Thread: Augustus Sol Invictus Resigns from LP, now a Republican

Augustus Sol Invictus Resigns from LP, now a Republican

My enemies are not the leftists who have infiltrated and corrupted the Libertarian Party. An enemy is an equal; they are not equals, they are nothing.

My enemies – which are the enemies of the American people – are the Federal Reserve, the international banking system, the United Nations, the Deep State, the mass media, and the special interests controlling our Federal Government. All the time I spend attacking and defending against leftists inside the Libertarian Party is time that would be better spent attacking the system.

Huge loss for the LP, which becomes more irrelevant by the minute. His full statement is here:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/state...party-invictus

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Huge loss? The dude is a clown and fruitcake. His ***** affectations fit better as a LARP in a Renaissance Fair or Burning Man than the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Huge loss? The dude is a clown and fruitcake. His ***** affectations fit better as a LARP in a Renaissance Fair or Burning Man than the GOP.
    Gave the greatest speech in the history of Libertarian Party. So yes, I would classify that as a huge loss.

His eloquent, 3/4 JFK, 1/4 Foghorn Leghorn affected speech is going to be just what this nation will be looking for seven years in to Trump's lowbrow New York City delivery.

Magically disappearing accent:

Augustus Sol Invictus?
    Why would I think he has a god complex?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This clown in April 2013:

HEAR YE MY FINAL WORDS IN PEACETIME:

I have prophesied for years that I was born for a Great War; that if I did not witness the coming of the Second American Civil War I would begin it myself. Mark well: That day is fast coming upon you. On the New Moon of May, I shall disappear into the Wilderness. I will return bearing Revolution, or I will not return at all.

Interesting. I read up about this last night somewhat. I was a member of the Libertarian Party for a good many years but let it lapse sometime around the candidacy of Bob Barr (seriously?) and that maniac Wayne Allen Root. And now Gary Johnson TWICE? For the love of Martha.

So in any case I haven't followed party politics much for a number of years and hadn't heard of this guy that I recall until last night. A few random thoughts.

I'd say many of his policies align with Ron Paul's (and my own), but he does seem to have some troubling white nationalist, eugenics supporting views.

What IS with his changing accent anyway? We were watching a movie last night so I had to keep the volume down, but does he seem to flop between a Southern drawl and... British? Strange.

What is the meaning of his name? That's mostly why I can't believe I hadn't heard of him before. Did he change a normal one to... that? He sounds like a Caesar.

Anyway I'll listen to anything anyone has to say, but on balance I would say he strikes me as a David Duke type which I can't support.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Congrats to the LP for being rid of this wackadoodle. Condolences to the GOP. Lol he lost a Libertarian primary race 3 to 1, who does that?

Party Candidate Votes Percentage
    Libertarian Paul Stanton 2,943 73.5%
    Augustus Invictus 1,059 26.5%
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    My enemies are not the leftists who have infiltrated and corrupted the Libertarian Party. An enemy is an equal; they are not equals, they are nothing.

My enemies – which are the enemies of the American people – are the Federal Reserve, the international banking system, the United Nations, the Deep State, the mass media, and the special interests controlling our Federal Government. All the time I spend attacking and defending against leftists inside the Libertarian Party is time that would be better spent attacking the system.

Huge loss for the LP, which becomes more irrelevant by the minute. His full statement is here:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/state...party-invictus
    Yes, the LP will lose out on the pagan eugenicist goat sacrifice vote, and fade into obscurity. But just think of the relevance he will bring to the Republicans!
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post

What is the meaning of his name? That's mostly why I can't believe I hadn't heard of him before. Did he change a normal one to... that? He sounds like a Caesar.
    According to wickedpedia:

Augustus Sol Invictus (Latin: majestic unconquered sun); born July 31, 1983 as Austin Gillespie
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    According to wickedpedia:

Augustus Sol Invictus (Latin: majestic unconquered sun); born July 31, 1983 as Austin Gillespie
    Thanks.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post

What IS with his changing accent anyway? We were watching a movie last night so I had to keep the volume down, but does he seem to flop between a Southern drawl and... British? Strange.

I'd say many of his policies align with Ron Paul's (and my own), but he does seem to have some troubling white nationalist, eugenics supporting views.
    The accent he uses only for formal speeches. It is a rhetorical technique. He was a big Ron Paul supporter, like Richard Spencer and many on the Alt-Right. I don't think he is any more "white nationalist" than Ron Paul is. Just part of a younger generation and uses slightly different language. His "wilderness" comment refers to the time he quit his law practice and walked 2,500 miles from Florida to the Mojave Desert where he sacrificed a goat and drank its blood. Here is an excerpt from the Open Letter he wrote to his De Paul University classmates prior to setting off:

As for those in the profession of law: The vast majority of you are nothing more than parasites. The only reason you eat, the only reason you can afford to have roofs over your heads, is that the lives of others have been ruined by the very laws & social order you claim to be legitimate. You feed off others like worms, and were this world & their lives just & in order, you would be out of work. Look upon your lives, and repent.

Huge loss? The dude is a clown and fruitcake.
    Seconded

And I'm delighted to see the alt-right embrace him (assuming RonPaulMall is representative).

Win-Win for liberty

We really need a way to kick people out of the Republican Party.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    We really need a way to kick people out of the Republican Party.
    Hey, he identifies as a Republican now. Pretty sure you have to accept whatever anyone identifies as.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His "wilderness" comment refers to the time he quit his law practice and walked 2,500 miles from Florida to the Mojave Desert where he sacrificed a goat and drank its blood. Here is an excerpt from the Open Letter he wrote to his De Paul University classmates prior to setting off:
    WITNESS YE MY RENUNCIATION:

I hereby renounce my licenses to practice law, my diplomas, my affiliation with Rollins, DePaul, and the University of South Florida, my United States citizenship, my membership in the Roman Catholic Church, my law firm, my publishing company & poetry journal, and all of my material possessions
    Then he came back - not bearing any revolution - and un-renounced everything to go back to practicing law in the US as a citizen.

I have prophesied for years that I was born for a Great War; that if I did not witness the coming of the Second American Civil War I would begin it myself. Mark well: That day is fast coming upon you. On the New Moon of May, I shall disappear into the Wilderness. I will return bearing Revolution, or I will not return at all.
    Guy read Zarathustra too many times

His "wilderness" comment refers to the time he quit his law practice and walked 2,500 miles from Florida to the Mojave Desert where he sacrificed a goat and drank its blood.
    Oh...Libertarians.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Oh...Libertarians.
    >Complains about libertines taking over the party

>Is a libertine

He's not the only member of the alt-right who could be criticized on those same grounds, either. It actually appears to be a running theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

>Complains about libertines taking over the party

>Is a libertine

He's not the only member of the alt-right who could be criticized on those same grounds, either. It actually appears to be a running theme.
    It's just that the basic fundamentals of electoral politics that seems to elude the Libertarians. No doubt those Skull & Bones boys have similar tales but they keep mum.

And you'll get no complaints from me about libertarians taking over the GOP. That's exactly what Ron Paul told us to do.

This statement encapsulates what I have been telling you all for years. Cut out the name calling. Unify. Stop eating your own.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Gave the greatest speech in the history of Libertarian Party. So yes, I would classify that as a huge loss.

His eloquent, 3/4 JFK, 1/4 Foghorn Leghorn affected speech is going to be just what this nation will be looking for seven years in to Trump's lowbrow New York City delivery.
    When you have to compare and contrast yourself with street lunatics, you're doing it wrong.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

..he's a big fan of the ted cruz-loving austin petersen......he is certainly qualified to do the voice-over as the new foghorn leghorn...

....quitting the 2-bit whores at the LP and joining the murder inc. republican party while preaching from some moral high horse?!?......and doing it with a straight face!?..this guy resembles a psychotic fool and deservedly belongs in the stinking republican party inc.. ugh...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.