Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kid Rock to run for Senate (MI)?

Kid Rock to run for Senate (MI)?

https://www.kidrockforsenate.com/

well that could be entertaining

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think The Rock is also thinking about running for POTUS. Only if we can now get Chris Rock to also run for something, we could have 3 rocks running for office. Talk about comedy gold

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I guess by voting in a pair of rocks will be TPTB's way to give Washington a pair of balls?

Mike Rowe/Kid Rock 2020

Another Rock also suggested as candidate: http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...filed-with-fec

'Run the Rock 2020' forms to draft Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson for president

A campaign committee has formally filed to draft actor and former WWE wrestler Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson for president.

“Run the Rock 2020,” the name of the official organization, was filed on behalf of Johnson with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) on Sunday, according to FEC records.

The paperwork was filed by a man named Kenton Tilford under a West Virginia address. Tilford's connection to Johnson and his motivation for filing the organization is not clear.
    Johnson has long joked about a White House bid, playing a buff Obama on "Saturday Night Live" and standing in front of podium labeled “The Rock Johnson 2020” on the show in May. But he revealed earlier this year that his run is “a real possibility.”

In an interview with GQ in May, he spoke about how he would take on Trump’s policies, adding that he would like to see better leadership, responsibility and “poise” from the Oval Office.

The actor spoke at the Republican National Convention in 2000 and attended the Democratic National Convention the same year. He has said that he is registered as an Independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    WTF, oh well I guess if a famous person said "if I just worked that much harder(and I am guess don't complain) and paid my taxes, I would be able to easily understand the laws, tax code, healthcare and anything else", it must be true.

I am not sure if you are posting this quote to mock him or praise him but this is about the most idiotic quotes I have ever read on the internet about politics. For one, it is not true and it sets you up to be taken advantage off by govt. bureaucrats.

Idiocracy is upon us.

And that's sad. But really, how much worse could it get?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Idiocracy is upon us.

And that's sad. But really, how much worse could it get?
    Much worse.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/esse...htmlstory.html

Caitlyn Jenner considering a bid for U.S. Senate in California

Caitlyn Jenner, the Olympic gold medalist, reality show star and transgender activist, is weighing a run for the U.S. Senate representing California.

“I have considered it. I like the political side of it,” Jenner said in a radio interview with New York’s AM 970 that aired Sunday, adding that she planned to make a decision within the next six months or so.

“I gotta find out where I can do a better job,” she said. “Can I do a better job from the outside, kind of working the perimeter of the political scene, being open to talk to anybody? Or are you better off from the inside, and we are in the process of determining that.”

Jenner has been in the spotlight for decades – first as Bruce, an Olympic athlete and the long-suffering husband and father in the Kardashian reality television empire, and then as the activist who transitioned to Caitlyn in 2015, becoming one of the most famous transgender voices in the world.

The Malibu resident is a lifelong Republican. The next opportunity to run for Senate will be in 2018, when Democrat Dianne Feinstein is up for reelection. Feinstein, 84, has not yet said if she will run again. No prominent Republican candidate has publicly announced interest in the seat.

Jenner, 67, is a supporter of President Trump, which would likely be an issue in a state the president lost by more than 4 million votes. But Jenner has clashed with Trump over transgender bathroom policy, and has been working to make the Republican Party more inclusive to the LGBTQ community.

In the interview, she said she had plans to meet with Nikki Haley, the United States’ ambassador to the United Nations, to discuss the international ramifications for being involved with the LGBTQ community.

“I hope to change the perception of the Republican Party and make it the party of equality,” she said, adding that she believes the GOP would be unstoppable if it kept its small-government, fiscally conservative values while being more accepting of people who have not traditionally been part of the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Much worse.
    I blame Minnesota. Franken and Ventura.

I now believe America is in such a state that any celebrity could win office with the campaign slogan, "really, how much worse could I be?"
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    CALExit. Is our only hope.

Feinstein might be better than BRUCE Jenner, No Republican can win in the DPRKalifornia.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    WTF, oh well I guess if a famous person said "if I just worked that much harder(and I am guess don't complain) and paid my taxes, I would be able to easily understand the laws, tax code, healthcare and anything else", it must be true.

I am not sure if you are posting this quote to mock him or praise him but this is about the most idiotic quotes I have ever read on the internet about politics. For one, it is not true and it sets you up to be taken advantage off by govt. bureaucrats.
    Regardless of how much or even if you pay taxes, should not the rules, codes, edicts, mandates, fatwas, decrees, statutes, ordinances, regulations and laws we are are demanded, with increasing violence, to comply with every day, be written in such a way as to be concise, clear, short and easily understood?

Or do you prefer 87,000 pages of just federal regulations?

Regardless of how much or even if you pay taxes, should not the rules, codes, edicts, mandates, fatwas, decrees, statutes, ordinances, regulations and laws we are are demanded, with increasing violence, to comply with every day, be written in such a way as to be concise, clear, short and easily understood?

So were you mocking him, highlighting the quote as a positive or why exactly did you post that quote? cos I was under the impression that it was to mock him.

Please i need a clarification before I can proceed.

So were you mocking him, highlighting the quote as a positive or why exactly did you post that quote? cos I was under the impression that it was to mock him.

Please i need a clarification before I can proceed.
    No, I wasn't mocking him, I agree with the basic premise, however clumsily he worded it.

$#@!, if this shouldn't get a +rep, and thank God I've got it to give.

The singular fact that for most it requires hours of unproductive time or the actual expenditure of ones fortune to calculate is abhorrent to a free people.

How did I become an agorist? I wish it was over firmly held beliefs. It is now but it wasn't how it started. It started after leaving my last employer 7 or so years ago. I tried to file. It was an online company that was free for an EZ but cost $15 for state. How much more EZ can it get than being unemployed for a year. But, every time I punched in $0 I was told I couldn't file an EZ and it would cost me. So, I just quit filing. Done with it. It made living with the political ramifications of this countries government more palatable to me.

I prefer that the laws be concise, simple and easy to understand but what does any of this got to do with the Kid Rock quote you posted above? In that quote, he is not saying any such thing. In that post, he is actually saying to the citizens that only if they worked harder and paid their taxes, the convoluted and complex govt laws would appear easier to understand which is not true. It only gets easier to understand when it is not written by govt lawyer for other govt lawyer to understand.

This to me is a dangerous idea that anyone who knows the evils of govt should reject. Working hard and paying more of your money to govt coffers has no correlation with understanding the gobbledygook they call bureaucratic speak.

I also think its high time we start taking these politicians at their word instead of projecting in them the ideas we wish they supported. They are telling us in plain English what they expect us mundanes to do and that is to shut and work out butts off in order to feed the state.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's not what he was trying to say though. He worded it kinda goofy but he was saying, people work hard and try to do the right thing but the tax code and laws don't make sense to the average person.

I prefer that the laws be concise, simple and easy to understand but what does any of this got to do with the Kid Rock quote you posted above? In that quote, he is not saying any such thing. In that post, he is actually saying to the citizens that only if they worked harder and paid their taxes, the convoluted and complex govt laws would appear easier to understand which is not true. It only gets easier to understand when it is not written by govt lawyer for other govt lawyer to understand.
    You're reading it all wrong.

He is saying that government should not be so complex, obtuse and voluminous that average ordinary people cannot understand any of it.

Way too much to copypasta...

Senator Kid Rock. Don’t Laugh.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...nalysis-215408

Consensus formed at warp speed that Kid Rock’s possible U.S. Senate bid shouldn’t be taken seriously. That’s a huge mistake.

By Tim Alberta and Zack Stanton
    |
    July 23, 2017

<snip>

...Kid Rock’s candidacy for U.S. Senate will be the manifestation of the left’s nightmare about what Trump’s election has wrought—and a fulfilment of unwitting attempts at humor. When Zach Galifinakis interviewed Hillary Clinton on “Between Two Ferns” during the 2016 campaign, he asked, “When [Trump] is elected president and Kid Rock becomes secretary of state, are you going to move to Canada?”

If that feels eerie, consider that in the music video for his 2001 single, “You Never Met a Motherfucker Quite Like Me,” Ritchie opens a newspaper with an all-caps front page headline: “KID ROCK NEGOTIATES PEACE AGREEMENT.”

He then tosses the paper aside with a smirk on his face.

Nobody should be laughing now.

He is saying that government should not be so complex, obtuse and voluminous that average ordinary people cannot understand any of it.
    Take the quote and show it to someone who is not familiar with the author or situation and ask them what they think the quote means. They would agree with my interpretation and not yours.

You are reading his quote with a preconceived expectation of what an anti establishment, down to earth, normal, pro liberty guy is supposed to say.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin
    Take the quote and show it to someone who is not familiar with the author or situation and ask them what they think the quote means. They would agree with my interpretation and not yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin
    You are reading his quote with a preconceived expectation of what an anti establishment, down to earth, normal, pro liberty guy is supposed to say.
    I think you're totally missing it.

He is saying that everything about government is a bunch of complicated bull$#@!. And if you are a hardworking, tax-paying individual (i.e., the average American), then lawmakers owe us simple and easy-to-understand rules and regs.

Of course, it would be better to my ears to say "We don't need no stinkin government!!" but he'll never get elected saying stuff like that.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 07-23-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

I have shown it to others.

They took it the same way I did.

Maybe your English to Nigerian isn't all that great.

Nonsense. You are over-analyzing this in order to find what you are looking for.

The phrase "should be able" in Kid Rock's statement is clearly intended in a normative sense (the way AF is reading it - i.e., as what ought to be the case, but is currently not the case), not a positive sense (the way you are reading it - i.e., as what is currently the case). Anyone capable of grasping colloquial American English "should be able" to understand this. Insisting upon the latter interpretation is just bizarre.

The typical "man on the street" would understand it in just the way AF has described it.

ETA: It's like saying, "I believe if you work your butt off and pay taxes, you should be able to decide how those taxes are spent." Someone who says this does NOT mean that people do in fact get to decide how their taxes are spent (and that if they don't get to decide, then it is somehow their fault because they didn't work their butts off enough). Exactly the same thing goes for the quote by Kid Rock.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-23-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I think part of the misinterpretation is because he seems to be implying:

if you're a hard-working, taxpaying American then you deserve easy-to-understand laws and tax code.
    if you're a dead-beat slacker or a welfare tick, then you get the insanely complicated sh!t

lol
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have shown it to others.

They took it the same way I did.

Maybe your English to Nigerian isn't all that great.
    You would think that but I rarely do English to Igbo(my Nigerian language) conversions on idea that I did not have as a child growing up. I still have the rare occurrence where an idea would come into my head in Igbo and I mistranslate it to English but that wasn't the case this time. With that sentence, I made the mistake of placing the burden of understanding the law on the citizen instead of on the govt that is making the law like Kid Rock must have originally intended it to be.

I originally understood it as Kid Rock saying to the citizens that if only they followed the rules and paid their taxes, the law wouldn't be so complicated. Stating it differently, the reason why you people don't understand the law is because you are not working hard enough and/or maybe trying to cheat Uncle Sam and that is the reason why the law doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Nonsense. You are over-analyzing this in order to find what you are looking for.

The phrase "should be able" in Kid Rock's statement is clearly intended in a normative sense (the way AF is reading it - i.e., as what ought to be the case, but is currently not the case), not a positive sense (the way you are reading it - i.e., as what is currently the case). Anyone capable of grasping colloquial American English "should be able" to understand this. Insisting upon the latter interpretation is just bizarre.

The typical "man on the street" would understand it in just the way AF has described it.

ETA: It's like saying, "I believe if you work your butt off and pay taxes, you should be able to decide how those taxes are spent." Someone who says this does NOT mean that people do in fact get to decide how their taxes are spent (and that if they don't get to decide, then it is somehow their fault because they didn't work their butts off enough). Exactly the same thing goes for the quote by Kid Rock.
    Ok, I see it now. It is sort of the way a lib would say "if you work 40 hrs a week, you should be able to earn a living wage" meaning that the employer should be able to pay you enough if you put in the time. In kid Rock's case, the tax paying, hardworking citizen is the 40 hr per week worker and employer is the govt./bureaucrats.

This is sort of the way the phrase

"You can't have your cake and eat it too" instead of

"You can't eat your cake and have it"

Used to confuse the hell out of me when I first heard an American say it that way. I mean, why can't you have your cake and then eat it? In fact, the only way I eat anything is that I first have it . American colloquial English is so darn hard silly. Now that I understand how he was using the "supposed to" in the quote, I can see what he was trying to say but I wouldn't have phrased it that way had I been the one talking.

My AESL has failed me again, mea culpa to my American English speaking friends who I bet must be thinking that I have lost my mind on this one

Kid Rock ahead in hypothetical matchup with Debbie Stabenow, Large number of voters are undecided

To gauge Ritchie’s chances in a hypothetical general election matchup, Delta Analytica conducted a poll from July 14–18 of 668 Michigan residents. Of respondents who stated a preference between Debbie Stabenow and Robert Ritchie, 54% stated they would vote for Ritchie while 46% said they would vote for Debbie Stabenow. These results could indicate that Ritchie is a popular figure in Michigan, Debbie Stabenow is unpopular, or some combination of concurrent trends. The relatively large, 44%, number of undecided respondents may be due to the early stages of the campaign.

[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/0*JSW4yHPbKkI83NtH.png[/IMG]

More at: https://medium.com/@DelphiAnalytica/...d-a982092ea12a

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Here are some of Rock's political views in the last decade, in his own words:

On Gun Control
    "Getting rid of them is not the answer. The guy who got Osama bin Laden was on Fox News. His daddy raised him in Montana, hunting, fishing. He got it from hunting. What that kid knows is $#@!ing valuable. Shooting 200 yards is hard. To be able to make 1,000-yard shots? I'm glad we have some people like that on our side." – Rolling Stone, February 2015

On Gay Marriage and Abortion
    "I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it's not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don't look forward to marrying gay people, but I'm not opposed to it." – The Guardian, January 2015

On Freedom of Speech
    "Rap-rock was what people wanted at the time, and they still love those songs at shows. But it turned into a lot of bull$#@! and it turned out to be pretty gay … If someone says you can’t say 'gay' like that you tell them to go $#@! themselves. You're not going to get anything politically correct out of me." – The Guardian, January 2015

On His Wealth
    "I'm not just wealthy, I'm loaded. I can say that because I'm not embarrassed – I've made a $#@!-ton of money, but I've never made a dishonest dollar. I try to do right by the people around me." – The Guardian, January 2015

On Barack Obama's Win in 2008
    "I'm patriotic so I'm just happy the people's voice has been heard. I will support him until I have reason not to. It's a great thing for black people. Black people were kind to me growing up and taught me hip-hop and the blues, so it's good the U.S. has proved it's not as racist as it's sometimes portrayed." – Metro, November 2008

On Choosing to Endorse Mitt Romney in 2012
    "[I wanted to make sure he's not] just a rich guy who wanted to become president to out-do [his] dad. I know what it's like to want to be better than your father. Of course, I'm getting these 'I really want to help America [answers]' and I said, 'Cut the $#@!, this is my living room; this isn't going to leave here.'" – Howard Stern, November 2012

On Supporting Donald Trump in 2016
    "I'm digging Trump. I feel like a lot of people, whether you're a Democrat or a Republican, feel like if you get Hillary or Bernie, or you get Rubio or Cruz or whoever, there's going to be the same $#@!. Has that much $#@!ing changed when anyone's in office, whether it's been a Republican or a Democrat in office, in our lifetime, anyway? I haven't really seen this big, like, $#@!ing change. Obviously some people $#@!ed up. [Laughs] That's a long debate. My feeling: let the motherfucking business guy run it like a $#@!ing business. And his campaign has been entertaining as $#@!.” – Rolling Stone, February 2016

On His View of Politics in General
    "If people vote the other way, then I'll support our president, whoever's elected. More importantly, somebody's just gotta smack the $#@! out of Congress and get them to start working together, and put this bull$#@! aside and get this country back on track." – Billboard, November 2012
    More News

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...litics-w492317
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Not Ideal, but maybe better than the other options, is anybody better running there?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    A true man of the people (no sarcasm here). To me, a far more superior person to the professional political man. I can see it going wrong with electing someone like him but the professional politicians is far more likely to blow up in your face than a political novice like Kid Rock.

A true man of the people (no sarcasm here). To me, a far more superior person to the professional political man. I can see it going wrong with electing someone like him but the professional politicians is far more likely to blow up in your face than a political novice like Kid Rock.
    Can't possibly be worse than Debbie Stab Me Now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast