Thread: Kentucky and time zones

Kentucky and time zones

Why is Kentucky in two time zones?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It really sucks.... on Rand's campaign I was based in a county that was on the eastern time zone but the markings weren't clear and I had no idea what time it was a good portion of the day.

And it is really stupid because Nashville and Louisville are not that far apart longitudinally (less than 20 miles) but Louisville is in ET and Nashville is in CT. So if you go directly north on I-65 you cross time zones... really frusterating.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I promise to start another thread, soon.

Tennessee also has two time zones.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Indiana too. This is worse than anybody could imagine and they keep fiddling with it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It really sucks.... on Rand's campaign I was based in a county that was on the eastern time zone but the markings weren't clear and I had no idea what time it was a good portion of the day.

And it is really stupid because Nashville and Louisville are not that far apart longitudinally (less than 20 miles) but Louisville is in ET and Nashville is in CT. So if you go directly north on I-65 you cross time zones... really frusterating.
    And don't get me started on Indiana. I-65 runs almost due north and south from the gulf to the lake. I think it is that Tennessee and Kentucky are longer than they are tall. Alabama (ct) and Indiana (et) are tall and thin.
    #NashvilleStrong

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would drive south through Louisville to E Town , stop eat breakfast , head South and get to Mammoth Cave same time I ate breakfast .
    Do something Danke

In 1985 I had New Years Eve in Indiana and then again in West Germany .
    Do something Danke

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

why would someone one star this thread ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    In 1985 I had New Years Eve in Indiana and then again in West Germany .
    I had the same day twice. Flying home from Australia I left on a Friday morning- flew for sixteen hours- and arrived in LA on Friday morning again. I have also been in two hemispheres at once- standing across the Prime Meridian in Greenwich England. They had a "half" time zone in Australia where I only had to change my watch by half an hour instead of a full one. Only the southern part uses Daylight Savings Time which confuses it even more.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-13-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    why would someone one star this thread ?
    They must really hate time zones.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If you think Ken tah ten should have two time zones just say so .

Texas is all in Central time....
    #NashvilleStrong

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Texas

Texas is almost entirely in the Central Time Zone.

Some areas are in the Mountain Time Zone:

Hudspeth County
    El Paso County
    parts of Culberson County
    Pine Springs
    Nickel Creek

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I would not really count El Paso county as america , if so it was surely an oversight .