Thread: Ron Paul says Sanctuary Cities Policy is "National Suicide"

Lightbulb Ron Paul says Sanctuary Cities Policy is "National Suicide"

Easy road to US citizenship is totally wrong: Ron Paul
    https://finance.yahoo.com/video/easy...133044687.html

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-05-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Video embedded.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You quoted Ron incorrectly. he doesn't say that sanctuary cities are "national suicide." Indeed, he said as a libertarian he thinks people should be able to come and go from America "easily."

What Ron says is "national suicide" is an "easy road to citizenship." And why? Because he thinks that doing so will just add more people to the welfare coffers. Important to note that Ron understands that illegal immigrants aren't able to access welfare without citizenship and it is the welfare access he si worried about.

So, what then is national suicide? Is it immigration? No. He actually supports immigration. It is the welfare state that is national suicide. And he isn't wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    You quoted Ron incorrectly. he doesn't say that sanctuary cities are "national suicide." Indeed, he said as a libertarian he thinks people should be able to come and go from America "easily."

What Ron says is "national suicide" is an "easy road to citizenship." And why? Because he thinks that doing so will just add more people to the welfare coffers. Important to note that Ron understands that illegal immigrants aren't able to access welfare without citizenship and it is the welfare access he si worried about.

So, what then is national suicide? Is it immigration? No. He actually supports immigration. It is the welfare state that is national suicide. And he isn't wrong there.
    The quotes are around "national suicide", which is the exact words used by Ron. The topic being discussed in the interview is the policy proposed by 21 sanctuary cities pledging to make citizens of other nations (immigrants) into US citizens. The discussion is about that policy, so "Sanctuary Cities Policy" (not in quotes in the title), is a valid title by the OP.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ron is right. It's more of a homicide though, the Democrats want to bring in the illegals to destroy the Constitution and the republic.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Wait, you don't think he opposes sanctuary cities?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Ron is right. It's more of a homicide though, the Democrats want to bring in the illegals to destroy the Constitution and the republic.
    As Ron says in the video "the welfare mentality that prompts this, actually is introducing this whole calamity of the downfall of the system, there are some people who deliberately want this, the cultural Marxists, this is what they want, they want total chaos, so they are delighted with what is happening today."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The quotes are around "national suicide", which is the exact words used by Ron. The topic being discussed in the interview is the policy proposed by 21 sanctuary cities pledging to make citizens of other nations (immigrants) into US citizens. The discussion is about that policy, so "Sanctuary Cities Policy" (not in quotes in the title), is a valid title by the OP.

Just because you used his words doesn't mean you quoted him correctly. When you take someone's quote out of context and skew their meaning you have misquoted them, even when you have used their exact words. Here Ron Paul did not say sanctuary cities are national suicide. He said a policy of rapidly expanding citizenship would be national suicide because it could create more people on welfare. Expanding welfare is national suicide in his opinion. He actually says nothing against sanctuary cities.

Wait, you don't think he opposes sanctuary cities?
    I don't think Ron Paul has said directly whether he supports or opposed sanctuary cities. I do know that in the above video when he is directly asked about them he says that as a libertarian he is pretty "tolerant" of the idea people should be able to enter and leave the USA more easily. I also know that in the past that he has suggested the answer to the "illegal immigrant problem" would be to dismantle the welfare state and give illegal immigrants a " a 'green card' with an asterisk" instead of deportation. In the video above he seems mostly offended by the idea that you could come here illegally and jump to the front of the line, bypassing all the people who had come here legally and had been going through the process for years. He thinks it is unfair.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Giving government power to regulate immigration is to allow it a power not specifically delegated to it in The Constitution, thereby centralizing more power into the hands of the federal government in violation of the Tenth Amendment. Does that not also destroy the Constitution and the republic?
    Last edited by PierzStyx; 07-06-2017 at 01:39 PM.

As he once said: http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb...forum-20120201

"I believe Hispanics have been used as scapegoats, to say, they're the problem instead of being a symptom maybe of a problem with the welfare state," Paul told the group. "In Nazi Germany they had to have scapegoats to blame and they turned on the Jews.

"Now there's a lot of antagonism and resentment turned just automatically on immigrants," he continued. "You say, no not immigrants, it's just illegal immigrants. I do believe in legal immigration. I want to have a provision to obey those laws. You have to understand this in the context of the economy."

Paul said he's not one of those politicians who believes that "barbed-wire fences and guns on our border will solve any of our problems." That's not, he said, the American way. And he doesn't think that a national identification card is the way to go.

What the country does need, he said, is "a much better immigration service" fed by more resources. Not that he'd "vote for extra money." But he does, he told the crowd, have a plan.

Close. The democrats want minorities to help them get re-elected.

As Ron says in the video "the welfare mentality that prompts this, actually is introducing this whole calamity of the downfall of the system, there are some people who deliberately want this, the cultural Marxists, this is what they want, they want total chaos, so they are delighted with what is happening today."
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Close. The democrats want minorities to help them get re-elected.
    Ron said that the cultural Marxists want the downfall of the system.

Ron said that the cultural Marxists want the downfall of the system.
    I believe that to be correct.

Unfortunately, it's already been destroyed- War Between the States and 1913 pretty much abolished any republic still left standing.
    There is no spoon.