Thread: Article of Impeachment Introduced Against President Donald Trump

Article of Impeachment Introduced Against President Donald Trump

Surprise! Right on schedule. (August recess coming.. media jackal feeding ground for months to come.)

Article of Impeachment Introduced Against President Donald Trump

https://sherman.house.gov/media-cent...obstruction-of

http://rinf.com/alt-news/newswire/ar...eaking+News%29

An Article of Impeachment against President Donald Trump was officially introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday.

“The Constitution does not provide for the removal of a President for impulsive, ignorant incompetence. It does provide for the removal of a President for High Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
    —Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.)The resolution (pdf), submitted by Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) and backed by Rep. Al Green (D-Texas), specifically cites alleged “obstruction of justice” by Trump as a potential “high crime and misdemeanor” that could be grounds for the president’s removal from office.

“Recent disclosures by Donald Trump Jr. indicate that Trump’s campaign was eager to receive assistance from Russia,” said Sherman in a statement announcing his decision. “It now seems likely that the President had something to hide when he tried to curtail the investigation of National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and the wider Russian probe. I believe his conversations with, and subsequent firing of, FBI Director James Comey constitute Obstruction of Justice.”

I have introduced H.Res. 438 Articles of #Impeachment of Donald J. Trump for Obstruction of Justice. Statement here: https://t.co/0gKr8ZFg3c pic.twitter.com/yUTDAnPFuJ

— Rep. Brad Sherman (@BradSherman) July 12, 2017

“Every day Democrats, Republicans, and the entire world are shocked by the latest example of America’s amateur President,” said Sherman. “Ignorance accompanied by a refusal to learn. Lack of impulse control, accompanied by a refusal to have his staff control his impulses. We’re no longer surprised by any action, no matter how far below the dignity of the office—and no matter how dangerous to the country.”

He added, “But the Constitution does not provide for the removal of a President for impulsive, ignorant incompetence. It does provide for the removal of a President for High Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Sherman ackowledged that the introduction on Wednesday is only the beginning of what should be a long and thoughtful process in Congress, but one he said was necessary “to protect our country from abuse of power, obstruction of justice, and impulsive, ignorant incompetence.”​
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-12-2017 at 02:59 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

PENCE WORKING WITH HILLARY CLINTON TO IMPEACH TRUMP: Trump White House Silent Impeachment Takeover

B4 anyone gets all MAGA...
    This 'soft coup' is Neocon/deepstate THRU AND THRU...
    Hillary/Pelosi/Reid WERE neocons. Pence is a TOTAL neocon.
    What we're watching is actually sedition.

Everybody up for a color revolution?
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-12-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Wow, that took a really long time.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    PENCE WORKING WITH HILLARY CLINTON TO IMPEACH TRUMP: Trump White House Silent Impeachment Takeover

B4 anyone gets all MAGA...
    This 'soft coup' is Neocon/deepstate THRU AND THRU...
    Hillary/Pelosi/Reid WERE neocons. Pence is a TOTAL neocon.
    What we're watching is actually sedition.

Everybody up for a color revolution?
    Dump needs to dump Pence and offer the VP to Rand or Lee in 2020

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I read the document. All 4 points are patently false, points 3 and 4 are outright lies. Next narrative please.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

1) While I may not like much of what Trump does, I have seen nothing which would qualify as "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" .

2) Political games anyways. The bill isn't going anywhere. To call for impeachment, you need both houses including two thirds of the Senate to agree. That is not going to happen.

https://qz.com/932814/heres-what-it-...-might-happen/

Impeachment in the United States is purely a political act. The definition given in the constitution provides no hard and fast standard beyond which Congress must impeach the president. If the party of a politically popular president were to control congress and be implicated in, say, a bribery scandal, this president would not be touchable until Congress determined it was in their interest to do so. The impeachment process is only as good as the will of Congress. Short of impeachment, Congress could censure or otherwise sanction the president, but is under no obligation to remove him from office. With Republicans firmly in command of the House and Senate, impeaching their own sitting president would be a self-immolation of their party.

For this to happen, several conditions would have to be present. There would need to be concrete, incontrovertible, undeniable evidence of criminal wrongdoing by the president. Evidence so strong that it caused Trump’s own base to abandon him, and make the politics of impeachment unquestionable for Republicans. Trump’s staying on in office would have to be a bigger threat to Republican majorities than his removal. Nothing from the Trump administration so far comes close to this standard. Though the press has eagerly run stories from an unverified dossier alleging personal ties between Trump and Russia and gleefully digs into any new allegations of contact between Trump’s team and the Russian government, nothing concrete has emerged tying the president (or, yet, any of his associates) to any criminal behavior that meets the standard of high crimes and misdemeanors. Not even close.

More pointedly, even as Democrats decry the destruction of democratic norms and American institutions, Trump’s approval ratings with Republicans remains quite resilient. 87% of Republicans still support the president in a recent Gallup survey. Republicans could never impeach a president who was so popular within their own party.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-12-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    1) While I may not like much of what Trump does, I have seen nothing which would qualify as "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" .

2) Political games anyways. The bill isn't going anywhere. To call for impeachment, you need both houses including two thirds of the Senate to agree. That is not going to happen.

https://qz.com/932814/heres-what-it-...-might-happen/
    Amazing zippy takes the side of truth. [Faints dead away]

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Surprise! Right on schedule. (August recess coming.. media jackal feeding ground for months to come.)
    ...​
    I dunno, the scheduling is bit too crazy and too soon for such talk.
    But media probably should conduct a poll on this even if 65% of peoples don't trust media opinion polls these days.

