Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mpls cop shoots, kills Australian woman

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hold on, I thought that in the Eurotopia paradise, all medical care is free? That's what Bernie Sanders said.
    It is...and you are healed with unicorn farts.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The shooter is refusing to talk, the driver says there was a "loud sound" as they drove up, then she approached and Officer Noor shot her -- so sounding not like an unintentional discharge.

Sounds like what the Balch Springs TX cop claimed when he shot the black teenager a couple months back (claimed he heard fireworks that could have been gun shots).

It can still be spun with the same "tragic accident" angle though, so it's all good. Looks like another outrageous case that will end up being a nothing burger -- a big payout for the taxpayers to make though :

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/ooc/new...-Shooting.aspx

Update on BCA Investigation of Minneapolis Officer Involved Shooting

ST. PAUL — The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) today confirmed identity of the two Minneapolis Police Department officers involved in an officer involved shooting incident on Saturday, July 15. The BCA is conducting the investigation at the request of the Minneapolis Police Department.
    snip

BCA agents interviewed Officer Harrity earlier today. Officer Noor has declined to be interviewed by BCA agents at this time. Officer Noor’s attorney did not provide clarification on when, if ever, an interview would be possible.

According to the BCA’s preliminary investigation, officers Harrity and Noor responded to a 911 call from a woman now identified as Ruszczyk of a possible assault near her residence just after 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Officer Harrity was driving. Officer Noor was in the passenger seat.

The officers drove south through the alley between Washburn and Xerxes avenues toward West 51st Street in search of a suspect. All squad lights were off.

As they reached West 51st Street, Officer Harrity indicated that he was startled by a loud sound near the squad. Immediately afterward Ruszczyk approached the driver’s side window of the squad. Harrity indicated that Officer Noor discharged his weapon, striking Ruszczyk through the open driver’s side window.

The officers immediately exited the squad and provided medical attention until medical personnel arrived. Ruszczyk was pronounced dead at the scene. Both officers have been placed on standard administrative leave.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 07-18-2017 at 07:55 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Minneapolis mayor announces the police chief will be stepping down over this, before she is run off by angry riff-raff peasants protesting :

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    The Minneapolis mayor announces the police chief will be stepping down over this, before she is run off by angry riff-raff peasants protesting :

Good!

Raise hell, glad to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good!

Raise hell, glad to see it.
    Of course everywhere else the protesters are being dismissed as being "just BLM-types" -- but at least the BLM crowd knows how to make some noise (would be nice though if they would focus more on *all* cases , and stay away from the questionable ones -- and not do counter-productive things like block interstates).

while hundreds of mostly white protesters just quietly stroll through her neighborhood holding signs and weeping, making chalk drawings -- having no real impact, and getting no attention.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 07-22-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Here's a good comment I saw on the Reddit "Bad Cop, No Donut" board :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_...f0&sh=26dae111

outoftowner2 3 points 2 hours ago

We are approaching the point that foreign governments are going to be forced to issue a travel warning for their citizens visiting the US.

They will have to warn their citizens that there is a dangerous and very violent street gang roaming the streets of every community in this country and these gang members can murder anybody they encounter just because they are a little bit afraid.

The name of that street gang is "Police officers" and they roam the streets of every community with complete government acceptance and support.

They will have to warn their citizens that there is a dangerous and very violent street gang roaming the streets of every community in this country and these gang members can murder anybody they encounter just because they are a little bit afraid.
    American shakedown: Police won't charge you, but they'll grab your money

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/america...oney-1.2760736

On its official website, the Canadian government informs its citizens that “there is no limit to the amount of money that you may legally take into or out of the United States.” Nonetheless, it adds, banking in the U.S. can be difficult for non-residents, so Canadians shouldn’t carry large amounts of cash.

That last bit is excellent advice, but for an entirely different reason than the one Ottawa cites.

There’s a shakedown going on in the U.S., and the perps are in uniform.

Across America, law enforcement officers — from federal agents to state troopers right down to sheriffs in one-street backwaters — are operating a vast, co-ordinated scheme to grab as much of the public’s cash as they can; “hand over fist,” to use the words of one police trainer.

This Minneapolis situation is beyond ridiculous. When the city forks out a truckload of money for body cams, it seems to me that the least the officers could do is turn them on when responding to a call. Sheesh.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This Minneapolis situation is beyond ridiculous. When the city forks out a truckload of money for body cams, it seems to me that the least the officers could do is turn them on when responding to a call. Sheesh.
    Another couple of million for "training" ought to do it...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Meh. More of the same musical chairs game where nobody actually loses a chair.

I want to see a police chief that actually beat the living crap out of an officer for something like this.

Lesbian police chief.

Who do they hire next to double-down on the diversity?

Tranny muslim?

Midget communist illegal?

Satanic Baptist crossdressing preacher?

ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Meh. More of the same musical chairs game where nobody actually loses a chair.

I want to see a police chief that actually beat the living crap out of an officer for something like this.
    Should be how it is -- instead chiefs and other supervisors are all "buddy-buddy" with subordinates. You kind of have to wonder why they even have a military-style ranking system, it sure as hell isn't for accountability .

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Showing up all over the city:

They are saying that she 'slapped' the car before approaching the window. So you see...."She did it to herself."

A woman approached the back of a Minneapolis police car and "slapped" it shortly before an Australian woman was shot and killed by an officer, according to a search warrant filed by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

The search warrant obtained by Minnesota Public Radio doesn't specifically say that the woman was Justine Damond, but: "Upon police arrival, a female 'slaps' the back of the patrol squad ... After that, it is unknown to BCA agents what exactly happened, but the female became deceased in the alley."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...woman-48824605

the female became deceased
    Wow, that takes that "curious wording" skill to a whole new level.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Officer Noor has declined to be interviewed by BCA agents at this time.
    You see? Even Especially cops know better than to talk to cops ...

The officers immediately exited the squad and provided medical attention until medical personnel arrived.
    Heroes.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The officers immediately exited the squad and provided medical attention until medical personnel arrived.
    I saw on some gun board a deputy talking about how this sort of cop first aid for people they shoot is considered "PR compressions" -- something that looks good on video and probably does more harm than good.

I saw on some gun board a deputy talking about how this sort of cop first aid for people they shoot is considered "PR compressions" -- something that looks good on video and probably does more harm than good.
    Blue Team CPR.

Saving lives every day.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    They are saying that she 'slapped' the car before approaching the window. So you see...."She did it to herself."
    Your right, I found the footage.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Showing up all over the city:

They need to pop up all over the country.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

To borrow Pete's words, what must be done cannot be spoken here.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Blue Team CPR.

Saving lives every day.

Heroes

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-07-2017 at 06:27 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It looks like another state-sanctioned murderer will walk :

http://www.startribune.com/freeman-t...ing/464211313/

Freeman to activists: No evidence to prosecute officer in Justine Damond shooting
    Hennepin County attorney says investigators "haven't done their job"
    By Brandon Stahl Star Tribune
    December 14, 2017 — 4:58pm

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said Wednesday that he does not yet have the evidence to file charges against a Minneapolis police officer in the shooting death of Justine Damond, blaming a lack of evidence and investigators in the case that “haven’t done their job.”

Freeman made the candid comments during a union event after being confronted by activists, who recorded the interaction. They asked Freeman why it has taken so long for him to announce a charging decision on whether officer Mohamed Noor was justified in shooting and killing Damond on July 15.

“Fair question. I’ve got to have the evidence, and I don’t have it yet,” Freeman responded. “Let me just say it’s not my fault. So if it isn’t my fault, who didn’t do their job? Investigators. They don’t work for me. They haven’t done their job.”

Freeman said coming to a decision “is the big present I want under the Christmas tree.”

Damond’s family is “deeply distressed and unhappy” following Freeman’s remarks, said Bob Bennett, the attorney representing the family.

“We expected a quality investigation that would be fair, complete and accurate, and apparently that hasn’t happened,” Bennett said.

FFS!

Oh well. Just another day, another statistic. Carry on.

It looks like another state-sanctioned murderer will walk :

http://www.startribune.com/freeman-t...ing/464211313/

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said Wednesday that he does not yet have the evidence to file charges against a Minneapolis police officer in the shooting death of Justine Damond, blaming a lack of evidence and investigators in the case that “haven’t done their job.”
    There is a dead woman. We have a body. We have a murder weapon. We know who fired the gun and murdered her. What more evidence does this DA need?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In some ways you can understand why the prosecutor would hesitate.

During the dangerous course of a police officer's duty, such a conviction could make an officer hesitate for a moment before shooting an unarmed woman in the future. How safe would the streets be at that point?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast