Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposal to create our own professional News Broadcast

Lightbulb Proposal to create our own professional News Broadcast

In light of the media bias so obviously being perpetrated against Ron Paul and his message of freedom, I propose we create a competitor to the MSM. Since our ideals are to strong to be compromised we can't play the juvenile games of gossip and intrigue they do. Publicity stunts can no longer be relied on time is to short. We can make a polished presentable news format to educate and inform the masses and also garner a loyal fan base that rivals that of the MSM.

We have allowed ourselves to be led by the media for far to long we wait with bated breath hoping they will mention Ron Paul no matter how hard we work they discount us. All of this effort is in vain we need to bring a new venue to the people a free forum for the exploration of topics the media would prefer to ignore. We all know we can get millions of hits on Youtube for Ron Paul but the message is not being packaged and refined like the media does for their chosen candidates. The basic cable channels like CNN, MSNBC and Fox only get about a quarter of a million viewers on average. We can beat them at their own game and generate more attention and ad revenues then they do, since the only principles they seem to uphold is loyalty to the corporation and profits over the constitution we have to impress them with our ability to enter their turf and dominate them. We need to provide a concise repository of independent analysis for the people to consider without the corporate censors regulating the information they are allowed to consider.

Since one tactic the media uses to gain viewers is to utilize beautiful women I propose we see if the Ron Paul girl would be interested in becoming a commentator. A writing staff that has a focus on current events and politics with direct bearing on the lives of Americans will also be necessary. Then we will need well respected members of the print media and the blogs to round out a forum of varied and well educated contributors and political analysts to appear on the broadcast. Another aspect we need to cover is to have reporters in the field asking members of the public their opinions on topics ranging the full political spectrum. These reporters will also have to focus on the problems that have a real impact on the people such as the economy and other livelihood concerns from an open point of view not from the perspective of the elites protecting their interests. We will also need hard hitting investigative pieces to be aired as part of the news program appealing to a diverse viewing audience without just pandering to fear and superficial concerns. All of this will need to be updated on a daily basis in order to maintain a comparison with and direct contrast to the MSM and it's daily propaganda they force feed us. A graphics team will also be needed to make the presentation of the channel compatible with the expectations of the public for reputable well produced news.

In my opinion our reliance on an politically entrenched and corrupt media is shortsighted we need to BECOME THE NEW MEDIA.
    Last edited by Cimbri; 12-11-2007 at 02:07 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    how do you propse we go about setting up such a channel?

A youtube channel maybe, as a starting point.

First we need a production team

We can use the Torrents at first and Youtube but my hope is that we can submit our newscasts to the broadcast networks and other media outlets such as reuters as citizen journalists. We have to storm the gates from every angle possible.

a youtube channel is a good start. as for submitting newscasts that is also possible. how would we determine what news is actually news worthy?

Maybe you can do a show on Ron Paul Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimbri View Post
    In light of the media bias so obviously being perpetrated against Ron Paul and his message of freedom, I propose we create a competitor to the MSM. Since our ideals are to strong to be compromised we can't play the juvenile games of gossip and intrigue they do. Publicity stunts can no longer be relied on time is to short. We can make a polished presentable news format to educate and inform the masses and also garner a loyal fan base that rivals that of the MSM.

We have allowed ourselves to be led by the media for far to long we wait with bated breath hoping they will mention Ron Paul no matter how hard we work they discount us. All of this effort is in vein we need to bring a new venue to the people a free forum for the exploration of topics the media would prefer to ignore. We all know we can get millions of hits on Youtube for Ron Paul but the message is not being packaged and refined like the media does for their chosen candidates. The basic cable channels like CNN, MSNBC and Fox only get about a quarter of a million viewers on average. We can beat them at their own game and generate more attention and ad revenues then they do, since the only principles they seem to uphold is loyalty to the corporation and profits over the constitution we have to impress them with our ability to enter their turf and dominate them. We need to provide a concise repository of independent analysis for the people to consider without the corporate censors regulating the information they are allowed to consider.

Since one tactic the media uses to gain viewers is to utilize beautiful women I propose we see if the Ron Paul girl would be interested in becoming a commentator. A writing staff that has a focus on current events and politics with direct bearing on the lives of Americans will also be necessary. Then we will need well respected members of the print media and the blogs to round out a forum of varied and well educated contributors and political analysts to appear on the broadcast. Another aspect we need to cover is to have reporters in the field asking members of the public their opinions on topics ranging the full political spectrum. These reporters will also have to focus on the problems that have a real impact on the people such as the economy and other livelihood concerns from an open point of view not from the perspective of the elites protecting their interests. We will also need hard hitting investigative pieces to be aired as part of the news program appealing to a diverse viewing audience without just pandering to fear and superficial concerns. All of this will need to be updated on a daily basis in order to maintain a comparison with and direct contrast to the MSM and it's daily propaganda they force feed us. A graphics team will also be needed to make the presentation of the channel compatible with the expectations of the public for reputable well produced news.

In my opinion our reliance on an politically entrenched and corrupt media is shortsighted we need to BECOME THE NEW MEDIA.

http://www.cablemaven.com/

"Got An Idea For A Network?

Want To Know How To Get It Off The Ground?

…And How Much It Will Cost?

Then This Is The Website For You!!!"

Funny. I was thinking the exact same thing recently. Set up a truly independent news show within a Liberty minded network. Im sure we have the resources.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hasan View Post
    how do you propse we go about setting up such a channel?
    There are already some very high quality journalists who have done this at The Real News. I highly recommend them. They are user supported and take no government subsidies and no advertising.

Great recommendation

Let's get beyond the media control and take our country back.

You can have your own cable news network for a Billion $.

Go get rich then lets talk.

Quote Originally Posted by jonahtrainer View Post
    There are already some very high quality journalists who have done this at The Real News. I highly recommend them. They are user supported and take no government subsidies and no advertising.
    that's a pretty good website

Quote Originally Posted by jonahtrainer View Post
    The Real News is biased… I found a few articles on Digg a while back and I'm trying to look for them. Anyway, it's backed by two globalist oriented foundations who, among other things, push global warming propaganda as a political tool.
    Last edited by yoshimaroka; 12-10-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Sorry to say "The Real News" looks very "leftist"

We The People need to produce news content that can be distributed to all major news feeds. I did not propose a cable or OTA company I am pushing for a decentralized news source that gets the message out in every way possible.

We The People need to produce news content that can be distributed to all major news feeds. I did not propose a cable or OTA company I am pushing for a decentralized news source that gets the message out in every way possible.
    sort of like digg but with a theme, video based and more professional?

We need investigative journalists. I will pay my cable bill per month for someone's salary to do this. The only way we can prove anything is with investigation, or else people will always accuse us of only being conspiracy theorists. There are more scandals going on than the watergate years, yet the media remains reticent.

We may want to set up 2 with slightly different nuances.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Digg is only a stepping stone

Digg is a bunch of followers we have proven we can lead we need to take that responsibility seriously. As we have seen we have outgrown Digg our message is more powerful then the trivial affairs they seek to focus on. We have the force of conviction that has already proven to the Digg members that we far exceed their control we need to free ourselves of any limitations and focus our message like a laser and show all the people of America the light.

I'm up for it, though to be quite honest I have all my hair, therefore I cannot be taken seriously when it comes to reporting news.

im up for it as well. but we need to have a concrete idea of what we are going to do and how we are going to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulitics View Post
    We need investigative journalists. I will pay my cable bill per month for someone's salary to do this. The only way we can prove anything is with investigation, or else people will always accuse us of only being conspiracy theorists. There are more scandals going on than the watergate years, yet the media remains reticent.

We may want to set up 2 with slightly different nuances.

This is the bottom line. News costs money.

I do agree that the Real News does have some bias in it because all news passes through at least the filter of the journalist, editor, etc. However, they have been the best general news channel I have found so far ..... I am always open to better options though.

i say if we really want to do this start from the internet which is the most cost effective way. then we might want to go towards either the print media or tv once we have enough credibility. the process will take some time. it is however a good investment

I was planning on buying a digital camcorder just for this reason. It would be a powerful message if dozens, if not hundreds of people report on Ron Paul and why they agree with him.

Im in. I have been actually thinking about this alot lately.

To the poster above. Yes, it would be great to show Ron support, but I was also looking along the lines of this being a sustained establishment that broke through media bias and shed truth on subjects.

As to finances. I dont think the start-up cost would be that big, and there are plenty of ways to generate revenue via the internet.
    Last edited by Minuteman; 12-11-2007 at 12:23 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I very much like the sound of this news network/organization. I think we could just upload our content to multiple privately owned servers and broadcast reports/segments according to a regular schedule. We could also have viewer selectable reports/segments available on demand once they have been broadcast in the schedule. Something that would be awesome is if we could keep commercials out of the content all together unless someone chooses to see advertising and we could charge advertisers on a per view basis, rather than forcing viewers to mute the marketing while waiting to watch what they came to see. I'm not a big techy but I know it cost money. I think that if we get a plan together and get some content we could pitch it to the forums and get the money. The first thing is to hash out content delivery methods. The second thing, which may be interchangeable with the first thing is to get some content put together.

I use to work for Indymedia. It is pretty much a decentralized news organization with units all around the country. Each unit pretty much answers to no one. They just make their own shows pretty much. If a video network was made in this fashion, with a decentralized organization at its focus, it could be pretty powerful.

Each person could report where they are. If there are enough people, there could be a reporter everywhere on earth.

Why don't we get ambitious and try and get a 24/7 news network off the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by literatim View Post
    Why don't we get ambitious and try and get a 24/7 news network off the ground?
    that would simply take a lot of funding and professional personell. two things we don't have an abundance of right now.

Lightbulb We need a ANCHORMAN / ANCHORWOMAN Newsreader contest

We need a ANCHORMAN / ANCHORWOMAN Newsreader contest

In light of personality being key to effective media management and presentation we need a ANCHORMAN / ANCHORWOMAN Newsreader with the most viable image and presentation skill.

The contest should be as follows to make a 1 minute Newscast and post it on Youtube reporting on Ron Paul news and world events.

Then a poll should be held in 1 week as to decide the winner.

Make this a message to the media that the Revolution will be televised!
    Last edited by Cimbri; 12-11-2007 at 01:10 AM.

We need a ANCHORMAN / ANCHORWOMAN Newsreader contest

In light of personality being key to effective media managment and presentation we need a ANCHORMAN / ANCHORWOMAN Newsreader with the most viable image and presentation skill.

The contest should be as follows to make a 1 minute Newscast and post it on Youtube reporting on Ron Paul news and world events.

Then a poll should be held in 1 week as to decide the winner.

Make this a message to the media that the Revolution will be televised!
    that's a starter. video submissions can then be presented to the anchorman/anchorwoman along with an abstract on the topic. the anchorman/woman can then present it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast