Thread: Yellen says not many more rate hikes needed.

Yellen says not many more rate hikes needed.

That's it? 1% is normalized?

I didn't see that coming. I assumed the Fed would keep raising rates until the markets started to tank and then reverse course. Maybe they're just going to substitute teensy quantitative tightening for teensy rate hikes until the market tanks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep , less than 2 percent is now normalized in the permanent stagnated economy . Until the next crash which she denies will ever happen .
    Do something Danke

Is this why the markets were happy today?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yep , less than 2 percent is now normalized in the permanent stagnated economy . Until the next crash which she denies will ever happen .
    With price inflation that low, we should expect interest rates to be low also.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    With price inflation that low, we should expect interest rates to be low also.

Yep , I really expect things to move along just as they are until the next downturn .
    Do something Danke

Yep , I really expect things to move along just as they are until the next downturn .
    If they crank interest rates up high, they will have a new downturn (at the present rate of inflation, Fed rates of three percent would be considered "high").

October...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Another thing that may happen in October is a debt ceiling crisis, although I fully expect congress to cave and raise it at the last minute.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the best thing to do the day before yellen goes before congress is buy some stocks , after she finishes her questions sell , she is nothing but a wall street/big banks shill .

I've always thought the Fed's true loyalty has been with the big banks. Maybe some of them are having trouble and have sent word to Yellen to ease up with the rate hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Another thing that may happen in October is a debt ceiling crisis, although I fully expect congress to cave and raise it at the last minute.
    They have no choice but to raise it. It is necessary to raise it every year when a currency is controlled by a Central Bank. The debt ceiling is to cover the printing of more money to cover the interest on the existing money supply. That is how banks have taken control of most countries.

And as soon as Zippy comes along to refute this claim, I will have no choice but -Rep his ass again, so now Im just waiting for him to do so...
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

They have no choice but to raise it. It is necessary to raise it every year when a currency is controlled by a Central Bank. The debt ceiling is to cover the printing of more money to cover the interest on the existing money supply. That is how banks have taken control of most countries.
    I love it when politicians say "We need raise the debt ceiling so we can retain our credit rating and pay our bond holders". That's the textbook definition of a Ponzi Scheme and they repeat it with absolutely no awareness of the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I love it when politicians say "We need raise the debt ceiling so we can retain our credit rating and pay our bond holders". That's the textbook definition of a Ponzi Scheme and they repeat it with absolutely no awareness of the irony.
    Since they aren't balancing their budgets, if they don't raise the debt limit they will have to default on at least some of their debt. THAT would hurt their credit.

Since they aren't balancing their budgets, if they don't raise the debt limit they will have to default on at least some of their debt. THAT would hurt their credit.
    Listen to you worrying about "credit worthiness" which is a score applied by BANKS, while still refusing to acknowledge the need for an Honest Money System, which is exactly what Ron Paul said years ago, still says, and you wont budge on "Federal Reserve Bank is just fine" stance. THIS is why your Reputation is in the RED Zippy, exactly where it belongs.
    1776 > 1984

Listen to you worrying about "credit worthiness" which is a score applied by BANKS, while still refusing to acknowledge the need for an Honest Money System, which is exactly what Ron Paul said years ago, still says, and you wont budge on "Federal Reserve Bank is just fine" stance. THIS is why your Reputation is in the RED Zippy, exactly where it belongs.
    The problem is government spending- not what we use for money. Changing banks doesn't change the problems.

The problem is government spending- not what we use for money. Changing banks doesn't change the problems.
    More bull$#@!.

You WANT the Banks to be in charge of this country, and are a-o-good with the govt being FORCED to spend (well, forced thru their own ignorance of an Honest Money System) whatever the Prime Rate is for the existing debt owed to the Federal Reserve Bank. Now, why would you be such an advocate FOR the Banks and the current Status Quo? Could it be you are on their payroll? Or perhaps you are just delusional? Intelligent delusional, but delusional none the less. Or maybe, just maybe, you are one of the few that benefits from charging the govt interest on the existing money supply?

No, changing banks does not fix the problem. That I will agree with. Returning the power to issue and regulate the value of the money FROM the banks and back to the govt, its a start, but I dont trust the $#@!ers in office any more than I trust you or a rattlesnake with a "pet me" sign hanging around its neck.

I will advocate for the repeal of the 16th Amendment, which authorized the creation of both the Federal Reserve AND the IRS.

One problem that I hear constantly from people is they will call for officials to abolish the IRS, but say nothing of eliminating the Federal Reserve Bank. Another problem is the exact opposite, those that advocate for getting rid of the Federal Reserve Bank, but say nothing about the IRS. They work hand in hand. So 10 second thought experiment where we eliminate one but not the other:

- Eliminate the Federal Reserve
    - > Result is no new money is created, but because the IRS still exists, money is destroyed, value of dollars go up, scarcity causes bank runs, economic system collapse

Opposite:

- Eliminate just the IRS
    - > Result is no money is destroyed, due to Federal Reserve Bank still being in existence money continues to be created, hyperinflation is unavoidable, economic system collapses

Conclusion: BOTH the IRS and Federal Reserve Bank must be eliminated and the power to issue currency returned to the Treasury Department. Paying taxes would again mean something to the voters as now they have a means of reigning in corrupt politicians who would rely on actual tax money instead of Banks.

Why you are actually still here is truly beyond me.
    1776 > 1984

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More bull$#@!.

You WANT the Banks to be in charge of this country, and are a-o-good with the govt being FORCED to spend (well, forced thru their own ignorance of an Honest Money System) whatever the Prime Rate is for the existing debt owed to the Federal Reserve Bank. Now, why would you be such an advocate FOR the Banks and the current Status Quo? Could it be you are on their payroll? Or perhaps you are just delusional? Intelligent delusional, but delusional none the less. Or maybe, just maybe, you are one of the few that benefits from charging the govt interest on the existing money supply?

No, changing banks does not fix the problem. That I will agree with. Returning the power to issue and regulate the value of the money FROM the banks and back to the govt, its a start, but I dont trust the $#@!ers in office any more than I trust you or a rattlesnake with a "pet me" sign hanging around its neck.
    The government is forced to pay interest on their debt- true. Just like any borrower. They do not pay whatever the Prime Rate is but rather the rate that buyers of US Treasuries decide they are willing to accept when they purchase them at auctions. The Fed does not participate in those auctions but rather buys their Treasuries in the secondary market from authorized dealers. The government pay that interest to all borrowers including the Federal Reserve but the difference is that the Federal Reserve gives back that interest so they are really not paying any interest on the portion of the US debt the Fed holds (which is about 12% of all the outstanding US debt).

The size of the debt is determined by Congress who writes all the spending and taxation bills which are then signed by the President. If their spending bills are for more than they are taking in in taxes, they have to borrow to make up the difference. That is government debt.

Or maybe, just maybe, you are one of the few that benefits from charging the govt interest on the existing money supply?
    The government does not pay interest on the entire money supply. Only on the amounts they had to borrow. And again, they don't pay interest on the money they borrowed from the Fed since that interest is returned to the US Treasury (along with other profits the Fed generated less their expenses).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-16-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Here Zippy, disagree with this guy some more...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6498014
    1776 > 1984

Imagine going in to the next recession with 1% Fed Funds as your ammunition. It's like going into war with a cap gun. Negative interest rates coming soon!