Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking for prayers

Asking for prayers

My husband just had a massive heart attack. It just doesn't seem real. I can't believe this is happening. Please pray for him he is a really great guy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Aw man. I'm sorry, WP. I sure will.

Let's all pray for WP, too. She just lost her mom a couple of weeks ago on top of this. I can't even imagine what she's going through.

If you need anything else at all, WP, just say the word.

Of course.

I don't know what to say, you've had so much heaped on you here lately but I'm praying for you and your husband. xo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Praying here.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

...sending positive energy your way!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Chester Copperpot

prayers out

You certainly have them WP. Such a trying time for you. Prayers for his healing and for your comfort and peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh my - this is awful. Prayers / warm vibes.

Will do. Best wishes to you and your entire family .
    Do something Danke

Absolutely! Prayers for your husband and you.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Of course, and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Will do, pray he'll make a full recovery. Life sounds really tough right now for you, hang in there until it gets better.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

You got it, WP. And I'm sorry for all that you've been going through recently.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

May our Creator give you strength and healing.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourselves. Step back from anything that is causing stress.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

First off I want to thank everyone for your support and prayers.

My husband is very critical. I hate he has to be in an ICU hooked up to all kinds of machines. The doctors don't hold out much hope for his survival we all say it is between him and God. But they are asking us to be prepared to pull the plug. They say he may not be able to do anything for himself if he does pull thru and even if he gets stabilized he is still facing at least a double by pass open heart surgery or he will not be able to survive. They say they don't know if they can get him stable enough for the surgery.

There is a lot of high emotion a lot of crying. His children want to fight what is happening and are talking about wanting to move him to another hospital because the doctors won't give them any hope. They have been told several times that he is way too critical to move and that another hospital won't accept his case if he is in a hospital equipped to handle his case. I feel like everything that can be done is being done but in my mind it is between him and God. I don't want to lose him either but I don't want him to suffer. It is so hard to see him like he is. He has always been so determined, active, hard working and, has taken very good care of me. He is squeaky clean which makes it very hard to understand how this happened. It happened so fast he was smiling and happy and then the next minute he was on the floor not breathing. I started CPR immediately while waiting for the ambulance. His heart was stopped for over 10 minutes and it stopped again when he arrived at the hospital. He is on full life support. I would not want all this for myself. His children insist on every test and machine they can hook up to him.

He is a man of faith, a good man he deeply loves his family and me and he takes care of us all. I hate putting him through all this stuff. He has no ability to respond neurologically but they say he is not brain dead. I want what is best for him and I am in complete agony over it. It has only been a few days so maybe something will change in favor of him being able to live. He is only 57 years old which is another thing that makes it so hard.

Thanks for letting me dump this here. I welcome any feed back you may have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    First off I want to thank everyone for your support and prayers.

My husband is very critical. I hate he has to be in an ICU hooked up to all kinds of machines. The doctors don't hold out much hope for his survival we all say it is between him and God. But they are asking us to be prepared to pull the plug. They say he may not be able to do anything for himself if he does pull thru and even if he gets stabilized he is still facing at least a double by pass open heart surgery or he will not be able to survive. They say they don't know if they can get him stable enough for the surgery.

There is a lot of high emotion a lot of crying. His children want to fight what is happening and are talking about wanting to move him to another hospital because the doctors won't give them any hope. They have been told several times that he is way too critical to move and that another hospital won't accept his case if he is in a hospital equipped to handle his case. I feel like everything that can be done is being done but in my mind it is between him and God. I don't want to lose him either but I don't want him to suffer. It is so hard to see him like he is. He has always been so determined, active, hard working and, has taken very good care of me. He is squeaky clean which makes it very hard to understand how this happened. It happened so fast he was smiling and happy and then the next minute he was on the floor not breathing. I started CPR immediately while waiting for the ambulance. His heart was stopped for over 10 minutes and it stopped again when he arrived at the hospital. He is on full life support. I would not want all this for myself. His children insist on every test and machine they can hook up to him.

He is a man of faith, a good man he deeply loves his family and me and he takes care of us all. I hate putting him through all this stuff. He has no ability to respond neurologically but they say he is not brain dead. I want what is best for him and I am in complete agony over it. It has only been a few days so maybe something will change in favor of him being able to live. He is only 57 years old which is another thing that makes it so hard.

Thanks for letting me dump this here. I welcome any feed back you may have as well.
    Continued prayers for your husband, you and your family. These are the toughest of times one can face.

Prayers for your husband, you, and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear...keeping you and your husband in my prayers.

Sorry to hear about the condition of your husband. I remember reading your OP and hoping that he would pull through. It is really annoying to hear the story of someone who is taking good care of themselves finding themselves in this condition. I wish him, you and the rest your family a happy ending.

His children want to fight what is happening and are talking about wanting to move him to another hospital because the doctors won't give them any hope. They have been told several times that he is way too critical to move and that another hospital won't accept his case if he is in a hospital equipped to handle his case.
    FWIW, 6 months ago my uncle in law was in the hospital with heart failure, the doctors there said there was nothing that could be done and wanted to put him on hospice. His kids refused that and had him transferred to another hospital who said, "no problem, he can handle surgery" -- the first hospital said he couldn't. He's still kicking 6 months later, doing well and enjoying his days fishing in tournaments and playing with his grandkids. Don't be afraid of getting a 2nd or 3rd opinion, even at different facilities

My best wishes your husband's direction.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    FWIW, 6 months ago my uncle in law was in the hospital with heart failure, the doctors there said there was nothing that could be done and wanted to put him on hospice. His kids refused that and had him transferred to another hospital who said, "no problem, he can handle surgery" -- the first hospital said he couldn't. He's still kicking 6 months later, doing well and enjoying his days fishing in tournaments and playing with his grandkids. Don't be afraid of getting a 2nd or 3rd opinion, even at different facilities

He must be doing well fishing . Very good Specs .
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone please continue for WP and her husband .
    Do something Danke

Good advise specs. The whole situation is overwhelming for most. Don't ever be afraid to push through the shock. There is strength within each of us and a prayer for WP to find it.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-11-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Agree. Ask for second opinions, preferably from someone independent from the current Doctor.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I Absolutely agree!

Praying for strength for your husband, you and the family.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Thank you for the great idea. I don't know why I couldn't think of this myself. See why I asked for feed back.

If you did not get a rep on this it is only because I have already reped you.

Thank you for the great idea. I don't know why I couldn't think of this myself. See why I asked for feed back.

If you did not get a rep on this it is only because I have already reped you.
    One of my coworkers has a heart pump. He's on the transplant list and still works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast