Thread: Greatest Fools? The Countries That Trust Their Government Most (And Least)

Greatest Fools? The Countries That Trust Their Government Most (And Least)

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    According to the CBS in my home country the Netherlands; in 2014, 42% of the people in the Netherlands trust government officials (in Dutch): https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/nieuws/2015...n-tweede-kamer

In 2014, 35% of the people in the Netherlands trust the Dutch parliament (tweede kamer).

In 2014, 36% of the people in the Netherlands trust the European Union.

In 2014, 68% of the people in the Netherlands trust the police.

In 2014, 29% of the people in the Netherlands trust the church.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

When I was in Holland in 2000, I remember there being a brochure that was distributed by the police. They were very clear in how things went in Amsterdam.
    Smoke too much? Come to the police, we're here to help.
    Argument with a prostitute? Come to the police we're here to help.
    It literally said this - along with the words "We know why you're here, and you will not surprise us."

It also made it crystal clear that you were NOT to enter the canals and you were NOT to be discovered peeing in the street, as these acts WOULD be dealt with sternly.

That experience is why I'm only like 85% convinced that statelessness is the way to go. I've seen statist systems that can hold people accountable not to be animals, but are still more about respecting them as people than pushing them around.

In short, yeah, I would trust those police.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.