Thread: Rand Paul is going to war with his own party

Rand Paul is going to war with his own party

from Washington Examiner

Sen. Rand Paul has not been quiet about his displeasure with the Republican healthcare bill as it was written, saying many times that he can't vote for it unless it looks more like an actual repeal of Obamacare.

Paul has derided Republicans for dropping the essence of their previous "repeal and replace" mantra for another big government approach, which promises an infusion of more federal money into the healthcare system.

Now that Paul has voiced support for separating the repeal effort from the replace effort into two different bills, he has distinguished himself even further from the rest of his caucus as one of the few remaining small government, pro-liberty Republicans.

Commenting on the current bill, he said,
    "We have nearly $200 billion in insurance bailouts. Does anybody remember us complaining that Obamacare had insurance bailouts?"
    He continued,
    "Now, there are Republicans getting so weak-kneed they are saying, oh, we're afraid to repeal the taxes. What happened to these people? They all were for repealing Obamacare. Now there's virtually no one left," and continuing, "every time you add more federal money, more spending, for the big government Republicans, it offends the conservatives."
    Paul also said on Cavuto:
    "You could say to the moderates we are going to give you more spending over here but it's going to be on a separate bill, and then you say to conservatives like me that are worried about the debt and think that we're going to ruin the country – I can't vote for all that spending – so if you want my vote, clean up the repeal, don't put all the Christmas ornaments and billion dollar goodies on it, just give me repeal, and if the Democrats and big government Republicans insist on Christmas ornaments that cost $45 billion and $100 billion, it'll be on a different bill."
    His implication is clear: he wants to reduce the federal government's role in health care – as he and others in his party previously promised to do – and is, therefore, a conservative, and those Republicans supporting this bill are not.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good for him. The people are paying attention. I happened to glimpse an article this week saying that Republicans will put up a challenger to Bob Corker this time around. Interesting.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Rand Paul is going to war with his own party....until the next time he needs to suck at that sweet sweet Republican funds teat and will happily jump in line for what they want, such as supporting the ascent to power of a known authoritarian narcissistic warmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Rand Paul is going to war with his own party....until the next time he needs to suck at that sweet sweet Republican funds teat and will happily jump in line for what they want, such as supporting the ascent to power of a known authoritarian narcissistic warmonger.
    Yes, Rand Paul is a neo-con enemy of liberty. I have my bitches and gripes regarding some of his actions but you need to get a grip. He's right on this one.

lololol, haven't been on RPF much but purists still got sand in the vag over Rand?

You will never get anywhere close to what you're looking to achieve because working with others that don't align with you 100% is considered blasphemy.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    lololol, haven't been on RPF much but purists still got sand in the vag over Rand?

You will never get anywhere close to what you're looking to achieve because working with others that don't align with you 100% is considered blasphemy.
    I think that some of it is an extreme reaction to the wolf in sheep's clothes the establishment sells us every election. Every election you have an oxy moron running, a pure example of something that is so antithetical and synthetic that people buy into the big lie because the antithetical nature makes naturally skeptical people choose cognitive dissonance over no faith in humanity.

So when you get someone extremely honest like Ron Paul, which has no manufactured "quirks" that the media exploits as some sort of certificate of authenticity or license for a monopoly on benefit of any doubt it triggers red flags and people get paranoid.

They say oh my god a politician wants to take less money away from me, he must be lying because politicians lie all the time. This creates the addiction to cognitive dissonance that same guy will fall for the politician that offers something for free when nothing is free. If the politician isn't pissing on me and telling me its rain then he is lying.

This is because people are afraid the of the establishment, its easier to believe the establishment narrative that big government knows best for me and has safety nets then the government is full of ineptitude and people that sell your tax dollars for pennies on the dollar to the highest bidder. Just think about it, that's a frightening thought that most people don't know how to deal with.

Especially because it's almost implied that the establishment would punish us if we don't do their bidding. There is so much controlled opposition that the two parties are identical.

This is what can happen when a senate candidate slam dunks his party's primary nomination with grassroots funding.
    Last edited by anaconda; 07-08-2017 at 02:44 AM.

I never knew how big the difference was between senate and house membership since comparing Ron's career with Rand's.

A single senator can sure make a bigger stink than a single representative.

Rand, you're not alone. Great work!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    I never knew how big the difference was between senate and house membership since comparing Ron's career with Rand's.

A single senator can sure make a bigger stink than a single representative.

Rand, you're not alone. Great work!
    Quite honestly this was why although I know Rand would have been a better president than Trump, that it was actually not bad that Trump won and Rand remained in the Senate.

I literally posted (shortly after the election) that with the Senate so split that Rand would turn out to be the swing vote on just about every issue and that would help get some of the Trump's good stuff passed and block some of the bad stuff.

Trump can be the bull in the China shop upsetting the apple cart (see: war on the MSM) and Rand can be (IS) the powerful swing man.

In many ways, Rand in this particular Senate is the most powerful man in American politics - he's certainly right up there with Trump.

I'm very concerned that Trump and Alex Jones are judas goats...but it is undeniable that Rand is very powerful and influential.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 07-08-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Can we kick Rand Paul out of the Republican party all he does is cause trouble
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    We need more trouble makers in politics in the West. Moar Le Pen's, Farage's, Rands and yes dare I say...Trump's. It's nice to see Trump going to war with the MSM, CNN in particular. $#@! em all.

It would sure be nice to see Trump aim his guns at the Fed though ;-)
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

I stand with Rand.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

Strawman Fallacy.

I voted for Ron Paul, who hardly ran a "purist" campaign, and I support the Institute, which has ultra-Progressive Dennis Kucinich on its Advisory Board.

The issue is that you're getting played. Everyone likes to talk about "controlled opposition" but you can't see it when it slaps you in the face. Rand doesn't "go to war" with the Republican Party. In fact he serves a very important function for the party, getting people like you to continue to vote for it. He makes big bold proclamations, he holds meaningless protests, and in the end what does he do? He votes the party line and endorses Romney, Trump, et. al. bringing many of his constitutes with him. It all end sup being political theater with the end result being those who should oppose the neocons end up voting to put them in power.

Its not me being a "purist," its me not being a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yes, Rand Paul is a neo-con enemy of liberty. I have my bitches and gripes regarding some of his actions but you need to get a grip. He's right on this one.
    I never said he was a neocon. I said he enables them. Rand Paul is nothing but political theater. He serves the purposes of the party by being the one they dangle out in front of the classical liberals and libertarians to draw our attention and win our loyalty. And then, when it comes down to it, he votes for whatever narcissistic warmonger that actually leads the party, whether Romney or Trump, and convinces many of his constitutes who otherwise wouldn't vote for the current Neocon Nominee to do the same.

I never said he was a neocon. I said he enables them. Rand Paul is nothing but political theater. He serves the purposes of the party by being the one they dangle out in front of the classical liberals and libertarians to draw our attention and win our loyalty. And then, when it comes down to it, he votes for whatever narcissistic warmonger that actually leads the party, whether Romney or Trump, and convinces many of his constitutes who otherwise wouldn't vote for the current Neocon Nominee to do the same.
    Well, his actions don't cause me to support the party, so I suppose you are speaking of others. I'm glad that, at the least, there is a Senator. So go on with your too cool to be a fool bad ass self. He's one of the few with national appeal that is out right calling for a repeal. Cut and dry.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    He's a "Blame America Firster." And, like his Dad, a "liberal left wing radical."