Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 96

Thread: WalMart Warns Truckers It Will No Longer Work With Them If They Move Goods For Amazon

  1. #31
    I understand from a price perspective why some agree to shop at Wal-Mart. I shop a lot at Harbor Freight because of it's low priced crap that actually works for some of my needs. But, Harbor Freight is horrible for service. Their cash registers are as under <insert gender neutral word here> as Wal-Marts are.
    I've been in Lowe's hardware store where an employee has walked me all over the store for something before finally admitting she wasn't allowed to tell me she didn't know where something was.
    I'll take a mom-and-pops store any day.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Is 'staff' a gender-neutral word? On the one hand, it isn't exactly specific that way. On the other hand, it does kind of have phallic overtones...
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    i agree , give the money to people ( better wages ) and you will see the multiplier effect ( velocity of money ) , giving it to big business does very little to help .
    Thank you Robert Reich for your outstanding economic analysis. This is something these libertardians will just never get. If you just hand poor people money, they will do the hard work of spending. Those Smart TVs won't buy themselves. Think of all the people who will be employed at the TV factory on down to the person stocking the shelves. Rich people will do pointless things like saving and investing.

    I strongly favor the creation of a Federal Department of Spending. All it will do is give people money to spend. That is what drives the economy. So if someone doesn't have money to spend, or is getting low, this new department will give them money. Just get that circular flow going. It's the multiplier stupid. It works in Cuba. They have 0% unemployment. America should copy success.

    They say money can't buy happiness. But the Federal Department of Spending can. See, look at how good the people in Cuba have it. Everyone has a classic car.

    Last edited by Krugminator2; 06-28-2017 at 05:52 PM.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is 'staff' a gender-neutral word? On the one hand, it isn't exactly specific that way. On the other hand, it does kind of have phallic overtones...
    Exactly.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Thank you Robert Reich for your outstanding economic analysis. This is something these libertardians will just never get. If you just hand poor people money, they will do the hard work of spending. Those Smart TVs won't buy themselves. Think of all the people who will be employed at the TV factory on down to the person stocking the shelves. Rich people will do pointless things like saving and investing.
    This concept was once understood. Back during the Coolidge days, what they used to say was, 'A rising tide floats all boats.' But clearly most of the wealth and control has been concentrated in few enough hands that they no longer need concern themselves with currency velocity or wide customer bases. Clearly they're more concerned with getting themselves nice little things like monopolies on printing all the world's money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I strongly favor the creation of a Federal Department of Spending. All it will do is give people money to spend. That is what drives the economy. So if someone doesn't have money to spend or is getting low this new department will give them money. Just get that circular flow going. It's the multiplier stupid. It works in Cuba. They have 0% unemployment. America should copy success.
    Yeah? You think the government needs to do this thing?

    How about we stop deliberately destroying the economy with wealth-sapping wars and opportunity-destroying regulations, stop devaluing the currency so wages won't be left behind by inflation, and let people have the satisfaction of earning their living wage?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  8. #36
    eBay usually wins, but I search them all, eBay, Amazon, aliexpress/baba, Walmart, etc. Isn't the Internetz great? Reviews help me to stay away from any crap, especially what an Injun might try to pawn off on me.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    This concept was once understood. Back during the Coolidge days, what they used to say was, 'A rising tide floats all boats.' But clearly most of the wealth and control has been concentrated in few enough hands that they no longer need concern themselves with currency velocity or wide customer bases. Clearly they're more concerned with getting themselves nice little things like monopolies on printing all the world's money.
    Exactly. Andrew Carnegie, Andrew Mellon, and John D. Rockefeller were all known for the high wages they paid employees. At the same they were worth many multiples what the richest people are worth today in today's dollars. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orical_figures A rising tide lifts all boats. Employers today skimp on wages and are worth less too. When will Google start paying living wages? https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Goo...ries-E9079.htm Things were so much better 100 years ago.

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I understand from a price perspective why some agree to shop at Wal-Mart. I shop a lot at Harbor Freight because of it's low priced crap that actually works for some of my needs. But, Harbor Freight is horrible for service. Their cash registers are as under <insert gender neutral word here> as Wal-Marts are.
    I've been in Lowe's hardware store where an employee has walked me all over the store for something before finally admitting she wasn't allowed to tell me she didn't know where something was.
    I'll take a mom-and-pops store any day.
    just bought an pneumatic wrench from Harbor. Watched an expert compare it with a much more expensive Snap-on and it had similar performance.
    Last edited by Danke; 06-28-2017 at 06:39 PM.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Thank you Robert Reich for your outstanding economic analysis. This is something these libertardians will just never get. If you just hand poor people money, they will do the hard work of spending. Those Smart TVs won't buy themselves. Think of all the people who will be employed at the TV factory on down to the person stocking the shelves. Rich people will do pointless things like saving and investing.

    I strongly favor the creation of a Federal Department of Spending. All it will do is give people money to spend. That is what drives the economy. So if someone doesn't have money to spend, or is getting low, this new department will give them money. Just get that circular flow going. It's the multiplier stupid. It works in Cuba. They have 0% unemployment. America should copy success.

    They say money can't buy happiness. But the Federal Department of Spending can. See, look at how good the people in Cuba have it. Everyone has a classic car.


    Are those EMP proof?

    Are resident Luddites here might want that...
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    eBay usually wins, but I search them all, eBay, Amazon, aliexpress/baba, Walmart, etc. Isn't the Internetz great? Reviews help me to stay away from any crap, especially what an Injun might try to pawn off on me.
    The quality of my goods exceeds ali babba , walmart and amazon . Since walmart has the worst ever service I will also guarantee my customer service meets that .
    Do something Danke



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The quality of my goods exceeds ali babba , walmart and amazon . Since walmart has the worst ever service I will also guarantee my customer service meets that .

    Yeah, but they don't try to get the goods back later.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    just bought an pneumatic wrench from Harbor. Watch an expert compare it with a much more expensive Snap-on and it had similar performance.
    That would be an Earthquake XT half inch 1190lbs impact ? . Same amount of torque foot pounds as Snap On and weighs a quarter pound less they say . 90 day free trial. They have them on sale here 160.49 including tax .
    Do something Danke

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yeah, but they don't try to get the goods back later.
    Nobody wants chinese stuff back . They want to sell you another .
    Do something Danke

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That would be an Earthquake XT half inch 1190lbs impact ? . Same amount of torque foot pounds as Snap On and weighs a quarter pound less they say . 90 day free trial. They have them on sale here 160.49 including tax .
    That's the one. Got it for $129 + tax.


    Last edited by Danke; 06-28-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    That's the one. Got it for $129 + tax.


    Let me know what you think , they are 149.99 here but they do run 20 percent off coupons . I need to replace muh 2 old Craftsmans I bought used for 10 bucks ea some time . I was thinking of going to Menards and getting a battery operated one but they are more .
    Do something Danke

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    i agree , give the money to people ( better wages ) and you will see the multiplier effect ( velocity of money ) , giving it to big business does very little to help .
    Giving people anything more than the market demands is inefficient.
    *******

    I didn't start out thinking that anti-vax people were fools or impervious to reason, it's from my experience here that I now think that.
    - AmyPi 2014 (RIP)

    Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    And I didn't drive by places like this with people living in it every time I'm in WV, I'd say they should do all the drinking and fishing they want.

    Those homes predate Walmart, son! Those are coal mining towns. Or at least they used to be.
    *******

    I didn't start out thinking that anti-vax people were fools or impervious to reason, it's from my experience here that I now think that.
    - AmyPi 2014 (RIP)

    Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yep. 50/50. I've ordered 6 things on Ebay. I've received 3. And that's counting the fake Samsung sd card.

    On the other hand, I've ordered hundreds of things on amazon without issue. Although I did want to buy my baby a dark purple acoustic guitar on Amazon that turned out to be a 'seconds' listing that wasn't clearly stated. I asked the seller about it when I saw how cheap they were being listed and learned that they were factory seconds so I ended up buying straight from the manufacturer.

    I'm likely gonna buy a DSLR camera and a few pairs of those tight yoga pants I like so much in the next couple months and I guarantee I'll buy them on amazon.
    Amazon is infested with scammers, too. Tons of fake reviews. And those yoga pants will be extra tight if you're not careful. A lot of their clothes are Chinese knock offs sized for children.

    I've only ever had one problem with an Ebay seller not shipping my stuff and I've always gotten my Amazon stuff. I think they're both okay for different things but I much prefer just buying something where it's easy to return it if it doesn't work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

    Just because you don't understand what they're saying doesn't make them wrong.

    Try this on for size, and see if it's clear enough to introduce you to the concept:



    So, you see, the corporations pay their taxes and still have change left over, because other people (like you) pay taxes, and those other people (like you) help keep their employees in food and rent so the corporations don't have to pay a living wage. Enough change left over, in fact, to make some nice brib--er, I mean campaign contributions.
    You sound like you're making an argument for the minimum wage.

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    just bought an pneumatic wrench from Harbor. Watched an expert compare it with a much more expensive Snap-on and it had similar performance.
    My dad gave me their oscillating saw. I think they sell for $15-$20. I've used it at least twice a week for years now. The blades are pricey but so are everyone else's. I just buy them when they are on sale.


  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    You sound like you're making an argument for the minimum wage.
    You think in terms of band-aids. I think in terms of killing the psycho with the knife.

    No Fed, no more bleeding the working class. That beats the $#@! out of stitching up the wound after the attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You think in terms of band-aids. I think in terms of killing the psycho with the knife.

    No Fed, no more bleeding the working class. That beats the $#@! out of stitching up the wound after the attack.
    I'm all for ending the Fed and having a free market currency. But I feel strongly that the root cause of most of our problems is unlimited democracy. People who don't pay a net positive (taxes - benefits) shouldn't vote. Walmart is not the problem, government is.

  27. #53
    So, you take a sniff, mistake an anti-Fed argument for a minimum wage argument, and jump off board? Do you think victims of inflation and the systematic destruction of manufacturing jobs should be stripped of the right to vote, but corporations should get to vote even though they are things, not people? You say government is the problem, not the corporations, but I don't see you acknowledging who or what it is that is paying the lobbyists to make the particular bribes they make.

    My what a fine job of dividing and conquering has been done to us! Trump fires up his Twit account and convinces the world that American Republicans in particular, and all white males in general, are a bunch of bullies. A bunch of genuine California fruits and nuts shut down one backwater joke of a state college and convinces the world that all Democrats are a bunch of bullies. There are a whole world of reasonable people in between, but the mainstream propaganda mafia refuses to point their cameras that direction, so everyone decides they don't exist. Or rather, everyone knows reasonable people exist, but we're so insular and fed such ridiculous images, that people get the mistaken impression that all the reasonable people decide all the other reasonable people are on 'their side of the damned aisle'.

    And then come the litmus tests. 'What you say smells like an argument for minimum wage so I stopped listening to you.' Well so the $#@! what if it smells that way? Should we all stick our noses in the air and run away if someone comes along who thinks there are worse band-aids than minimum wage laws? No wonder this site's traffic is in the toilet and this movement got itself stuck in the mud! This site was literally banning people for pointing out that Trump was a totalitarian, a Democrat in drag, and an orange clown and third grade bully who was about as likely to keep more than two percent of his campaign promises as Carrier was to manufacture 100% of its air conditioners in the U.S. Literally banning people over telling the truth.

    This movement was founded on as many Democrats as Republicans. This movement was not founded on party lines. Libertarianism has always, always found as much virtue in the personal liberties the Democrats used to pay lip service to as in the economic liberties the Republicans used to pay lip service to. And the libertarian movement has always drawn disaffected people from both sides of the artificial construct called 'The Aisle'. It cannot thrive unless it draws from both sides of 'The Aisle'. It cannot survive without people from both sides of 'The Aisle'. And that's why the Powers that Be have redoubled their efforts to divide us along party lines. They have used everything they can think of to do it. They pushed a Republican candidate who looks, talks, acts and tweets like a third grade playground bully. They gave a whole lot of air time to a socialist clown in their abortive attempt to make Clinton look reasonable. With all the reasonable, well spoken conservatives available to them, they put Duck Dynasty on cable TV. They publicize 'woke people' spewing racism and sexism and claiming they are incapable of spewing racism and sexism.

    And how do we respond? Do we redouble our efforts to reach out to the people the mainstream propaganda mafia are trying to demonize? Do we use a desire for a higher minimum wage as a starting point to educate people on how the Fed not only makes popping bubbles more destructive than ever before, but make the band-aid of minimum wage laws seem necessary? Do we turn that into a movement to end the Fed? Do we demonstrate that we are as reasonable as the Republicans are dogmatic and silly? Do we short circuit the divide and conquer tactics by reaching out? Do we concentrate on making the case that the only compassionate course is creating opportunity?

    Oh, $#@! no. Donald Trump throws us a few campaign promises he will never keep, and like Pavlov's Dogs, we start salivating, choose the lesser evil, go rabid in our defense of the great evil which is the lesser evil, commence banning longtime, beloved members of the site because they were once Democrats, apply litmus tests and pass judgment even though we can't tell a minimum wage argument from an anti-Fed argument, and take the side of politician-bribing corporations over citizens of the land because even though those citizens are working sixty hours a week, inflation has so eroded the value of their wages that they can't even house and feed themselves, much less pay taxes!

    And then we can't figure out how the media can get away with labeling us heartless and make it stick.

    Yeah. Stick a fork in this site and stick a fork in this movement. An orange clown threw us a few empty campaign promises and we torpedoes and sank ourselves. They finally found a candidate so mind-numbingly stupid to hand the one nomination to, and one so incredibly evil to hand the other nomination to, that we abandoned everything we worked for over nearly a decade and promptly voted for the evil that scared us slightly less than that other evil. Yay. It looked good for a minute there, but oh $#@!ing well.

    Nobody should listen to anyone who doesn't pay taxes. Indeed. Judging from what we're getting from this federal government--specifically, bent over and $#@!ed--I don't think any individual should pay taxes. This government doesn't listen to anyone who doesn't bribe them, so let those who can afford bribes pay all the taxes. Nobody else is getting any value from the bastards at all.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-02-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  28. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, you take a sniff, mistake an anti-Fed argument for a minimum wage argument, and jump off board? Do you think victims of inflation and the systematic destruction of manufacturing jobs should be stripped of the right to vote, but corporations should get to vote even though they are things, not people? You say government is the problem, not the corporations, but I don't see you acknowledging who or what it is that is paying the lobbyists to make the particular bribes they make.
    So then what's your solution?

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    So then what's your solution?
    Here's mine:

    End the FED
    Bring back the gold standard
    Get rid of central and fractional banking
    Get .gov OUT of business and give REAL capitalism a rebirth (no more crony-capitalism/lobbyists/MIC/etc)

    The economy stabilizes, business and products become better; everyone benefits.

    And a side note on Walmart- it always receives bad press because it will not unionize; I say: Good on Walmart!
    There is no spoon.

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Here's mine:

    End the FED
    Bring back the gold standard
    Get rid of central and fractional banking
    Get .gov OUT of business and give REAL capitalism a rebirth (no more crony-capitalism/lobbyists/MIC/etc)

    The economy stabilizes, business and products become better; everyone benefits.

    And a side note on Walmart- it always receives bad press because it will not unionize; I say: Good on Walmart!
    Walmart is great for promoting low paying jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Walmart is great for promoting low paying jobs.
    They are also good at hiring the un-hireable: handicapped, elderly, extremely overweight, teens, unskilled, etc. They are excellent for workers who can't find a job or who have never had one. They are not supposed to be a career job, anymore than MacDonald's, but a pathway in learning how to work in the real world.

    And if .gov was out of the business of business, a lot of things would change for the better.
    There is no spoon.

  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, you take a sniff, mistake an anti-Fed argument for a minimum wage argument, and jump off board? Do you think victims of inflation and the systematic destruction of manufacturing jobs should be stripped of the right to vote, but corporations should get to vote even though they are things, not people? You say government is the problem, not the corporations, but I don't see you acknowledging who or what it is that is paying the lobbyists to make the particular bribes they make.

    My what a fine job of dividing and conquering has been done to us! Trump fires up his Twit account and convinces the world that American Republicans in particular, and all white males in general, are a bunch of bullies. A bunch of genuine California fruits and nuts shut down one backwater joke of a state college and convinces the world that all Democrats are a bunch of bullies. There are a whole world of reasonable people in between, but the mainstream propaganda mafia refuses to point their cameras that direction, so everyone decides they don't exist. Or rather, everyone knows reasonable people exist, but we're so insular and fed such ridiculous images, that people get the mistaken impression that all the reasonable people decide all the other reasonable people are on 'their side of the damned aisle'.

    And then come the litmus tests. 'What you say smells like an argument for minimum wage so I stopped listening to you.' Well so the $#@! what if it smells that way? Should we all stick our noses in the air and run away if someone comes along who thinks there are worse band-aids than minimum wage laws? No wonder this site's traffic is in the toilet and this movement got itself stuck in the mud! This site was literally banning people for pointing out that Trump was a totalitarian, a Democrat in drag, and an orange clown and third grade bully who was about as likely to keep more than two percent of his campaign promises as Carrier was to manufacture 100% of its air conditioners in the U.S. Literally banning people over telling the truth.

    This movement was founded on as many Democrats as Republicans. This movement was not founded on party lines. Libertarianism has always, always found as much virtue in the personal liberties the Democrats used to pay lip service to as in the economic liberties the Republicans used to pay lip service to. And the libertarian movement has always drawn disaffected people from both sides of the artificial construct called 'The Aisle'. It cannot thrive unless it draws from both sides of 'The Aisle'. It cannot survive without people from both sides of 'The Aisle'. And that's why the Powers that Be have redoubled their efforts to divide us along party lines. They have used everything they can think of to do it. They pushed a Republican candidate who looks, talks, acts and tweets like a third grade playground bully. They gave a whole lot of air time to a socialist clown in their abortive attempt to make Clinton look reasonable. With all the reasonable, well spoken conservatives available to them, they put Duck Dynasty on cable TV. They publicize 'woke people' spewing racism and sexism and claiming they are incapable of spewing racism and sexism.

    And how do we respond? Do we redouble our efforts to reach out to the people the mainstream propaganda mafia are trying to demonize? Do we use a desire for a higher minimum wage as a starting point to educate people on how the Fed not only makes popping bubbles more destructive than ever before, but make the band-aid of minimum wage laws seem necessary? Do we turn that into a movement to end the Fed? Do we demonstrate that we are as reasonable as the Republicans are dogmatic and silly? Do we short circuit the divide and conquer tactics by reaching out? Do we concentrate on making the case that the only compassionate course is creating opportunity?

    Oh, $#@! no. Donald Trump throws us a few campaign promises he will never keep, and like Pavlov's Dogs, we start salivating, choose the lesser evil, go rabid in our defense of the great evil which is the lesser evil, commence banning longtime, beloved members of the site because they were once Democrats, apply litmus tests and pass judgment even though we can't tell a minimum wage argument from an anti-Fed argument, and take the side of politician-bribing corporations over citizens of the land because even though those citizens are working sixty hours a week, inflation has so eroded the value of their wages that they can't even house and feed themselves, much less pay taxes!

    And then we can't figure out how the media can get away with labeling us heartless and make it stick.

    Yeah. Stick a fork in this site and stick a fork in this movement. An orange clown threw us a few empty campaign promises and we torpedoes and sank ourselves. They finally found a candidate so mind-numbingly stupid to hand the one nomination to, and one so incredibly evil to hand the other nomination to, that we abandoned everything we worked for over nearly a decade and promptly voted for the evil that scared us slightly less than that other evil. Yay. It looked good for a minute there, but oh $#@!ing well.

    Nobody should listen to anyone who doesn't pay taxes. Indeed. Judging from what we're getting from this federal government--specifically, bent over and $#@!ed--I don't think any individual should pay taxes. This government doesn't listen to anyone who doesn't bribe them, so let those who can afford bribes pay all the taxes. Nobody else is getting any value from the bastards at all.
    Who has been banned for being anti-Trump?
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    They are also good at hiring the un-hireable: handicapped, elderly, extremely overweight, teens, unskilled, etc. They are excellent for workers who can't find a job or who have never had one. They are not supposed to be a career job, anymore than MacDonald's, but a pathway in learning how to work in the real world.

    And if .gov was out of the business of business, a lot of things would change for the better.
    They get tax breaks for hiring them- that is a government subsidy. https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...h-disabilities

    They have also been the leader in importing goods from China instead of the US. Their purchasing power encouraged more manufacturing to leave the country. They replace "mom and pop" stores where they move in to communities.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc.../#9cc8f57720b7

    Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance

    Walmart's low-wage workers cost U.S. taxpayers an estimated $6.2 billion in public assistance including food stamps, Medicaid and subsidized housing, according to a report published to coincide with Tax Day, April 15.

    Americans for Tax Fairness, a coalition of 400 national and state-level progressive groups, made this estimate using data from a 2013 study by Democratic Staff of the U.S. Committee on Education and the Workforce.

    "The study estimated the cost to Wisconsin’s taxpayers of Walmart’s low wages and benefits, which often force workers to rely on various public assistance programs," reads the report, available in full here.

    "It found that a single Walmart Supercenter cost taxpayers between $904,542 and $1.75 million per year, or between $3,015 and $5,815 on average for each of 300 workers."

    Americans for Tax Fairness then took the mid-point of that range ($4,415) and multiplied it by Walmart’s approximately 1.4 million workers to come up with an estimate of the overall taxpayers' bill for the Bentonville, Ark.-based big box giant's staffers.

    The report provides a state-by-state breakdown of these figures, as well as some context on the other side of the coin: Walmart's huge share of the nationwide SNAP, or food stamp, market.

    "Walmart told analysts last year that the company has captured 18 percent of the SNAP market," it reads. "Using that figure, we estimate that the company accounted for $13.5 billion out of $76 billion in food stamp sales in 2013."

    Walmart spokesperson Randy Hargrove described this week's report as "inaccurate and misleading," referring to its use of extrapolated data and adding that public assistance program eligibility requirements vary from state to state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They get tax breaks for hiring them- that is a government subsidy. https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...h-disabilities

    They have also been the leader in importing goods from China instead of the US. Their purchasing power encouraged more manufacturing to leave the country. They replace "mom and pop" stores where they move in to communities.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc.../#9cc8f57720b7
    Too bad liberals like you are against eliminating those programs that companies like Walmart can take advantage of.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Walmart VS Amazon Prediction
    By worldview in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2017, 03:00 PM
  2. Walmart and Amazon discontinue Halloween Tranny Granny Costume
    By NorthCarolinaLiberty in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-26-2016, 06:50 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 09:41 AM
  4. WSJ: Bernanke Warns Against Move to Audit Fed
    By lx43 in forum Audit The Fed
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 09:36 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 12:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •