Thread: Why only 3 sub-fora here?

Why only 3 sub-fora here?

Are there really only three defenders of liberty in American political positions? Are there no other congress critters worthy of the appellation?

Just curious.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Mike Lee is certainly worthy in the Senate. Raul Labrador has had a couple of hiccups, but he is a pretty strong liberty advocate.

Honorable mention: Dave Brat, Tom McClintock, Jim Jordan, Jim Bridenstein, Sen Jim Risch, Mark Stanford, Jeff Duncan, John Duncan, and Sen. Ted Cruz (these people have exhibited various anti-liberty or establishment positions, but honestly vote liberty over 85-90% of the time).
    Last edited by jurgs01; 07-10-2017 at 05:42 AM.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Are there really only three defenders of liberty in American political positions? Are there no other congress critters worthy of the appellation?

Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    I think Mike Lee is certainly worthy in the Senate. Raul Labrador has had a couple of hiccups, but he is a pretty strong liberty advocate.

Honorable mention: Dave Brat, Tom McClintock, Jim Jordan, Jim Bridenstein, Sen Jim Risch, Mark Stanford, Jeff Duncan, John Duncan, and Sen. Ted Cruz (these people have exhibited various anti-liberty or establishment positions, but honestly vote liberty over 85-90% of the time).

We have had some others but they didn't get the traffic to keep them around- so that is a second criteria. Here's is the Dave Brat one in the archive:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...ave-Brat-Forum
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

Just curious.
    There are quite a few more in state and local level positions. Remember Ron Paul's speech in 2008 where he talked about a ground up approach being most effective, and asked his supporters to run for lower level offices that could be more easily won? From right here on RPF, we had Gunny and Shem in as State Reps, and I believe there is also another RPF member who is still on a city or town council. I'm not so sure about anywhere else, but both NH and OK have significant numbers of Ron Paul supporters in their State Legislatures. Remember that both Massie and Amash were first elected at the county and state level. That's the entire point, to get good people in where elections can be more easily won, and advance them to higher level offices. It's a long term strategy that will not pay off immediately, but will pay off hugely in the long run. IMO, this is where our efforts should be concentrated. If we can get 20 people elected in every state at the local, county, and state levels, and are able to advance one of them from each state to Congress every few years, that would present a huge voting bloc within a decade, enough to put our country back on a Constitutional path again. Imagine having 50 additional Massies and Amashes in Congress every 2 or 4 years!
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

At the State level Laura Ebke is as Libertarian as they come. Frustrates me that people only care about national elections. She's running again, but nobody much cares.

Donations accepted here: https://lauraebke.com/donate?view=Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post

I felt like Cruz was a pretty strong liberty candidate back in 2013 or so, back when the liberty movement was more popular. Now that the liberty movement has become less popular, it seems like Cruz has become much worse from a liberty perspective.