Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN threatens to reveal the identity of meme creator if he does not live up to his apology

CNN threatens to reveal the identity of meme creator if he does not live up to his apology

This is incredible, a news organization threatening publicly a private citizen with doxxing who wished to remain anonymous. This sounds like the mob threatening him to an apologize and threatened again to reveal his identity.

How CNN found the Reddit user behind the Trump wrestling GIF
    http://archive.is/o7izm#selection-1229.0-1233.73
    CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.
    CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
    This was for the rest of us. "In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same." In other words CNN wants you to only post what they approve of. If you do not do so they will find you and reveal your identity.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-04-2017 at 08:56 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's only acceptable to dox if you're the government or one of it's propaganda pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's only acceptable to dox if you're the government or one of it's propaganda pieces.
    What do you think their end game is? They could have just let this all go as joke and come off looking clean. Instead they ratcheted up the propaganda and just when it was over they incite their adversaries again with something like this. Are they that foolish to believe that using this case as an example to threaten all anti-CNN meme creators online anonymity is going to stop people from producing memes about them?

At the very least I suspect it is going to be a great week of anti-CNN memes.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    What do you think their end game is? They could have just let this all go as joke and come off looking clean. Instead they ratcheted up the propaganda and just when it was over they incite their adversaries again with something like this. Are they that foolish to believe that using this case as an example to threaten all anti-CNN meme creators online anonymity is going to stop people from producing memes about them?

At the very least I suspect it is going to be a great week of anti-CNN memes.
    And that, in and of itself, accomplishes it's own end. No?

And they just accused Dump of blackmail.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politi...eet/index.html

CNN did a serious story on how "hateful" this Tweet is. They are the worst, quoting the ADL.

This is why impossible to take the left wing media seriously. I really hope Trump doesn't let up at all.

CNN is right, that tweet was very offensive, and Trump should have never beat up an innocent person like that, let alone tweet about it.

I can see why this is big news.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

If true, why is that so wrong to post? If the majority of people that work for CNN are Jewish it confirms a bias. The same as if the majority was any other ethnic or religious group.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-04-2017 at 10:22 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

CNN did a serious story on how "hateful" this Tweet is. They are the worst, quoting the ADL.

This is why impossible to take the left wing media seriously. I really hope Trump doesn't let up at all.
    That is crazy. This is a serious news channel amd this is what they report? I knew things were bad but this is just nuts.

CNN can get some 8====D~~~
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

How did CNN determine his identity? Isn't it hard to see the IP address of the user unless you have access to the logs?

Means Reddit cooperated with them, mind yourself if you use that forum.
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    How did CNN determine his identity? Isn't it hard to see the IP address of the user unless you have access to the logs?

OR they already knew him and just carrying on the hype.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

Minor correction, CNN did not fo a story about how hateful the tweet is, instead they did a story about the tweeter(person behind the tweet) and his unsavory history of tweets.

Also from the story.

The apology came after CNN's KFile identified the man behind "HanA**holeSolo." Using identifying information that "HanA**holeSolo" posted on Reddit
    Essentially, the man snitched on himself. I just hope govt stays out of this doxxing business. This is also the reason why I would never give details online that would help anyone ID me.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The apology came after CNN's KFile identified the man behind "HanA**holeSolo." Using identifying information that "HanA**holeSolo" posted on Reddit, KFile was able to determine key biographical details, to find the man's name using a Facebook search and ultimately corroborate details he had made available on Reddit

Here is your answer.

Worse for CNN if the rumor is true that they were threatening a 15 year old kid.

This is blowing up all over and #CNNBlackmail is trending but CNN website still has the original article above as the main article of their front page. I guess holiday hours no one is paying attention there to take the PR disaster down.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-05-2017 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

If true, why is that so wrong to post? If the majority of people that work for CNN are Jewish it confirms a bias. The same as if the majority was any other ethnic or religious group.
    I think I may have missed something, how does being Jewish factor in?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

But even if reddit gave up his IP, they still need someone who has access to his ISP's account information.

At this point, I would imagine that the Surveillance/Police State has access to every ISP database and can easily identify anyone.

If CNN claims that this makes the prez and his supporters look bad, then why are they so sensitive about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

The internet has been mobilized.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    CNN is right, that tweet was very offensive, and Trump should have never beat up an innocent person like that, let alone tweet about it.

I can see why this is big news.
    Sometimes I feel for the Texan. I mean, you had to know that person wasn't really innocent if Trump was beating him up. But I understand... It gets really confusing to know who to defend when the media and the government seem to be at odds.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Sometimes I feel for the Texan. I mean, you had to know that person wasn't really innocent if Trump was beating him up. But I understand... It gets really confusing to know who to defend when the media and the government seem to be at odds.
    Occasionally I find myself agreeing with The Texan. Those are the moments when I scratch my head.
    "I am a bird"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CNN (and POTUS) sure knows how to engineer pointless distractions to keep their ratings up and avoid reporting on anything of substance.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-05-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    CNN (and POTUS) sure knows how to engineer pointless distractions to keep their ratings up and avoid reporting on anything of substance.
    Zactly

Idiots everywhere have fallen for it, absolutely no reasoning with those folks. Trump supporters are even worse.
    No - No - No - No

Just about sums this up for CNN right now

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Zactly

Idiots everywhere have fallen for it, absolutely no reasoning with those folks. Trump supporters are even worse.
    translation: Trump supporters are even worse than idiots.

Banned

Blog Entries
    And CNN threatened the wrong guy. Wikileaks has pointed out the meme Trump posted on twitter is different in a few way than the one Hanaholesolo posted. The actual match was from Jan 12, 2017, around when trump called CNN fake news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast