Thread: Rand Paul: Trump 'open to making bill better'

Rand Paul: Trump 'open to making bill better'

Rand Paul: Trump 'open to making bill better'
    By Rebecca Savransky - 06/27/17

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said President Trump is open to improving the Senate GOP's healthcare reform bill.

"Just came from WH. @realDonaldTrump is open to making bill better," Paul tweeted. "Is Senate leadership?"

Just came from WH. @realDonaldTrump is open to making bill better. Is Senate leadership?
    — Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) June 27, 2017

His comments came just as reports emerged that leaders would delay their effort to vote on the measure until after the July 4 recess, after a number of members expressed opposition to the current bill.

Paul is one of those opposed, and he tweeted earlier in the day he was headed to a meeting with Trump as GOP leadership worked to shore up the votes to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

Paul said in previous tweets that he planned to talk with the president about how to "fix" the healthcare bill.

Paul has been a vocal critic of the Senate GOP's healthcare bill. He told reporters Monday night he would vote against an initial procedural hurdle that could have come as early as Tuesday.
    More: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ng-bill-better

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/879755971391885313

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/879722812772159488
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand has gotta know at this point that the bill isn't going to change significantly and that Trump's end game is Universal Healthcare, so this seems like he's just covering his bases for when his moment to say "I told ya so" comes. Soon enough, Rand, soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I wish Rand would counsel Trump frequently.