Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/u...-manafort.html

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign, according to three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it.

The meeting was also attended by the president’s campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, as well as by the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kushner recently disclosed the meeting, though not its content, in confidential government documents described to The New York Times.

The Times reported the existence of the meeting on Saturday. But in subsequent interviews, the advisers and others revealed the motivation behind it.

The meeting — at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican nomination — points to the central question in federal investigations of the Kremlin’s meddling in the presidential election: whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians. The accounts of the meeting represent the first public indication that at least some in the campaign were willing to accept Russian help.

While President Trump has been dogged by revelations of undisclosed meetings between his associates and the Russians, the episode at Trump Tower is the first such confirmed private meeting involving his inner circle during the campaign — as well as the first one known to have included his eldest son. It came at an inflection point in the campaign, when Donald Trump Jr., who served as an adviser and a surrogate, was ascendant and Mr. Manafort was consolidating power.

It is unclear whether the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, actually produced the promised compromising information about Mrs. Clinton. But the people interviewed by The Times about the meeting said the expectation was that she would do so.

When he was first asked about the meeting on Saturday, Donald Trump Jr. said that it was primarily about adoptions and mentioned nothing about Mrs. Clinton.

But on Sunday, presented with The Times’s findings, he offered a new account. In a statement, he said he had met with the Russian lawyer at the request of an acquaintance from the 2013 Miss Universe pageant, which his father took to Moscow. “After pleasantries were exchanged,” he said, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Mrs. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

He said she then turned the conversation to adoption of Russian children and the Magnitsky Act, an American law that blacklists suspected Russian human rights abusers. The 2012 law so enraged President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia that he halted American adoptions of Russian children.

“It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting,” Mr. Trump said.

Two people briefed on the meeting said the intermediary was Rob Goldstone, a former British tabloid journalist and the president of a company called Oui 2 Entertainment who has worked with the Miss Universe pageant. He did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

Mark Corallo, a spokesman for the president’s lawyer, said on Sunday that “the president was not aware of and did not attend the meeting.”

Lawyers for Mr. Kushner referred to their statement a day earlier, confirming that he voluntarily disclosed the meeting but referring questions about it to Donald Trump Jr. Mr. Manafort declined to comment. In his statement, Donald Trump Jr. said he asked Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kushner to attend, but did not tell them what the meeting was about.

Political campaigns collect opposition research from many quarters but rarely from sources linked to foreign governments.
    More at link.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Zippy breaks the story on RPF.

Why are Democrats so afraid of the TRUTH?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Snowflakes are fragile.

They can tell no difference between Santa Claus and the government. The truth could break the spell. No more free $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    ROFL... I think that's the first thing I've ever heard this guy say that I really liked
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ROFL... I think that's the first thing I've ever heard this guy say that I really liked
    This is not his real account. spicier vs. spicer

https://twitter.com/sean_spicier

Sean Spicier
    @sean_spicier
    I'm not him although @YahooStyle @UnivisionNews @BillKristol @gatewaypundit & @bizpacreview think I am

Moscow
    Joined January 2017
    Last edited by timosman; 07-10-2017 at 12:52 PM.

This latest outrage of the day was as predictable as the sun rising this morning. It's an attack to distract from what appeared to be a productive meeting between Putin and Trump.

It seems that the woman is a lobbyist and criminal defense lawyer.

Veselnitskaya has led the lobbying effort to kill the Magnitsky Act, according to The Daily Beast. She is the head of a Delaware-based non-governmental organization, Human Rights Accountability Global Initiative Foundation, which is “working on analyzing legal and legislative options to help overturn this adoption ban,” according to its website.
    According to the Washington Post, Veselnitskaya was in Washington, D.C. in the days after the Trump Tower meeting to attend a House Foreign Relations Committee hearing on Russian sanctions and U.S.-Russia relations.
    Veselnitskaya said her firm’s clients include “large-state owned and private corporations, as well as clients from the real estate and banking sectors.”
    https://heavy.com/news/2017/07/natal...cebook-photos/
    However, Mark Corallo, a spokesman for Trump's outside counsel, issued a statement late Saturday implying that the meeting was a setup. He said the Russian lawyer and her translator "misrepresented who they were."

Corallo told the Times that as part of her anti-Magnitsky campaign, Veselnitskaya employs a private investigator whose firm, Fusion GPS, produced the intelligence dossier that included unverified allegations about Trump.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...st-year-report
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's called: POLITICIANS- makes no difference what they call themselves.
    Last edited by Ender; 07-10-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This latest outrage of the day was as predictable as the sun rising this morning.
    Zippy also did not disappoint. Let's give credit where credit is due.

Banned

Blog Entries
    That's interesting... ..now how many Japanes, Chinese, Mexican, Canadian, British and French lawyers has he met with? What about the lawyers from the other 200+ nations?

Texas bulls-eyeing.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    That's interesting... ..now how many Japanes, Chinese, Mexican, Canadian, British and French lawyers has he met with? What about the lawyers from the other 200+ nations?

Texas bulls-eyeing.
    Let's be honest, Kremlin lawyer sounds extremely sinister.

Oh the hypocrisy... think about it:
    The new Russia-gate furor is over Donald Trump Jr. meeting a Russian who claimed to have dirt on Hillary Clinton,
    but the Clinton team’s Russian cash-for-trash search against Trump Sr. is all but forgotten.

Forgetting the ‘Dirty Dossier’ on Trump
    By Robert Parry

==========

Trump's Son 'Happy' to Discuss Meeting With Russian Lawyer With Senate Panel

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Oh the hypocrisy... think about it:
    The new Russia-gate furor is over Donald Trump Jr. meeting a Russian who claimed to have dirt on Hillary Clinton,
    but the Clinton team’s Russian cash-for-trash search against Trump Sr. is all but forgotten.

Forgetting the ‘Dirty Dossier’ on Trump
    By Robert Parry

==========

Trump's Son 'Happy' to Discuss Meeting With Russian Lawyer With Senate Panel
    Maybe these people are insane? Is there a way to find out? #crazyunclesam

This looks bad until you realize the fact that the DNC hired Christopher Steele to contact sources in Russia for damaging info on Trump. Don Jr having an open mind to meet with someone for damaging info on Clinton, that turned out to be a false pretext for the meeting, is sensational for the MSM, but ultimately worthless.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is the letter real?

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    This looks bad until you realize the fact that the DNC hired Christopher Steele to contact sources in Russia for damaging info on Trump. Don Jr having an open mind to meet with someone for damaging info on Clinton, that turned out to be a false pretext for the meeting, is sensational for the MSM, but ultimately worthless.
    Perception is everything.

This LOOKS really bad, albeit who knows how ACTUALLY damaging it is.

THe point is he just released an email that basically says:

A: He wanted to meet with lawyer connected to the "Crown Prosecutor of Russia" for the purposes of obtaining 'dirt' on Hillary (which he initially lied about).
    B: The email states CLEARLY that this was official Russian support for his 'father'

Don't care how you spin it.... this LOOKS like $#@! and will cause real damage.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

A: He wanted to meet with lawyer connected to the "Crown Prosecutor of Russia" for the purposes of obtaining 'dirt' on Hillary (which he initially lied about).
    B: The email states CLEARLY that this was official Russian support for his 'father'

Are you always this funny? -rep

Are you always this funny? -rep
    Really with the neg rep? What are you 11? Grow up
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

It seems that the woman is a lobbyist and criminal defense lawyer.

Ya, this whole NYT article is so retarded.

In theory, the ultimate source of the information from Natalia Veselnitskaya was supposed to come from the Russian government.

In reality, the source of the information was a D.C. based political research company that claimed they had information from the Russian government.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

He denies meeting at all and then is posting emails confirming that he met with somebody who promised information which could influence the outcome of the election.

Really with the neg rep? What are you 11? Grow up
    Sorry, but it is summer already and we have not gotten rid of the old trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He denies meeting at all and then is posting emails confirming that he met with somebody who promised information which could influence the outcome of the election.
    Shouldn't you be in school?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And here's the guy who set up the meeting, Rob Goldstone. He's the publicist for a Russian pop star. Yeah, I'm sure this is how it all works.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

It is also illegal to accept foreign assistance. This is not the first denied/ not reported meeting. He was also meeting with a Russian banker.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...russian-banker

The legal risks of Jared Kushner’s meeting with a Russian banker, explained

Federal investigators are fixated on a mysterious December meeting between senior White House adviser Jared Kushner and Russian banker Sergey Gorkov. Was Kushner really trying to open a direct channel of communications with Russian President Vladimir Putin? And why would he meet with the head of a state-controlled Russian bank to discuss such a thing?

The content of that 30-minute meeting is the latest focus of a federal investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia, which was first reported Friday by the Washington Post.

Whatever the motive of the encounter, it was a shocking and risky move for Kushner to meet with the head of a sanctioned Russian bank at all. Gorkov is the CEO of Vnesheconombank, or VEB, one of several state-run Russian banks under US sanctions since mid-2014.

As a US citizen, Kushner could face up to 20 years in prison if he even talked about lending money to the bank, or if he discussed helping the bank get financing. That would have violated the economic sanctions put in place by the Obama administration as punishment for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in 2014. Under the sanctions, it’s illegal for Americans and US financial institutions to lend money to or buy stocks from these banks. Americans are not even allowed to talk about doing so, which could be considered criminal conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    And here's the guy who set up the meeting, Rob Goldstone. He's the publicist for a Russian pop star. Yeah, I'm sure this is how it all works.
    How stupid these people really are?

To Trump? That's silly.

Another pic of Rob Goldstone, the guy who set up the meeting. Yeah, this guy looks like regular KGB.

More Rob Goldstone. A Putin double!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast