Thread: No, Young Kids Don't Need a Father

No, Young Kids Don't Need a Father

http://www.newser.com/story/245299/g...ids-alone.html

Jul 6, 2017 By Arden Dier

(NEWSER) – Ladies considering becoming single mothers may get a confidence boost from a new study out of the Netherlands, which has found no difference in the well-being of young children raised by women who chose to become pregnant without a partner and those from more traditional households. With fertility treatments for single women becoming increasingly common, Mathilde Brewaeys of the VU University Medical Center chose to study how children raised by 69 single mothers "by choice" differed from those raised by 59 mothers in heterosexual partnerships. But while there is an "assumption that growing up in a family without a father is not good for the child," Brewaeys found no evidence that is the case, according to a release.

Brewaeys says the assumption comes from research on kids of divorce, "who thus have experienced parental conflict. However, it seems likely that any negative influence on child development depends more on a troubled parent-child relationship and not on the absence of a father." That's based on questionnaires answered by moms—each with a child between 18 months and 6 years old—revealing no difference in child development, parent-child relationships, or parental stress based on family structure, per Romper. However, single mothers reported wanting and having a greater support network. Interestingly, a study out last month found children of single parents had lower levels of well-being and life satisfaction as adults. (This single mom dressed up like a dad.)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Care to comment or is this a drive by media dump?

Ever wonder why only 1/10 of your thread starts actually get a response?
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-13-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Care to comment or is this a drive by media dump?
    High value post.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    High value post.
    High value thread.

Do you have any personal response regarding this issue? Have you ever had any regarding any of your threads?

https://thefatherlessgeneration.word...om/statistics/

63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average.
    90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
    85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
    80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
    71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
    Father Factor in Education – Fatherless children are twice as likely to drop out of school.

Children with Fathers who are involved are 40% less likely to repeat a grade in school.
    Children with Fathers who are involved are 70% less likely to drop out of school.
    Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to get A’s in school.
    Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to enjoy school and engage in extracurricular activities.
    75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average.

But yeah, Eminem and Lebron James turned out great without fathers, so there's that or something.

Broken homes are an abomination.

My ole lady has a wonderful son. Grew him up all by herself. $#@! a bunch of statistics.

High value thread.

Do you have any personal response regarding this issue? Have you ever had any regarding any of your threads?
    I think you are confusing me with Zippy. If I were you I would step away from the keyboard and lay down for a while.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And if males weren't paying taxes (and child support) to support single moms...how would that work out?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I think you are confusing me with Zippy. If I were you I would step away from the keyboard and lay down for a while.
    I'm sorry did you have a point to make?

I know children can be raised to be decent human beings without a father. However, there ain't nothing wrong with having a father present in ones life. Is there any studies about how children do in a home without a mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I know children can be raised to be decent human beings without a father. However, there ain't nothing wrong with having a father present in ones life. Is there any studies about how children do in a home without a mother?
    I've found that in many cases uncles and grandfathers can fill the role. I'm sure aunt's and grandmothers could too. It's not the best but it can suffice.

They interviewed the mothers.

My sister was convinced everything was fine with her fatherless son, right up to the point where she found out he's a junkie.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    https://thefatherlessgeneration.word...om/statistics/

63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average.
    90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
    85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
    80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
    71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
    Father Factor in Education – Fatherless children are twice as likely to drop out of school.

Children with Fathers who are involved are 40% less likely to repeat a grade in school.
    Children with Fathers who are involved are 70% less likely to drop out of school.
    Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to get A’s in school.
    Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to enjoy school and engage in extracurricular activities.
    75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average.

But yeah, Eminem and Lebron James turned out great without fathers, so there's that or something.
    The survey was children who were all less than 7 years of age, so very few of these symptoms would be present.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It turns out surveying of single moms is not the best way to determine if fathers are necessary.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0718142938.htm

At the cellular level, a child's loss of a father is associated with increased stress

Date:July 18, 2017

Source:Princeton University

Summary: The absence of a father -- due to incarceration, death, separation or divorce -- has adverse physical and behavioral consequences for a growing child. But little is known about the biological processes that underlie this link between father loss and child well-being. In a new study, a team of researchers reports that the loss of a father has a significant adverse effect on telomeres, the protective nucleoprotein end caps of chromosomes.

Been working with my college age son while he is home. Pulled the transmission out of his Toyota 4Runner. A piece of the torque converter that goes into the engine broke. So a piece of cast was rattling around and grinding.
    Today he and I dug out a piece of our driveway that has deteriorated. We have so many rocks here!! We dug down about 4" sifted out the large rocks, put the large rocks back in the bottom of the hole. Then we tried a method of using the sifted dirt, mostly sand and gravel and added portland cement to it. Ended up being a pretty big project. Fixed an area 13 feet x 3 feet. For the cost of 2 bags of portland cement.
    He has been doing projects with me his entire life. Last summer we put a professional paint job on a 1969 Chevy C10.
    He wouldn't be the same kid had he not had me as a father. But all fathers are not created equal.
    Last edited by Schifference; 07-22-2017 at 04:06 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the father of the child is a narcissist, then growing up without the biological father is for the best.

Naturally having a father without a personality disorder is optimal, but that is not how the world works.

The same goes for narcissistic mothers too. It gives the child a chance not to adopt the same disorders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroberer View Post
    If the father of the child is a narcissist, then growing up without the biological father is for the best.

Naturally having a father without a personality disorder is optimal, but that is not how the world works.

The same goes for narcissistic mothers too. It gives the child a chance not to adopt the same disorders.
    Oh bull$#@!!

Every human exhibits narcissistic tendencies from time to time, just like every human exhibits depression from time to time.

Mental 'health' is subjective if it's anything and one persons thoughts should never be considered in a custody battle.

i agree with you

Alright girls, explain what you consider to be narcissistic behavior that would warrant ripping a man's child from his life?

Please, I'll wait.

I did not mean that anyone showing any degree of narcissistic traits shouldn't be a parent. You are right, everyone has selfish tendencies. It is who we are. I am referring to those who only use people as objects of manipulation. Those lacking empathy and the ability to distinguish between what is true and what is not. Nobody needs someone like that as a parent. I've seen the damage that does and am in the process of trying to help repair such damage (a child in the aforementioned age range).

I have quite a bit of personal experience with this and do not consider it bull$#@!. You can replace the father with another father figure, when the replacement does a better job.

I did not mean that anyone showing any degree of narcissistic traits shouldn't be a parent. You are right, everyone has selfish tendencies. It is who we are. I am referring to those who only use people as objects of manipulation. Those lacking empathy and the ability to distinguish between what is true and what is not. Nobody needs someone like that as a parent. I've seen the damage that does and am in the process of trying to help repair such damage (a child in the aforementioned age range).
    How do you determine the lack of empathy? How about psychopaths who only pretend to have one? How much empathy does HRC have? Are you a simpleton?

I have quite a bit of personal experience with this and do not consider it bull$#@!. You can replace the father with another father figure, when the replacement does a better job.
    I'm currently dealing with a similar situation in reverse.

Only thing is I'll not ever try to replace my son's mother with another. She's his mother come hell or high water and she'll be the one who has to deal with the behavior she exhibits.

I can, single-handedly, set an example of proper parenting.

If I decide to enter into another romantic relationship while my child is still a minor it will be for my benefit and not his, and this will be understood by everyone going in.

He's been exposed to the revolving door of wallets attached to dicks for years now and that behavior can only be countermanded by proper social behavior on my part.

So....................From my point of view replacing either parent is bull$#@! and I believe detrimental to the child's mental health.

Phill talked about using fathers/uncles or brothers as role models, and that I can see during the formative years but bringing in a lover to try and fill the role of the other parent is something completely different, something only a true narcissist would do.

Furthermore.........

Many women consider themselves to be one with the child, when the man repudiates her behavior she automatically assumes he's repudiating the child too.

And why shouldn't she? She's been taught that the child is hers to wield like a weapon if she so chooses, her ticket to financial security. With she and the child as one she can behave any way she likes and suffer no immediate effects.

Some women behave differently but these women tend to be both intelligent and mature and seldom have relationship problems that would cause familial breakdown...

Whether you're XX or XY kids are serious business, your legacy to the world, if you $#@!-up and have them with the wrong person you owe it to your child to be the very best parent you can. Don't try to replace their bad parent, that only teaches that people are replaceable. Place your child above your own desires and show them how a responsible parent behaves.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My ole lady has a wonderful son. Grew him up all by herself. $#@! a bunch of statistics.
    Stats are not assurances. Your lady's son fell into the positive side. So did I. Doesn't invalidate anything though.