Related

Poll: Would you support Obama impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I dunno, the scheduling is bit too crazy and too soon for such talk.
    But media probably should conduct a poll on this even if 65% of peoples don't trust media opinion polls these days.

Related

Poll: Would you support Obama impeachment?
    I found this poll entertaining:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...king-for-trump

Poll: 73 percent of Democrats would give up drinking for Trump impeachment

Over 73 percent of Democrats would give up alcohol for the rest of their life if it meant President Trump would be impeached tomorrow, according to a survey released on Thursday by a drug and alcohol rehabilitation group.

Only 17 percent of Republicans would give up alcohol for Trump’s impeachment. The poll also found that nearly 31 percent of Republicans would give up drinking if it meant the media stopped writing negative things about President Trump.

Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) formally introduced an article of impeachment against President Trump on Wednesday, accusing the president of obstructing justice during the investigation of Russia’s 2016 election interference. It was the first time a lawmaker had offered an impeachment article against Trump.

Detox.net surveyed 1,013 active alcohol drinkers on March 14 and asked questions related to what they would be willing to sacrifice in exchange for alcohol. Forty-one percent of those surveyed identified as women, 58 percent as men and 1 percent identified as a gender not listed on the survey.
    As for political affiliation, 21 percent identified as Republican, 43 percent as Democrat and 36 percent as other.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-13-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    We would be much better off if Republicans had had the instincts to be immigration hawks.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I found this poll entertaining:
    I'm guessing the didn't poll the Kennedys.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

But he's wrong. Impeachment is done in the House.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    But he's wrong. Impeachment is done in the House.
    The impeachment vote is in the House- that is basically agreeing that there is enough evidence to charge him. If so, then there can be a trial in the Senate presided over by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. After that, if two thirds of the Senate agree, the president can be removed from office.

If so, the House of Representatives will vote on one or more articles of impeachment, and if at least one of these passes on a majority vote, the president is impeached, but is not yet removed from office—that can only happen after the case passes to the Senate.

After the House has impeached the president, the chief justice of the Supreme Court will preside over a trial in the Senate, during which a team from the House functions as the prosecution and the president has defense lawyers.

If at least two-thirds of senators find the president guilty, he or she is forced out of office, and the vice president takes over.
    http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...l-green-623143

Wait for the President to say, "I didn't need any more dirt on Hillary Clinton. I already had it." I said this last fall. I guess we will see if I am the evil genius.

For the record, I am not in favor of impeachment because as much as I like Mike Pence, I am not sure I want him to move into the White House.
    “When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”~~ Frederic Bastiat

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do admit that the conservative wing of the Democratic Party is not thrilled by all this...

If Donald Trump does the executive order I feel he is about to do,
    expect a total zoo to erupt in D.C over the precise wording of the
    14th Amendment, a thorough and complete debate on citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    If Donald Trump does the executive order I feel he is about to do,
    expect a total zoo to erupt in D.C over the precise wording of the
    14th Amendment, a thorough and complete debate on citizenship.
    It could be argued that the 14th was never legally ratified...
    It is difficult to emphasize strongly enough, the importance of this memorandum written by Judge Perez. History is always written by the 'victor'. In this case — again — the victor was the small group of powerful U.S. and International financiers who have orchestrated every war in which Americans have fought and died, and who have installed their minions in all levels of both federal and state government today... executive, legislative, judicial, bureaucratic. Because this group also controls the media and the educational system in America, they have successfully promulgated their version of the War of Northern Aggression which they labeled the 'Civil War'.
    Just within this past year (2000), as we broached the subject of the controlled opposition to the southern flag on the Sweet Liberty broadcast, several informed guests revealed the lies surrounding and concealing the real facts about that bloody war in which hundreds of thousands of Americans were slaughtered (brother killing brother — Christians killing Christians); whole southern states and millions of lives were destroyed; and out of the chaos... the blood, mud, fire and ashes ("utter destruction") came the 14th Amendment which effectively dismantled the Constitution. Except... it is not valid.
    We learned that the 14th Amendment was: 1) fraudulently, unlawfully, illegally proposed by the U.S. Congress rendering it null and void at the outset; 2) ratified in the Southern states by 'rump legislatures', literally by military force at bayonet point — threat, duress and coercion — rendering it null and void in the second instance; 3) had nothing to do with giving freed slaves citizenship status and instead created a new status of citizenship for all Americans (U.S. citizens rather than Citizens of our respective states) which in effect enslaved us all; 4) dissolved and replaced constitutional law with the 'Laws of Commerce and Admiralty'... and 5) in a very real sense became a new constitution within the constitution.
    We've been advised by several legal researchers (NOT lawyers) that if the autonomous states declared it's invalidity (the 14th Amendment) the entire out-of-thin-air economic stranglehold on this nation, along with the current system of Talmudic law would collapse. No need for an amendment to repeal the 14th because it is not a lawful part of the Constitution. In fact, if the missing lawfully ratified 13th Amendment was re-inserted, the one could replace the other. To fully protect the rights of descendants of slaves, each state could declare equal rights of all legal Citizens.
    http://www.sweetliberty.org/fourteenth.amend.htm

related... the 'missing' 13th amendment...
    https://www.nationallibertyalliance....0Amendment.pdf

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows