Thread: NH - 80 y/o woman attacked by rabid bobcat, son shoots the animal

Exclamation NH - 80 y/o woman attacked by rabid bobcat, son shoots the animal

OK...surely a sign of the end times...

80-year-old woman attacked, mauled by rabid bobcat in garden

http://www.breitbart.com/news/80-yea...cat-in-garden/

by AP 28 Jun 2017

SUNAPEE, N.H. (AP) — An 80-year-old New Hampshire woman fought off a rabid bobcat with the help of her two dogs and her gardening sickle.

Elsie Dabrowski says she was gardening Sunday at her Sunapee home when the animal attacked , biting her face, arm and back. She says her only thoughts at the moment were “why is this stupid cat attacking me?”

Dabrowski tried to fight off the bobcat with a sickle, but it was ultimately chased off by her dogs. Her adult son heard the commotion and rushed outside with a shotgun, which he used to kill the bobcat. The animal carcass tested positive for rabies.

Dabrowski needed over 50 stiches to close her wounds, but she says she feels thankful it wasn’t worse.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation Bobcats!

That is all.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Ouch. I hope she pulls through it. Rabies is one of the few things that make me cringe.

Was hoping for video. Was disappoint.

Does this increase the value of my bobcat tooth necklace ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Ouch. I hope she pulls through it. Rabies is one of the few things that make me cringe.
    Yes, it does the same to me.

Fortunately there is effective treatment, that is not nearly as painful as it was years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, it does the same to me.

Fortunately there is effective treatment, that is not nearly as painful as it was years ago.
    I just take the same vaccine as my dog. A little more than twice the amount because of the weight difference. Vaccines are safe so I figured...

I've never had rabies so it must work.

Mosquitos kill millions of people per yr ( malaria ) , in the US , deer colliding with autos kill about 130 per yr , bee stings about 50 , black widows , brown recluse and rattlers about 12 per yr or about the same ea as the new jersey shark attacks of 1912 . About one per yr avg on mountain lions or about the same as Griz. Without medical help this bobcat attack would be fatal . I do not recall that before .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess there has been a person killed by bobcat in motorcycle collision .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I guess there has been a person killed by bobcat in motorcycle collision .
    I have ridden a few Bobcats, never hit a motorcyclist though.
    Last edited by Danke; 06-28-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I have a big bobcat right here in the woods , probably 50 lb , and another up top of the next ridge a few miles North of here . Saw mine in the driveway one night . Got a good look at him before he leaped up the hill towards the frog pond the deer , doves and turkeys drink from.
    Do something Danke

Never seen a raccoon do it but one of my oldest brothers friends bit someone on the face once. He pulled up to our house on his motorcycle (he was a biker) looking for my brother and yelled at some $#@!s flying down the street. The guys stopped and got out the car talking $#@! and Pokey grabbed him by the ears and bit his face. Dudes took off screaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Never seen a raccoon do it but one of my oldest brothers friends bit someone on the face once. He pulled up to our house on his motorcycle (he was a biker) looking for my brother and yelled at some $#@!s flying down the street. The guys stopped and got out the car talking $#@! and Pokey grabbed him by the ears and bit his face. Dudes took off screaming.

Was there a lot of blood?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    Was there a lot of blood?
    Yeah. Pokey was fun he would spin me like an airplane. My mom wouldn't let him in our house, though.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yeah. Pokey was fun he would spin me like an airplane. My mom wouldn't let him in our house, though.
    My Great Grandma would not let my Uncle Gar in the house when he got out of the Pen , he never bit anyone that I know of but he shot some . I sure would like to have one of those pearl or ivory handled Colts he had .
    Do something Danke

Mosquitos kill millions of people per yr ( malaria ) , in the US , deer colliding with autos kill about 130 per yr , bee stings about 50 , black widows , brown recluse and rattlers about 12 per yr or about the same ea as the new jersey shark attacks of 1912 . About one per yr avg on mountain lions or about the same as Griz. Without medical help this bobcat attack would be fatal . I do not recall that before .
    I believe we need a "War on Bobcats" to stop this increasing threat! I propose we all give up our liberty and wealth in order to prevent the next lone wolf - er, I mean, bobcat! I'm sure we can eradicate this scourge from the face of the Earth! (given enough time and resources) Obviously, if you don't agree you must want people to die!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wait.. the son wasn't arrested? Is he a cop?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I believe we need a "War on Bobcats" to stop this increasing threat! I propose we all give up our liberty and wealth in order to prevent the next lone wolf - er, I mean, bobcat! I'm sure we can eradicate this scourge from the face of the Earth! (given enough time and resources) Obviously, if you don't agree you must want people to die!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I never trusted bobcats and the one in my woods has particular nasty habits of urinating near my chicken coop like he is staking it out . Count me in . Have the CIA send me all the AK's and RPG's they have .
    Do something Danke

I never trusted bobcats and the one in my woods has particular nasty habits of urinating near my chicken coop like he is staking it out . Count me in . Have the CIA send me all the AK's and RPG's they have .
    He's marking his turf. You should urinate on it to scare him off. It's a well known fact the biggest urinator wins a pissing contest.