Thread: SJW captured in Berkeley

SJW captured in Berkeley

Another Berkeley "teacher"...

Berkeley vandal arrested, charged with hate crime

BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Berkeley residents are reacting to the arrest of a suspect who police say was spray painting racist and anti-police graffiti on cars and fences there.

Police have identified the suspect as a former substitute teacher.

"On a lot of cars up and down the street and ours had the anarchist sign," one resident told ABC7 News.

It all began on June 28, 2017, many residents woke up to their property tagged and damaged.

"The police came and talked to me and said you have any enemies or anything like that? Then I said no, then he started seeing it up and down the street," said Craig, a Berkeley resident.

"Some of the slogans were racially motivated, they were derogatory in nature. They identified people by race which makes it a hate crime," said Andrew Frankel, with the Berkeley Police Department.

Detectives arrested 21-year old Ismael Chamu at his San Francisco home Thursday night. Police believe he is responsible for all 35 vandalism acts.

Last month, police arrested Chamu after officers responded to a burglary.

"He was stopped for that reason because the description matched, they were the only guys on the street at that hour," said Frankel.

Police arrested him for having an illegal knife which they found under a vehicle near where he was taken into custody. The district attorney released him days later.

Chamu complained on social media, that police racially profiled him during that arrest.

On his LinkedIn account, it says Chamu is Co-President of the Pre-Law Coalition for Social Justice.

"I'm glad they caught the person, it's unfortunate for everybody who had it happen to them," said Craig, a Berkeley resident.

Chamu is scheduled to be arraigned on vandalism and hate crime charges Monday, July 24, 2017.
    http://abc7news.com/news/berkeley-va...rime-/2218932/
    Video at link with more detail.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nothing says anarchy like being a government employee.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post

I'd wager that he went over the line when he painted "kill cops"...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Nothing says anarchy like being a government employee.
    There are no other jobs for me at this pay rate. Plus the benefits are excellent.

The "hate crime" enhancement has been dropped. Very predictable considered the local government.

It appears the vandals were literally caught red (and pink) handed...

Footage aids Berkeley vandalism suspects’ arrest
    By George Kelly

BERKELEY — Two men are in custody after surveillance camera footage helped lead to their arrests last week with vandalism in connection with a neighborhood tire-slashing and spray-painting spree, according to authorities and court records.

Ismael Chamu, 21, and Peter Estrada, 21, were formally charged Monday with felony vandalism and misdemeanor possession of tools to commit vandalism, the Alameda County district attorney’s office said.
    Police found a total of 13 victims with spray-painted vehicles and gates, all in black paint with anti-police slogans, “Class war,” and the anarchist-A symbol.

Two hours later, just before 9 a.m., police responded to another vandalism report on the 2300 block of Prospect Street. On that block, about 600 feet away from Hillside, officers found 10 cars with slashed tires. Another call just after 11:15 a.m. yielded seven more vehicles with slashed tires in the 2400 block of Prospect. Those cars, found in a fraternity house parking lot, had anti-fraternity graffiti in black spray paint on them, police said.

Later that day, a university dormitory at Dana and Durant streets was found vandalized with red and pink spray-paint reading “Antifa,” as well as anti-police and anti-gentrification graffiti, and a white commercial van parked nearby had “Kill yuppies” sprayed in pink paint on it. Staff at the Clark Kerr Campus dorm also found black spray-painted graffiti reading “Kill the rich” and “eat the rich.”

In following days, businesses and property owners reported other similar red- and pink-painted graffiti in nearby blocks of Dwight Way and Dana and Ellsworth streets.

Berkeley police investigators’ work led them to the detention of two men initially found hiding behind a parked car around 3 a.m. June 28 in the 2300 block of Warring Street, near Hillside and Prospect.

At the time, officers were investigating a report of a hot-prowl burglary, police said. One man, Estrada, had black spray-paint cans and pink, red and black paint stains on his hands, while Chamu had pink and black paint stained hands and a paint-can lid in his pocket, police said.

Police, who were not aware of the other graffiti incidents at the time, took pictures of Chamu and Estrada, as well as black-spray-painted graffiti reading “Kill sexists” on a nearby building wall. Officers arrested Chamu for possession of a spring-blade knife, but he was not charged and was later released, while Estrada was detained and later released.
    Investigators’ review of surveillance cameras outside the UC dormitory at Dana and Durant streets yielded footage of two males spray-painting the commercial van and a street sign, as well as construction barriers, around 2:05 to 2:10 a.m. June 28. Officers were able to identify Chamu and Estrada, based on clothing, build and distinct features, police said.
    Both were booked into Berkeley City Jail on suspicion of possession of vandalism tools and vandalism causing over $400 in damage. They have a 9 a.m. plea hearing Tuesday at Oakland’s Rene C. Davidson Alameda County courthouse, according to county records.
    More: http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/07/...spects-arrest/

I'd be pissed too if my folks had named me Ismael....

The poor yoot din-do-nuttin' out of character, ya'll bees some rassis mofo's...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'd be pissed too if my folks had named me Ismael....

The poor yoot din-do-nuttin' out of character, ya'll bees some rassis mofo's...
    Funny how this article added a whole bunch of new graffiti phrases, and omitted the ones that identified people by race. Guess that makes the article both racist and politically correct.

Perhaps there will be some firings at the Police Department for them coming out and originally saying it was a hate crime. They really can't let the Police get away with that without accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Funny how this article added a whole bunch of new graffiti phrases, and omitted the ones that identified people by race. Guess that makes the article both racist and politically correct.

Perhaps there will be some firings at the Police Department for them coming out and originally saying it was a hate crime. They really can't let the Police get away with that without accountability.
    Mandatory diversity training for the kops and the yoot will settle out of court for the damage wrought upon his soul by the unclean....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Mandatory diversity training for the kops and the yoot will settle out of court for the damage wrought upon his soul by the unclean....
    Ah, so maybe they can force the officers responsible for the unfortunate PR to pay for the damages and apologize to the yoots? It's a win-win solution! /s

Militant Left-Wing Leader Yvette Felarca Arrested For Inciting Violence

And yup, she’s still a middle school teacher, even after being an avowed leader of a militant group

Yvette Felarca, 47, was taken into custody in Los Angeles on Tuesday on charges of inciting and participating in a riot, and assault likely to cause great bodily injury, the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office said Wednesday. The charges come after an eight-month investigation.