

UK University to Get Rid of Portraits of White Scholars Because They ‘Intimidate’ Ethnic Minorities

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/uk-u...ic-minorities/

A top UK university is to replace portraits of its founding fathers with a “wall of diversity” of scholars from different backgrounds following pressure from students.

Kings College London is planning to remove the portraits of former university staff from the main entrance wall and replace them with BME (Black and minority ethnic) scholars.

The proposal to exclude white scholars from the entrance wall follows criticism from students who claimed that the presence of such portraits is too “intimidating” for minorities, The Telegraph reported.

Professor Patrick Leman, who unveiled the plans, said that the university should swap “busts of 1920s bearded men” with more diverse scholars to ensure the institution feels less “alienating”.

Leman’s remarks about “bearded men” are thought to refer to two founders of Kings College London – Dr Henry Maudsley and neurologist Sir Frederick Mott – whose busts are placed in the university to recognize their work.

Leman added that portraits near the main entrance feature “almost entirely white middle-aged men” and will be replaced with a “wall of diversity”.

Portraits of former deans, meanwhile, would be “taken down” from their prominent position near the entrance and later rehung in less visible places around the university.

As well as targeting busts and portraits, teaching materials like diagrams of the human anatomy will also be changed to show a “range of ethnic groups” and not just the “standard white male”.

The professor claimed his changes are backed by the student union that has been, according to him, “exceptionally good” in pushing for a diversified curriculum.

He said: “We’re trying to reflect the diversity in terms of students we have, but also trying to be more inter-cultural, more international in terms of how we develop the science.

“A great deal of medical, psychological research has been of white, male, North American or European students…so increasingly we try and broaden it to include more recent research from Asia, Africa, and from other parts of the world.

“[We are] making sure that the space in which students learn… doesn’t just have the busts of the bearded 1920s men, but also has pictures of people from different ethnic groups, different cultures. It’s not that we’re throwing anything into the bin.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

LOL @ "There is no such thing as white genocide".

As well as targeting busts and portraits, teaching materials like diagrams of the human anatomy will also be changed to show a “range of ethnic groups” and not just the “standard white male”.
    Oh boy, I wonder if they're gonna go with BBCs or Asian pee-pee's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

The Queen should revoke the school's charter and deport the miscreants to Australia.
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

-Ludwig von Mises

"Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

-Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

"The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

-Ibid.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The Queen should revoke the school's charter and deport the miscreants to Australia.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I see no reason that I should be the only one to suffer. And yes, I will one day exact my revenge upon those who exposed me to this toxic waste, for it is a crime against humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    With my whole being. I'd honestly consider giving my entire worldly wealth for 10 mins. alone with him behind the woodshed.

https://www.amazon.ca/Sovereign-Individual-Mastering-Transition-Information/dp/0684832720