Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Active duty Hawaii soldier arrested for alleged ties to "Obama founded" group

  1. #1

    Active duty Hawaii soldier arrested for alleged ties to "Obama founded" group




    US soldier arrested in Hawaii for alleged ties to ISIS, FBI says

    Published July 10, 2017Report: Active duty US soldier arrested on terrorism charges



    An active duty Army soldier was arrested over the weekend by the FBI in Hawaii on terrorism charges for allegedly providing material support to the Islamic State terror group, officials said.
    Ikaika Kang, 34, was arrested late Saturday night by an FBI SWAT team at the Schofield Barracks in Honolulu, the FBI said in a news release.


    Kang was with the 25th Infantry Division. The FBI believes that Kang was a lone actor, and that he is not associated with others who may present a threat to Hawaii.
    "Terrorism is the FBI's number one priority," FBI Special Agent in Charge Paul D. Delacourt said in a statement. " In fighting this threat, the Honolulu Division of the FBI works with its law enforcement partners and the Joint Terrorism Task Force. In this case, the FBI worked closely with the U.S. Army to protect the citizens of Hawaii."
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/10...cial-says.html






    Unrelated

    Days after Kissinger warned against removing ISIS, it claims Spain Van attack killing 13




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Can we puhleeese stop with the "Obama founded group" carpe?

    ISIS is a direct shoot of Al Qaeda which was deliberately formed by the US when Russia was in Afghanistan in the 1980's.
    There is no spoon.

  4. #3
    This guy is an E 7 and an air traffic controller at Wheeler Field .
    Do something Danke

  5. #4
    ISIS was started in 2006 anyways- Obama became president in 2009. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29052144

    What are its origins?

    IS can trace its roots back to the late Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian. In 2004, a year after the US-led invasion of Iraq, Zarqawi pledged allegiance to Osama Bin Laden and formed al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), which became a major force in the insurgency.

    After Zarqawi's death in 2006, AQI created an umbrella organisation, Islamic State in Iraq (ISI). ISI was steadily weakened by the US troop surge and the creation of Sahwa (Awakening) councils by Sunni Arab tribesmen who rejected its brutality.

    Baghdadi, a former US detainee, became leader in 2010 and began rebuilding ISI's capabilities. By 2013, it was once again carrying out dozens of attacks a month in Iraq.
    But the real roots date back to the US invasion of Iraq and the chaos it created. That would be Bush/ Chaney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Can we puhleeese stop with the "Obama founded group" carpe?

    ISIS is a direct shoot of Al Qaeda which was deliberately formed by the US when Russia was in Afghanistan in the 1980's.
    While President Trump tends to exaggerate things but do you believe Obama played no role in ISIS creation or objecting to him being singled out/see his role more like that of a cultivator but not founding father?


    Trump: Clinton, Obama 'created ISIS'








    Related


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD0ziPUortA



    Has Obama ever condemned any Al Qaeda terrorist attack in Syria?



    Syrian defense minister killed in suicide blast - Yahoo! News
    news.yahoo.com/syrian-defense-minister-killed-suicide-blast-103306510...‎
    Jul 18, 2012 - Defense Minister Dawoud Rajha, 65, a former army general, is the most ... Rajha was the most senior Christian government official in Syria.

    Car bombs terrorize Syrian Christians in Damascus
    Damascus, Syria, Nov 30, 2012 / 02:05 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Two deadly car bombs that exploded in a Damascus suburb Nov. 28 killed at least 34 people ...


    Arm of al-Qaeda seizes major city in northern Syria
    Sydney Morning Herald - ‎2015‎

    Istanbul: In a major setback for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, al-Qaeda's affiliate in Syria and forces from four other Islamist groups captured the city of Idlib on Saturday.


    Obama's $195 Million Aid Package for Al Qaeda-Led Syrian Rebels
    www.theblaze.com/.../obamas-195-million-aid-package-for-al-qaeda-led...‎
    Aug 8, 2013

    Obama Waives Ban on Arming Terrorists to Aid Syrian Rebels
    2015

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    While President Trump tends to exaggerate things but do you believe Obama played no role in ISIS creation or objecting to him being singled out/see his role more like that of a cultivator but not founding father?
    He inherited ISIS- and played along w/TPTB just like every president before him.
    There is no spoon.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    He inherited ISIS- and played along w/TPTB just like every president before him.
    He inherited IS in Syria (ISIS) ... just as Bush inherited Al Qaeda in Iraq ?

    That sounds very simplistic. There was no ISIS (IS in Syria) before DGP/Hillary team started Libya/Syria interventions just as there was no AQ in Iraq before Bush/Cheney started Iraqi freedom intervention.

    If you argue that he was just a puppet and his PSOs or masters created/cultivated such products, that would be more accurate imo. But even political slaves are responsible for their actions, hopefully you were not arguing against that.

  9. #8
    The problem with the "Obama founded ISIS" meme is that it's a dishonest attempt to exonerate other guilty parties.

    Bush deserves as much blame as Obama, and Trump will take his third share soon enough, as he's pursuing the same policies.

    If a critic of Bush/Trump said "Obama founded ISIS," it would just be factually incorrect (by being incomplete).

    If a Trump/Bush supporter says it (and they do), it's propaganda.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Few political memes/slogans are 100% accurate, Trump statement on "ISIS Founder" is almost as accurate as RP's statement that "Israel created Hamas".


    A question to get better idea of honesty standards you are applying to political slogans.
    Do you find both of these memes equally dishonest or one more dishonest than the other?


    A)




    B)





    Couldn't find a meme where CNN neocons had a correction like "Change we can believe in (we can't)".





    Related

    Poll: "Forget fake news — alt-right memes could do more damage to democracy"


  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Few political memes/slogans are 100% accurate, Trump statement on "ISIS Founder" is almost as accurate as RP's statement that "Israel created Hamas".
    Except Ron's statement wasn't intended to mislead anyone or deflect blame from other guilty parties.

    Trump saying "Obama created ISIS" is like Krugman saying "Hoover caused the Depression."

    Both lies of omission.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Except Ron's statement wasn't intended to mislead anyone or deflect blame from other guilty parties.

    Trump saying "Obama created ISIS" is like Krugman saying "Hoover caused the Depression."

    Both lies of omission.
    Ok, if I'm reading you view right, such memes with "co-founder" wording you would find more accurate so DGP's not singled out as the sole co-conspirator.

    If you're inclined to answer this, I'm still curious which of these two memes you find more misleading.

    A)






    B)




    Otherwise we can just leave this at "co-founder" correction. There is also issue of branding, you cannot completely deny claims of creators of "Pepsi Cola" even if someone had created similar product "Coca Cola" years before.

  14. #12
    @enhanced_deficit

    I'd say those two memes are about equally misleading.

    Trump's misleads people to think Obama alone created ISIS, Republicans have clean hands, and Trump's doing something different.

    Obama's misleads people to think he was going to be different from Bush; he wasn't (e.g. he pursued the same terrorist-generating foreign policy).
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  15. #13
    Ok, thank you for clarification of your view.

    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0

    Trump's misleads people to think Obama alone created ISIS, Republicans have clean hands, and Trump's doing something different.
    EM.
    I doubt that part, it's more like he focusses on/exggerates facts (or even non-facts sometimes) that easily breakdown complex issues into simple statements for masses and suit his purpose. But he still he tells many truths.

    Trump: Bush Administration Knowingly 'Lied' About Iraq War Intel ...
    https://townhall.com/.../trump-bush-...t-iraq-war-int...
    Feb 18, 2016

    It's quite possible Trump could end up repeating/multiplying similar policies but it's also possible in the end he does much better than his predecessors.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I doubt that part, it's more like he focusses on/exggerates facts (or even non-facts sometimes) that easily breakdown complex issues into simple statements for masses and suit his purpose. But he still he tells many truths.
    ...not hard to do when you take every side of every issue and change your positions mid-sentence.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  17. #15
    Actions speak louder than words... so far he tends to be more consistent there.
    We'll have to judge in coming years if he creates/co-creates more wars/Benghazis/groups like ISIS or eradicates them.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Actions speak louder than words... so far he tends to be more consistent there.
    We'll have to judge in coming years if he creates/co-creates more wars/Benghazis/groups like ISIS or eradicates them.
    Noting that eradication requires more war.

    There was no ISIS in Syria (and they barely existed elsewhere too) until their civil war started when Assad sent tanks after unarmed demonstrators. (If you want to accurately share blame). They weren't the only group to rush into Syria- there were reportedly as many as 200 different groups with different agendas heading into Syria. Syria is where ISIS really started growing. They were nearly eliminated in Iraq. ISIS also took advantage of Khadafi being overthrown in Libya- they were able to take advantage of the chaos there to seize large amounts of weapons which made them a bigger military threat.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-13-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    This guy is an E 7 and an air traffic controller at Wheeler Field .
    Yes, news headline did not accurately described details.

    In unrelated news, a PSN article posted this shocking claim:

    Documents reveal Obama/McCain giving ISIS weapons through Silk Way Airlines








    Remember when the Obama DOJ dropped charges against military weapons contractor Marc Turi back in early October? Well Marc Turi seems to be connected to John McCain and Silk Way Airlines...A Middle Eastern cargo carrier very involved in weapon shipments. Well In May 2016, the defense put together a slideshow for Justice Department lawyers, outlining reasons the case should be dismissed.
    ​ The presentation stressed that Turi had pursued the Libya transaction openly, ultimately received a permit for the Qatar shipment, and had even contacted Arizona Sen. John McCain’s office for support. One slide featured a March 2011 message from Turi to a McCain staffer describing his company as “the single largest private supplier of weapons and ammunition into Afghanistan.” Turi explained that Libyan fighters were requesting firepower, and he was seeking State Department licenses “to begin delivery immediately. … We feel this option provides an avenue to limit U.S. involvement while supporting the opposition forces.”


    http://www.puppetstringnews.com/blog...k-way-airlines

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Noting that eradication requires more war.

    There was no ISIS in Syria (and they barely existed elsewhere too) until their civil war started when Assad sent tanks after unarmed demonstrators. (If you want to accurately share blame). They weren't the only group to rush into Syria- there were reportedly as many as 200 different groups with different agendas heading into Syria. Syria is where ISIS really started growing. They were nearly eliminated in Iraq. ISIS also took advantage of Khadafi being overthrown in Libya- they were able to take advantage of the chaos there to seize large amounts of weapons which made them a bigger military threat.
    Golly - it's a good thing we weren't involved in that whole Libya thing, isn't it? Because that might mean Trump had a point.
    *******

    I didn't start out thinking that anti-vax people were fools or impervious to reason, it's from my experience here that I now think that.
    - AmyPi 2014 (RIP)

    Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

  22. #19
    Oh but Nato was only doing "our" bidding in Libya. . . and it was rockets from US warships and jets that ensured the objective
    Last edited by Dark_Horse_Rider; 08-28-2017 at 06:09 PM.

  23. #20
    and if you watched General Wesley Clarkes interview from 2005 you would see Libya as one of the 7 countries the Pentagon had pegged to collapse at least that far back

    https://youtu.be/9RC1Mepk_Sw

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    and if you watched General Wesley Clarkes interview from 2005 you would see Libya as one of the 7 countries the Pentagon had pegged to collapse at least that far back

    https://youtu.be/9RC1Mepk_Sw
    Yea that was telling.
    Although back in 2005 US had a non-Nobel Peace Prize winning regime and things was supposed to change after 2008.


    Un-related

    Agents of both Mossad and CIA contractors are being held on suspicion of aiding ISIS militants




Similar Threads

  1. "Duty To Kill You" Cop "Off Duty at Theatre" if You Think "Your Life Matters"
    By presence in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2014, 02:46 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-20-2012, 07:08 AM
  3. Barack Obama "Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?"
    By cajuncocoa in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM
  4. Obama: "I was born in Hawaii. I can't change those facts."
    By qh4dotcom in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 01:22 AM
  5. US soldier arrested for doing "double duty" as Mexican drug cartel hitman
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •