Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Proposal to create our own professional News Broadcast

We need a news format

We need to take back the news for now a newsreader can dispense our message next will be a contest for the street reporters and investigative journalists.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chernitsky View Post
    Liv can be the anchorwoman
    i would totally support her if she's up for it. there has got to be some competition around though

All should be free to post

I would like to see her work in the capacity of a newsreader. All should be free to enter then we really decide.

Love the idea... I've been thinking along these lines for some time now. As far as content, there's no shortage of amazing content out there. The hard part's just packaging it and making a coherent presentation out of it. And the really hard part is putting the organization together and being competitive with the MSM. There's a lot of great alternative press out there that hardly anyone sees. In fact, the MSM's greatest sin is the news they deliberately omit.

The big question to tackle first: Any news reporting will contain bias, even with best efforts to be as fair as possible, you still have to decide what news to include (and what to exclude). So the first thing to decide is what will the focus and mission be of this new news organization?

I have a citizen's journalist site in the link in my signature, you can submit any article video or picture album you like, so long as it's not copyrighted and original.

My site is down until 9 a.m. tomorrow though due to a server upgrade at my provider.

It's not well developed at the moment to be honest, it still needs quite a bit of work, but it's getting there.

if you have an article to submit, you can email it to editor@thecitizensperspective.com and ill format and publish it, be sure to include a by line so ill know who to credit.

Submissions aren't censored, but they can be edited for spelling as well as fact checked. Not all submissions are published as they have to meet a certain quality to make the cut.
    http://www.thecitizensperspective.com/

My citizen's news source in progress. Feel free to click the link and submit a story for publication.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    Love the idea... I've been thinking along these lines for some time now. As far as content, there's no shortage of amazing content out there. The hard part's just packaging it and making a coherent presentation out of it. And the really hard part is putting the organization together and being competitive with the MSM. There's a lot of great alternative press out there that hardly anyone sees. In fact, the MSM's greatest sin is the news they deliberately omit.

The big question to tackle first: Any news reporting will contain bias, even with best efforts to be as fair as possible, you still have to decide what news to include (and what to exclude). So the first thing to decide is what will the focus and mission be of this new news organization?
    above all the news organization should report the whole truth wether we like it or not in terms of facts.

For now focus on Ron Paul

The truth will be told about all topics at hand but we have to push hard for our leaders to tell the truth and Ron Paul is our only hope for right now. As the outlet unfolds we will cover more topics but for right now this should be considered a Ron Paul news brief with mass appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimbri View Post
    In my opinion our reliance on an politically entrenched and corrupt media is shortsighted we need to BECOME THE NEW MEDIA.
    Great minds think alike y'all.

I had the same idea a few days ago after becoming sick of all the prejudicial coverage.
    I thought like, "we need a new press" to counteract the MSM's bias towards Dr Paul.

I did a search for a few domain names, and found that "NewPress.tv" was available.
    And so, partly in honor of Larry's (llepard) mention of a "New Gutenberg Press" (Gutenberg 2.0), I bought it.

Domain Name: NEWPRESS.TV

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Name Server: NS2.THEORDEROFMELCHIZEDEK.ORG
    Name Server: NS.THEORDEROFMELCHIZEDEK.ORG

Updated Date: 08-dec-2007
    Creation Date: 07-dec-2007
    Expiration Date: 07-dec-2008

I knew it was an idea that I'd have a hard time doing all by myself,
    but that's never stopped me before from at least trying.

It's a beautiful thing to me to see that so many are as frustrated as I am,
    and recognize that we need to "step it up" another level or two to fight for
    fair media coverage, even if we have to do it ourselves.

I want to have a New Press, using, for a beginning, the Gutenberg Press of our time, the Internet.
    And, even going beyond the Internet perhaps, as the idea progresses, to an actual TV network.

The "Old Press" has ignored us and Dr Paul. Let's beat them at their own game with a "New Press".
    Last edited by Mark; 12-11-2007 at 08:11 AM.

we have a theme and domain now so whats the next step?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hasan View Post
    we have a theme and domain now so whats the next step?

Now you need a CMS and a pro designer.
    http://www.thecitizensperspective.com/

My citizen's news source in progress. Feel free to click the link and submit a story for publication.

Warning, don't watch this political satire if easily offended by words or images, which doesn't pull any punches.LOL
    sorry if off topic, I think an entire new communication network is needed. a peoples net of EMP shielded computers linked togeather as all servers and that can communicate to each other by means of wire,optics, wifi, and all sorts of radio links, and that are powered by solar and other technologies and are weatherproof to establish a super encrypted web that can't be shut down.IMO.

http://www.fknnewz.com/fkn/fkn-newz.html

Last edited by Man from La Mancha; 12-11-2007 at 01:44 AM.

we could use a chrismatthews

We have lot's of sites but not enough focus

We need a clear presentation that should be our prime concern.

We have a BIG Venture Capitalist on the board, and if he wanted to,
    I'm sure he could provide direction in terms of how to proceed
    in obtaining financing, Corporate structure, personal ect.

We need to form a business plan/model and presentation ect and submit it to him for consideration.

http://www.geocapital.com/geo/geoteam_02b.asp

Lawrence W. Lepard Managing General Partner

Larry joined Geocapital as a General Partner in 1992.

Prior to joining the firm,
    Larry was a Partner at Summit Ventures and was responsible for opening Summit's West Coast office.

He also served as Chief Financial Officer of Calay Systems
    and as an Investment Associate at Continental Illinois Venture Corporation,
    a subsidiary of Continental Illinois Bank & Trust.

Larry began his business career as a Financial Analyst
    with the Mergers and Acquisitions group at Smith Barney, Harris Upham & Co.

He has served on the Boards of Directors of numerous public and private information technology based firms
    and is presently a Director of several privately held companies.

Larry received a B.A. with Honors in Economics from Colgate University
    and an M.B.A. with Distinction from Harvard Business School.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-11-2007 at 01:58 AM.

I like your direction with this Mark

I really think we need a face on this venture first that will seal the deal so the media can see our best talking head is better than them in substance and style.

Some of us are good with ideas others finance we need all the people we can get to join us in developing this idea. We need to keep our primary focus right now on the news format that viewers have become accustomed to in order to create a stable news outlet.

Llepard's listed in this directory somewhere I believe.

http://www.pseps.com/

"The world's largest open venture capital and private equity directory."

Money's available to do this if we're professional enough and have a valid business model.

We need qualified people to produce whatever it takes in terms of a business model to submit to venture capitalists in order to obtain startup capital.

I do web design/ web development and I'd be glad to help. I think this is a great idea! I did www.ronpaulblimp.com www.ronpaulradio.com and www.ronpaulportal.info

Let me know what I can do

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimbri View Post
    I really think we need a face on this venture first that will seal the deal so the media can see our best talking head is better than them in substance and style.

Some of us are good with ideas others finance we need all the people we can get to join us in developing this idea. We need to keep our primary focus right now on the news format that viewers have become accustomed to in order to create a stable news outlet.
    There has to be "Business Majors" in the grassroots who know how to form and present ideas to venture capitalists.

I know that in my far past Industrial Eng training that there are steps to take in identifying problems and forming ideas for solutions.

Like:

Identify the problem: Media Bias
    Formulate Solution: Create a new outlet for Media dispersion.
    Formulate Method: Create a business model, design a presentation, submit for consideration.
    Implement Solution: Create a new news network containing written and visual delivery methods.

It just takes some brainstorming, finding the people with the qualifications to present the idea professionally,
    obtaining the Capital to implement the idea, then implementing it.

For a long time now I'd been thinking that we should be dumping all our money into forming our own temporary channel.

It's definitely something I'd donate to.

I truly believe llepard would mentor us in doing this. His experience goes WAY beyond just venture capital. "autobytel.com" ring a bell ?
    He's got a hand in it. There's no telling what all he knows and can do.

Read what he wrote about his USA Today ad and Dr Paul. He's our "ace in the hole" in this campaign.

If he wants to do something, it'll be done. If we can get him behind this idea, it'll get done if we all work hard enough.

Why I Support Ron Paul by Lawrence W. Lepard

"I recently spent a significant sum of money running a full-page advertisement in USA Today
    supporting the candidacy of Ron Paul for President of the United States.
    Several people have asked me why I did it, so I have decided to explain my reasoning."
    (more at link)
    Last edited by Mark; 12-11-2007 at 02:42 AM.

NewPress.tv ~ First Page

I just uploaded the inaugural NewPress.tv site in honor of llepard. It's simply his article, but a start nonetheless.

Last edited by Mark; 12-11-2007 at 03:17 AM.

The good thing is we can report from pretty much everywhere since this grassroots following is so huge. Hell, we even have some foreigners here.

What about delivering news on Public Access? Forgive me if this was already mentioned. I don't want to read 6 pages of threads to figure it out.

Another thing I was thinking would be cool is if we ran www.ronpauldvd.com on Public Access across the nation. P.A. is generally pretty cheap if I recall, altho I've never done it.

The object would be to create a news source that would compete with Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN.

Great idea! I would love to see more of Ron Paul in a news-oriented channel.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by literatim View Post
    The object would be to create a news source that would compete with Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN.
    The reason why these networks are so popular is because they've switched to an infotainment model. Emotionally charged reporting, and focus more on presenting information in a way that leads you to take one position or another rather than just laying it all on the table. America has become so dependent on this model that we've all developed very short attention spans. If it doesn't stimulate a sense of excitement, the majority will change the channel until they find American Idol, O'Reilly, Countdown, or some other over-hyped show. You'd have a very hard time competing these days.

Maybe we can take over the ABC news channel. Nobody watches it anyway...

I think it would have to be done like TMZ -- vigorous and without mercy. Real news shows everyone naked. There would need to be groups in every state in the country who are paying close attention to their local current events, who could report those events immediately. The internet has helped TMZ become the leading "news" source for entertainment, because, like wiki -- anyone can submit a "story" (usually in the form of a video) to TMZ and it becomes entertainment news. I think that in order for this to work at all, let alone catch on to the point of counter balancing the main stream media, we'd have to follow the TMZ model.
    O.B.A.M.A. = One Big Ass Mistake, America

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast