Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Device Allows Cops To Download All Of Your Smartphone Activity In Seconds

New Device Allows Cops To Download All Of Your Smartphone Activity In Seconds

theantimedia.org
    New Device Allows Cops To Download All Of Your Smartphone Activity In Seconds

“Any person who operates a motor vehicle in the state shall be deemed to have given consent to field testing of his or her mobile telephone and/or personal electronic device for the purpose of determining the use thereof while operating a motor vehicle, provided that such testing is conducted by or at the direction of a police officer.”

That’s language from the text of a bill currently working its way through the New York state legislature. The legislation would allow cops to search through drivers’ cell phones following traffic incidents — even minor fender-benders — to determine if the person was using their phone while behind the wheel.

New York state isn’t alone. Currently, similar legislation is being considered in Tennessee and New Jersey.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-28-2017 at 10:25 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

My husband's car was totalled by a texting driver. Not long aftere that, I met a man who lost his leg in an accident caused by a texting driver. If there is an accident, there is a victim, and the police should be allowed to declare a crime scene (on public streets) and look for evidence.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    My husband's car was totalled by a texting driver. Not long aftere that, I met a man who lost his leg in an accident caused by a texting driver. If there is an accident, there is a victim, and the police should be allowed to declare a crime scene (on public streets) and look for evidence.
    Yes, allowing Officers to have a device that instantly reveals your phone activity is a small price to pay for safety

I feel much safer already
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yes, allowing Officers to have a device that instantly reveals your phone activity is a small price to pay for safety

Cops can have all my smart phones for a 6 pack of beer .
    Do something Danke

I'm sure someone has come out with an app that will cloud everything you have then wipe the phone at a prompt. It doesn't matter. I'm not even a techie, in fact the opposite, but I can imagine everything you do on your phone is catalog and stored.

Not safety. As proof to insurance companies and the courts. A man who loses his leg to a texter desrves his day in court.
    #NashvilleStrong

Not safety. As proof to insurance companies and the courts. A man who loses his leg to a texter desrves his day in court.
    Why stop at that? How about a forced blood extraction? They're doing that now. It's no difference.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Why stop at that? How about a forced blood extraction? They're doing that now. It's no difference.
    You all keep saying no victim no crime. A lost limb means there is a victim.

We had plenty of inconvenience for our own situation. Six months later still no settlement and the woman who darn near killed my husband owns a half a million dollar home and was driving a brand new Ford. She never answered the phone when the insurance companies called. She didn't stop texting the whole time the police were there.

I think she should have gone to jail but the lazy cop didn't even give her a ticket.
    Last edited by euphemia; 06-28-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

You all keep saying no victim no crime. A lost limb means there is a victim.

We had plenty of inconvenience for our own situation. Six months later still no settlement and the woman who darn near killed my husband owns a half a million dollar home and was driving a brand new Ford. She never answered the phone when the insurance companies called. She didn't stop texting the whole time the police were there.

I think she should have gone to jail but the lazy cop didn't even give her a ticket.
    Yup, this. If only police had easy access to the contents of your phone whenever they thought necessary,, that could have been easily avoided.

I would say we should write our congressmen, but I think they're probably already on top of this one.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

If you are a fault for an accident, it does matter to me whether you were eating, putting on makeup or texting. Some people have the talent, others don't, but your liability should remain the same.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yup, this. If only police had easy access to the contents of your phone whenever they thought necessary,, that could have been easily avoided.

I would say we should write our congressmen, but I think they're probably already on top of this one.
    They are the ones who made the law with no teeth. Our state rep is one of the most corrupt in the state.
    #NashvilleStrong

The police don't need access any time. Just when they have been called to the scene of the crime. The evidence should be collected. The woman is lucky I wasn't there. Her phone would be at the bottom of the Stones River.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    If you are a fault for an accident, it does matter to me whether you were eating, putting on makeup or texting. Some people have the talent, others don't, but your liability should remain the same.
    I agree, most forms of distracted driving should be illegal. With a few exceptions obviously.
    - Kim Kardashian

Husband was the one who forced her to call her insurance company. I told him since he has the same kind of phone he should have imported every single one of her contacts. It was a bad wreck and he was pretty shaken up.
    #NashvilleStrong

They are the ones who made the law with no teeth. Our state rep is one of the most corrupt in the state.
    The police don't need access any time. Just when they have been called to the scene of the crime. The evidence should be collected. The woman is lucky I wasn't there. Her phone would be at the bottom of the Stones River.
    Cant the police just look up the phone's activity from their computers?
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cant the police just look up the phone's activity from their computers?
    I would think that most phone companies would give records over if given a subpoena. But, it'd be much easier if cops have access to your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I would think that most phone companies would give records over if given a subpoena. But, it'd be much easier if cops have access to your phone.
    Whats the point of all this phone metadata we're collecting if our brave Officers can't use it when they need it
    - Kim Kardashian

Once this is law and on the books it will enable the police to set up text compliance check points similar to sobriety check points. They will stop you for no reason and check your phone usage and download all your activity at the same time. A big win for collecting all your data. They will collect data from every person's phone not just people that were not even using their phones.

When authorities error they will do so to make you have to take off time and incur the expense of going to court to plead your case. Wonderful system because if you are not guilty you can just mail in a fine, or go to court several times to plead your innocence.

I would imagine it won't be too far down the road when people will get a discount to just admit guilt and pay the fine electronically on the spot. Obviously not a discount just costs someone more that does not pay on the spot. Either way immediate payment would enhance cash flow and free up the clerks and file keeping process.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I would imagine it won't be too far down the road when people will get a discount to just admit guilt and pay the fine electronically on the spot. Obviously not a discount just costs someone more that does not pay on the spot. Either way immediate payment would enhance cash flow and free up the clerks and file keeping process.
    Thats a really good idea. Officers could then even be paid based on commission, and the state wouldnt even need to pay salaries anymore.
    - Kim Kardashian

Since technology is going to take over everything including our jobs, I would think that cellular companies could easily incorporate a bluetooth text to voice app so that drivers don't have to look at their phone. Messages are converted to the audio voice of your choice and played over your sound system. Phones already have voice texting.

I am sure that the drivers of these vehicles are not distracted. These drivers definitely exercise hands free technology.

Last edited by Schifference; 06-29-2017 at 06:27 AM.

I think I'm going back to a flip phone
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

This police access to your phone doesn't just reveal your texts. Phones can also contain your contacts, phone calls, passwords, emails, financial accounts, financial transactions, personal identity information, documents, business transactions, purchases, addresses you visited, travel history and more.

One more big brother power in the total surveillance state.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    land line.. at home .. only
    *smart* devices are banned at my house
    I don't text
    I don't want to text
    as for my contacts.. they can damn well sit outside the house and watch to see who comes up the driveway and take notes.. with a real pen and paper pad

soon I'll have to ask if I'm being detained for not having a stupid device
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Agree. The distraction doesn't matter. It's who is at fault.

Husband was the one who forced her to call her insurance company. I told him since he has the same kind of phone he should have imported every single one of her contacts. It was a bad wreck and he was pretty shaken up.
    Did the Police determine who was at fault? Texting does not equal fault. Did someone run a red light or stop sign? Illegal lane change or turn? Speeding? Rear ender?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

good luck scanning my flip phone from 2005 lol
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    land line.. at home .. only
    *smart* devices are banned at my house
    I don't text
    I don't want to text
    as for my contacts.. they can damn well sit outside the house and watch to see who comes up the driveway and take notes.. with a real pen and paper pad

soon I'll have to ask if I'm being detained for not having a stupid device
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    good luck scanning my flip phone from 2005 lol

Luddites.

you folks should get together with AF and form a club. Maybe hold meetings at a Walmart parking lot.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    This police access to your phone doesn't just reveal your texts. Phones can also contain your contacts, phone calls, passwords, emails, financial accounts, financial transactions, personal identity information, documents, business transactions, purchases, addresses you visited, travel history and more.

One more big brother power in the total surveillance state.
    and nudie pics. cops are gonna be trading all those nudie pics, no doubt.

Luddites.

you folks should get together with AF and form a club. Maybe hold meetings at a Walmart parking lot.
    I don't shop at walmarx
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast