Thread: Woman searched at airport after feminine hygiene product alerts scanner

Woman searched at airport after feminine hygiene product alerts scanner

Pull out your tampon and throw it at them.

CHARLOTTE, N.C.

A Charlotte woman said she was headed home from a work conference in Tampa Bay, Florida, but was stopped after going through a Transportation Safety Administration body scanner, according to WSOC-TV.

She said she was told by TSA agents at the airport in Tampa Bay that she needed to be searched again after part of her body lit up on the scanner's screen, the exact spot where she was wearing a typical feminine hygiene product.

"The ladies were like, ‘We're going to have to search your vaginal area and buttocks,’ and I'm like, ‘That makes no sense to me. You can clearly tell that that's a feminine product.’"

She refused the search and argued with TSA agents for about 20 minutes.

“(They said) ‘Ma'am, this is just standard procedure we have to do this. If you don't allow us to do this, you will not be boarding your flight,’" she said. "I'm crying the entire time because to me, this is very personal for you to search me in those areas, and I don't feel comfortable. They called in the police and everyone's standing there looking."

Eventually, she agreed to the search in a private room.

They went up my leg, down my leg, in the front, then up my leg and down my leg in the back with my arms up. The entire time I'm crying," she said. "I felt like a criminal. She's patting me down and they're holding my hands up and they're going on my waistline."

When agents found nothing, they let her go.

Three days later, she's still confused, devastated and wants other women to know what happened.

"That's a real issue not just for myself, but for other women like that's so embarrassing to have to be stopped and searched like that," she said.

TSA Statement:

"We take reports of alleged impropriety very seriously and regret any distress the security screening process may have caused the passenger. TSA conducted a thorough review of the passenger's screening and concluded that all security protocols were followed as our officers worked to resolve an alarm. TSA officers must work to resolve all alarms at the checkpoint to ensure everyone arrives safely at their destination. However, incidents such as the one described are extremely rare and women should not be concerned about going through the security checkpoint."

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/wom...socialflow_ajc
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Menstruating women shouldn't be traveling. Period.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

On my recent flight to and from NYC, I was searched because I was wearing visible knee braces. In Nashville, they searched the braces. At LaGuardia they gave me a chair and allowed me to remove the braces for a trip through the xray machine.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Iron?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They are steel hinged braces. I don't wear them all the time, but when walking long distances they are necessary, and I'd rather wear them than pack them. My cane is aluminum and glows in the dark. I call it Gammie street cred. These days you can't be cool with a cane unless it does a trick. Mine glows in the dark.

I also save $2 bills so daughter can give them as Tooth Fairy money. The grands tell their friends Gammie is the Tooth Fairy.

Adding, a woman on her period is not a security risk, unless they also search every woman TSA agent. And these days, it looks like men can have periods, too, so what do they do about that?
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    They are steel hinged braces. I don't wear them all the time, but when walking long distances they are necessary, and I'd rather wear them than pack them. My cane is aluminum and glows in the dark. I call it Gammie street cred. These days you can't be cool with a cane unless it does a trick. Mine glows in the dark.

I also save $2 bills so daughter can give them as Tooth Fairy money. The grands tell their friends Gammie is the Tooth Fairy.
    Gangsta Granny?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

You bet. My grandchildren think I am awesome. They are definitely unique, creative, awesome little people.

Suz, you are such a fun, original woman, I hope you have just as much fun as a grandmother as you have as a mom.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Iron?
    That was my first thought - unless they've started using staples to attach the string.
    More likely it was some error.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump isn't the only one grabbing the pussy of unwilling women. This whole thing is a perfectly distilled example of the State. Its "standard procedure" is to violate you at will.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Iron?
    She was going through a body scanner. The tampon probably just showed up as a darker spot inside her body.

I wonder why they just didn't have a dog sniff her for explosives there.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post

Adding, a woman on her period is not a security risk, unless they also search every woman TSA agent. And these days, it looks like men can have periods, too, so what do they do about that?
    School Calls Police After Eighth Grader Pays For Lunch With $2 Bill

http://twentytwowords.com/school-cal...erm=influencer

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    School Calls Police After Eighth Grader Pays For Lunch With $2 Bill

http://twentytwowords.com/school-cal...erm=influencer
    Shows what they know at school. A girl wasn't going to accept dollar coins at a drive through. "Honey, call your supervisor." I got the coins at the post office. Again, it's the street cred. Give money, but make it cool.
    #NashvilleStrong