Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jilundqu
    which he initially lied about)
    Please explain how he lied. I'll be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Prior to a debate between Al Gore and George Bush, someone handed the 'playbook' and prep manual that Bush was using to Al Gores campaign. Rather than use it, they called the FBI.

LoL CNN handed Donna Brazil debate questions for Clinton.

And it is not illegal to get information and dirt on politicians from foreign actors.

You don't think there's anything wrong with American political candidates assisting a foreign power in interfering with American elections?
    More rev 3.0 super twisted double speak strawman extravaganza.

"assisting a foreign power"

0 evidence she works for the Kremlin.

"interfering with American elections"

Of course you buy that line. Anything bad for Trump, you swallow, hook line and sinker.
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-13-2017 at 12:03 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0
    You don't think there's anything wrong with American political candidates assisting a foreign power in interfering with American elections?
    More rev 3.0 super twisted double speak strawman extravaganza.

"assisting a foreign power"

0 evidence she works for the Kremlin.

"interfering with American elections"

Of course you buy that line. Anything bad for Trump, you swallow, hook line and sinker.
    Trump's son, son-in-law, and campaign manager met with someone claiming to represent the Russian government to obtain dirt on Hillary.

True or false?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Trump's son, son-in-law, and campaign manager met with someone claiming to represent the Russian government to obtain dirt on Hillary.

True or false?
    False. She didn't claim to represent the Russian government.
    Read the email again.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Here is her archived facebook:
    http://archive.is/mdSre

Look like someone out to help Trump win to you?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Zippy breaks the story on RPF.

why is this supposed to be bad?

False. She didn't claim to represent the Russian government.
    Read the email again.
    From the initial email making the offer to Trump Jr:

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and it's government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    where in that statement does she claim to represent the Russian government?

The Crown Prosecutor is twice removed from her... how does that make here a representative for the Russian government?

The Crown Prosecutor is twice removed from her... how does that make here a representative for the Russian government?
    She's from Russia.

Goldstone, claiming to represent the Russian government, sends Trump Jr the offer of information.

Trump Jr accepts - i.e. expresses interest in the information and in having a meeting about it.

Goldstone tells Trump Jr he'll send someone to meet him, a "Russian government attorney."

Trump Jr meets that person.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Goldstone, claiming to represent the Russian government, sends Trump Jr the offer of information.
    Goldstone didn't claim to represent the Russian government. Goldstone is a music producer.

Figure out the facts, first, before even TRYING to step to me. buck-O.
    Goldstone tells Trump Jr he'll send someone to meet him, a "Russian government attorney."
    So a Russian Defense attorney is now a "representative of the russian government?"

Trump's son, son-in-law, and campaign manager met with someone claiming to represent the Russian government...

true or false?
    Still false, revolution 3.0. Nothing you can say can make it true. You were wrong, you are being wrong again with your ludicrous and unfounded Goldstone claims. You obviously are hastily researching on the fly, trying desperately to look knowledgeable about something you haven't the faintest clue about... ..besides what you read during your two-minutes hate.

But it's not like I have ever come to expect anything better from you. You have always been a fact-less bundle of logical fallacies and rage.
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-13-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Trump Jr accepts - i.e. expresses interest in the information and in having a meeting about it.

Trump Jr meets that person.
    There is nothing wrong with what he did.

And if you are discussing the allegation that he lied then you are forgetting that he found out that he had been lied to and that this person was not connected to the government of Russia.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Goldstone didn't claim to represent the Russian government. Goldstone is a music producer.
    LOL/WTF..

Let's try this again:

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone writing to Trump Jr
    The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and it's government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

Banned

Blog Entries
    LOL/WTF..

Let's try this again:
    Where in that does Goldstone claim to represent the Russian government?
    Why would Goldstone claim to represent the Russian government when Trump Jr already knew he was a music producer, and not a representative of the russian government?

You are a mess, boy. You can LOL/WTF all you want... you are the one completely confused by everything right now.

Can we go back to the old and tried "there was no intent" defense? It worked for Hillary rather well.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would Goldstone claim to represent the Russian government when Trump Jr already knew he was a music producer, and not a representative of the russian government?
    Everybody can be an agent in the matrix. Were you paying attention or were you looking at the woman in red dress?

Goldstone is telling Trump Jr that people in the Russian government want to give him information.

Goldstone is writing to Trump Jr on behalf of those people, i.e. representing them.

One can be a music producer and a representative of the Russian government.

"Representative of the Russian government" doesn't mean an official representative like an ambassador or the like.

It means someone representing the Russian government in some matter.

If I send you a PM to pass along a message from SwordSmyth, I'm representing SwordSmyth.

Why are you making such a tremendous effort not to understand (rhetorical question, answer is obvious)?

Goldstone is telling Trump Jr that people in the Russian government want to give him information.

Goldstone is writing to Trump Jr on behalf of those people, i.e. representing them.

One can be a music producer and a representative of the Russian government.

"Representative of the Russian government" doesn't mean an official representative like an ambassador or the like.

It means someone representing the Russian government in some matter.

If I send you a PM to pass along a message from SwordSmyth, I'm representing SwordSmyth.

Why are you making such a tremendous effort not to understand (rhetorical question, answer is obvious)?
    I agree with your point of logic about the claimed representation but there is nothing wrong with what he did.

And if you are discussing the allegation that he lied then you are forgetting that he found out that he had been lied to and that this person was not connected to the government of Russia.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ...but there is nothing wrong with what he did.
    I know that's your position, but it's not the position of most pro-Trump people, as evidenced by UWDude's tortured reasoning. They need to deny the obvious because they do think it's a problem for American political candidates to attempt to collude with foreign government for the purpose of changing the outcomes of elections (or at least they know most Americans think it's a problem, and so this hurts Dear Leader).

Haven't even gotten to any possible lies or illegalities at this point, just the facts of what happened, and Trump Co's intentions in the matter.

Banned

Blog Entries

That is some stellar semantic gymnastics. Still fail.
    So are you trying to strengthen, or weaken your argument Trump Jr did something illegal here? Because you aren't helping yourself at all.

I agree with your point of logic about the claimed representation but there is nothing wrong with what he did.
    Goldstone never claimed to represent the Russian Government. Never.
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-13-2017 at 02:07 AM.

your argument Trump Jr did something illegal
    I never made any such argument.

That is some stellar semantic gymnastics. Still fail.
    That's rich.

Logged in for the first time in years just to point out there is no Crown Prosecutor position. Also the line that Goldstone was offering "information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia" backs up Trump Jr. and other firsthand accounts of the meeting that Trump Jr. asked her straight up what evidence she has of Hillary's illegal dealings with Russia, none was provided, the lawyer they'd never met before went into a pitch about Russian adoption laws, and everyone knew it was bull$#@!.

So yeah Jr. gets this wonky email claiming to have evidence of Russian collusion with Hillary. Any argument that he should've reported it right then is a naive. I've worked on campaigns and know how you get a thousand leads and 90 percent go nowhere. Goldstone's previous dealings with Jr. are why he said he entertained the meeting, and that seems more than reasonable. He was certainly getting hit up constantly by people claiming to have all sorts of dirt on Hillary, and some were probably setups like this meeting turned out to be. He got an email from an acquaintance with some connections claiming to have evidence of Hillary/Russian collusion. Why not follow up?

And after the fact no sense reporting it cause three's nothing to report. Doesn't excuse Trump Jr. from not mentioning this when asked if he'd "ever met with Russians" I guess, but I find the entire thing a neo-McCarthyist frenzy intended to push back against any attempt to leave Syria and justify our inflated military and intelligence spending and box Trump into a corner easing relations with Russia or removing the sanctions that are likely based on the lie that the DNC emails were hacked rather than leaked.

(PS- I hate Trump and voted Ron, Ron, and Rand/Gary in the last three pres elections.)
    Last edited by Driftar; 07-13-2017 at 03:21 AM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    About the same.

But Pence or Hitlery are worse.
    I don't even know what "worse" is anymore in the age of the psychopath in public office. Once they show their true colors and who they answer too, I don't give a damn about where to place them on a list of best looking piece of $#@!.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    If this is confirmed, his son and Kushner should be asked to resign from cabinet so investigations can be completed and all the facts can be outed in a neutral atmosphere.
    An investigation into legal activity? What law was broken? What is the probable cause?

If you're suggesting this is an offshoot of the DNC leak and if any US citizens assisted the "Russians" in that illegal act, then the investigation SHOULD START AT THE DNC!! Not randomly pointing fingers at anyone that met with Russian nationals during 2016.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I don't even know what "worse" is anymore in the age of the psychopath in public office. Once they show their true colors and who they answer too, I don't give a damn about where to place them on a list of best looking piece of $#@!.
    Don't be naive. You are not going to win this game the way you are playing. Make them fight each other first.

Quote Originally Posted by Driftar View Post
    Logged in for the first time in years just to point out there is no Crown Prosecutor position. Also the line that Goldstone was offering "information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia" backs up Trump Jr. and other firsthand accounts of the meeting that Trump Jr. asked her straight up what evidence she has of Hillary's illegal dealings with Russia, none was provided, the lawyer they'd never met before went into a pitch about Russian adoption laws, and everyone knew it was bull$#@!.

So yeah Jr. gets this wonky email claiming to have evidence of Russian collusion with Hillary. Any argument that he should've reported it right then is a naive. I've worked on campaigns and know how you get a thousand leads and 90 percent go nowhere. Goldstone's previous dealings with Jr. are why he said he entertained the meeting, and that seems more than reasonable. He was certainly getting hit up constantly by people claiming to have all sorts of dirt on Hillary, and some were probably setups like this meeting turned out to be. He got an email from an acquaintance with some connections claiming to have evidence of Hillary/Russian collusion. Why not follow up?

And after the fact no sense reporting it cause three's nothing to report. Doesn't excuse Trump Jr. from not mentioning this when asked if he'd "ever met with Russians" I guess, but I find the entire thing a neo-McCarthyist frenzy intended to push back against any attempt to leave Syria and justify our inflated military and intelligence spending and box Trump into a corner easing relations with Russia or removing the sanctions that are likely based on the lie that the DNC emails were hacked rather than leaked.

(PS- I hate Trump and voted Ron, Ron, and Rand/Gary in the last three pres elections.)
    Thank you for logging in and providing a voice of reason. The Crown Prosecutor is a tell everybody is missing for some reason. It seems like this is the "get out of jail" card left there to be able to say, nah, we were just kidding. +rep

Banned

Blog Entries
    WOOOOWWW! FOR A SMOKING GUN... ....the media, which has BEEN WAITING FOR MONTHS FOR SOMETHING THIS DAMNING... ...has suddenly got a little quiet!

Why?

In a nutshell, this lawyer Trump Jr. met with.... ..to get dirt about How Russia was colluding ON BEHALF OF THE DNC..... ...has been exposed as a set-up. Her and Goldstone were both big Hillary fans.

By the way, she, (Veselnitskaya) does not speak English, so she had a translator with her. It is already pretty well known who the translator was.

But more interesting, Veselnitskaya's visa had expired, but the Obama administration gave her an emergency hold over, under Loretta Lynch.

A lawyer in the US who doesn't speak English, gets an emergency visa hold over?

Notice the press is backing off this one?

Now we have the meeting, that was set up, to get the FISA warrant. (notice the strange wording in the email, how it is lawyer-talk, using a fake Russian position, and saying it is related to the governments desire to help Putin, although the information was supposed to be about Russia colluding with Clinton?)

Big, BIG question is, did Jr. sniff out the set-up? If not, opportunity missed, but no big loss. There is still plenty of information and REAL evidence going around Sessions office right now about what a "sick guy!" Obama is.

If Trump jr. did sniff out the set-up, however, the nuclear weapon is gift wrapped and sitting under the DNC's Christmas tree.

Anyways... ..expect the media to drop this story now, and hope you forget all about it.

See, the media is going to win the hearsay, rumor and innuendo game. They have been putting up smoke everywhere and insisting there is a fire somewhere.

But just like the elections, Trump is going to win the reality. And America will see behind the smoke was nothing but mirrors.
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-14-2017 at 01:28 AM.

And nothing will happen to anyone involved.

A big drama to keep you paying attention to stupid $#@! while society is dismantled under your noses. Young men are being turned into feminized basement dwellers, incapable of critical thought and self-sufficiency. Grandma and grandpa's life savings is being stolen back while they're slowly killed in retirement homes. You and your kids are being poisoned with GMOs to thin the herd as your useful life as debt slaves comes to an end. The cities are being turned into giant concentration camps.

But keep paying attention to Trump, cuz that's important. Your continued participation in the farce and failure to object is deemed your acceptance of the result.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-14-2017 at 01:40 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    And nothing will happen to anyone involved.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that.

A big drama to keep you paying attention to stupid $#@! while society is dismantled under your noses. Young men are being turned into feminized basement dwellers. Grandma and grandpa's life savings is being stolen back. You and your kids are being poisoned with GMOs. The cities are being turned into giant concentration camps.
    Oh great leader. Your cynicism has fooled me into believing it is great wisdom. Please tell me how you plan to change all this!

But keep paying attention to Trump, cuz that's important.
    Everybody, stop paying attention to Trump! Pay attention to devil21!! He is smarter! He is the new great leader! He brings change, and happiness, and he will make America great again!

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast