Thread: Last Night: Trump WH 'Cryptic' Chemical Weapon Press Release

Last Night: Trump WH 'Cryptic' Chemical Weapon Press Release

credit to Cpud for posting...
    =========

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Defense, military, and intelligence officials who were “caught off guard by the White House statement.”
    One responded, “I don’t know what the [White House] statement is.”

Taken at face value,
    this suggests the Trump administration received intelligence pointing to a possible chemical-weapons attack,
    being considered by Syria’s Assad government, and the statement was intended to serve as a warning.

The trouble is, it’s become increasingly difficult to take what Team Trump says at face value.
    BuzzFeed reported last night, for example, that several Pentagon sources didn’t know what the White House was referring to,
    and one U.S. Central Command official said he/she had “no idea” what Spicer’s statement was about.
    The same report said statements like these are usually “coordinated across the national security agencies and departments before they are released,”
    but this one was not.

NBC News had a similar report, citing defense, military, and intelligence officials who were “caught off guard by the White House statement.”
    One responded, “I don’t know what the [White House] statement is.”

Often these kinds of statements are accompanied by some kind of press briefing,
    in which supporting information is presented to reporters, but there was no such effort last night.

At least so far this morning, Donald Trump published a variety of tweets, nearly all of which promoted Fox News,
    and none of which referenced his White House’s warning to Syria about chemical weapons.

I should note that it’s entirely possible that last night’s statement from Sean Spicer was legitimate and based on real information.
    Given what we currently know, it’s also possible that we should be skeptical of the White House’s claims.

HERE

==========

Trump's disdain for diplomacy is making the world more dangerous

The US president’s preference for public bellicosity and instant military action has potential to cause a lot of damage

==========

=======

After Hersch's exposee together w/ Charrob's posts on the Sarin 'event'...
    this is the WH 'doubling-down' on a lie thoroughly exposed..
    COMPOUNDED by the 'other' lie concerning 'why we're there' in the first place...
    together with a blatant threat tossed in for good measure.
    Truly a 'memorable memo'. MAGA.

==========

https://twitter.com/nikkihaley/statu...28793135878145
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-27-2017 at 07:33 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anybody following the last 60 days of the swiftly accruing Assad/SAA territorial gains on the ground
    KNOW
    there (again) would be absolutely no reason for NEEDING any chemical weapon attack.

Conversely,
    Israel AGAIN (4th time in as many days) struck Syrian government forces today in Quinetra/Golan
    to assist Al Qaeda proxies
    and
    During these same 60 days...
    the US has LOST/LOSING 'control' of BOTH the Syria/Iraq and Syria/Jordan borders.

There has never been a more 'convenient' and CRUCIAL time to stage a FF event while pretending to be the 'savior'.

A third Russian military base in Syria to fortify/support advancing Syrian gains

Non-stop clashes all over the frontlines in Deir Ezzor as ISIS tries to storm Army positions

The Syrian army 98 km from the city of Deir al - Zour

SAA response to the attack by Israeli proxies on its positions in the city of Baath

Last edited by goldenequity; 06-27-2017 at 08:41 AM.

US threats to Syria’s legitimate government unacceptable – Kremlin

(RT) Russia has slammed Washington’s threats against the Syrian government
    following a recent White House statement alleging that President Bashar Al-Assad’s forces are preparing to use chemical weapons.

“I am not aware of any information or threat of using chemical weapons,” Russian President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov told journalists on Tuesday.

Earlier, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer issued a statement claiming the US “has identified potential preparations for another chemical weapons attack by the Assad regime that would likely result in the mass murder of civilians.”

“We heard about this statement. We don’t know what it’s based on. And, of course, we strongly disagree with the wording ‘another attack,’ because, as you know, despite all the demands of the Russian side, there was no independent international investigation of the previous tragedy with the use of chemical weapons. We do not believe it is possible to rest the responsibility on the Syrian armed forces,” Peskov said.

The Kremlin spokesman also warned of potential provocations by terrorists.

“You know that cases of the use of toxic chemical agents by militants of Islamic state [IS, formerly ISIS/SIL] and other criminal groups have been established on multiple occasions. There certainly is the potential danger of such provocations recurring,” Peskov stated.

Any threats against the Syrian government are “unacceptable,” according to Peskov, who reiterated the call for an investigation into the attack in Idlib.

“Without carrying out an investigation it is impossible, illegitimate and absolutely wrong, in regards to achieving the final goals on Syrian reconcilement, to put the blame on Assad. Of course, we consider unacceptable any such threats to the legitimate government of the Syrian Arab Republic,” the spokesman said, adding that Moscow considers any use of toxic chemical agents inappropriate.

Syria has denied White House allegations of preparing to use chemical weapons, saying they “foreshadowed a ‘diplomatic battle’” in the UN, according to AP, citing the minister for national reconciliation, Ali Haidar.

============

As a footnote...
    Al Masdar News service was down all day yesterday having a server attack that crashed their site.
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/category/syria/

.... and about 2 weeks ago Youtube shut down their channel...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2c...LJ47zmQ/videos
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-27-2017 at 09:21 AM.

I hope this all comes to light and is exposed some day soon. I also hope Russia shoots down a couple US Jets illegally flying over Syria. I also hope I find a dozen bricks of gold buried in the back 40. Ain't none of that ever going to happen though.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

US has seen chemical weapons activity at Syrian airbase: Pentagon

BEIRUT, LEBANON (4:55 P.M.) – The U.S. regime has recently seen chemical weapons activity at the Shay’rat Airbase in the Homs Governorate, the Pentagon claimed, as reported by Matt Lee of the Associated Press.

This latest claim by the Pentagon comes just hours after the U.S. State Department issued a warning to the Syrian President, Bashar Al-Assad, about carrying out a chemical weapons attack.

No further details were released.

The Shay’rat Airbase was the military installation the U.S. attacked in early April after the Trump regime accused the Syrian government of carrying out a chemical weapons attack on the city of Khan Sheikhoun in southern Idlib.

======

Oh Ok then... Assad is using the exact same base for 'new' chemical weapons preparations.

=====

http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.798122
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...-base-48301122
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...207_story.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7810636.html
    http://www.wcvb.com/article/white-ho...ttack/10226204
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pentago...tack-1.4179207
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-27-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    US has seen chemical weapons activity at Syrian airbase: Pentagon

BEIRUT, LEBANON (4:55 P.M.) – The U.S. regime has recently seen chemical weapons activity at the Shay’rat Airbase in the Homs Governorate, the Pentagon claimed, as reported by Matt Lee of the Associated Press.

This latest claim by the Pentagon comes just hours after the U.S. State Department issued a warning to the Syrian President, Bashar Al-Assad, about carrying out a chemical weapons attack.

No further details were released.

The Shay’rat Airbase was the military installation the U.S. attacked in early April after the Trump regime accused the Syrian government of carrying out a chemical weapons attack on the city of Khan Sheikhoun in southern Idlib.

======

Oh Ok then... Assad is using the exact same base for 'new' chemical weapons preparations.
    This doesn't even pretend to pass the smell test. Complete bull$#@!. Assad is a very smart man. Putin is even smarter. No way they would risk giving the west the 'moral high ground' in this fight.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    This doesn't even pretend to pass the smell test. Complete bull$#@!. Assad is a very smart man. Putin is even smarter. No way they would risk giving the west the 'moral high ground' in this fight.
    Yeah, but that's the narrative they're gonna use I imagine.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's their chance:
    Rand Paul, Tulsi Gabbard, Matt Lee and a team of Chem Weapon sniffers need to hop on a plane right now.
    Assad and Lavrov can meet them at the Shay’rat Airbase.
    Right now. DO IT.

nvr mind... it would be political suicide.. i know, i know.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-27-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Just how does one 'see chemical weapon activity?' It's not like they glow in the dark or something. I suspect Trump is hoping somebody will use chemical weapons.

Forgive the source but Hersh should be listened to.
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06...ied-from-view/
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Forgive the source but Hersh should be listened to.
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06...ied-from-view/
    “The issue is, what if there’s another false-flag sarin attack credited to hated Syria? Trump has upped the ante and painted himself into a corner with his decision to bomb. And do not think these guys [Islamist groups] are not planning the next faked attack. Trump will have no choice but to bomb again, and harder. He’s incapable of saying he made a mistake.”
    Buckle up folks! This one's gonna be yuuuuuge.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I find this end piece to be the clincher:

So let us set aside for a moment the specifics of what happened on April 4 and concentrate instead on what Hersh’s critics must concede if they are to argue that Assad used sarin gas against the people of Khan Sheikhoun.

1. That Assad is so crazed and self-destructive – or at the very least so totally incapable of controlling his senior commanders, who must themselves be crazed and self-destructive – that he has on several occasions ordered the use of chemical weapons against civilians. And he has chosen to do it at the worst possible moments for his own and his regime’s survival, and when such attacks were entirely unnecessary.

2. That Putin is equally deranged and so willing to risk an end-of-times conflagration with the US that he has on more than one occasion either sanctioned or turned a blind eye to the use of sarin by Assad’s regime. And he has done nothing to penalise Assad afterwards, when things went wrong.

3. That Hersh has decided to jettison all the investigatory skills he has amassed over many decades as a journalist to accept at face value any unsubstantiated rumours his long-established contacts in the security services have thrown his way. And he has done so without regard to the damage that will do to his reputation and his journalistic legacy.

4. That a significant number of US intelligence officials, those Hersh has known and worked with over a long period of time, have decided recently to spin an elaborate web of lies no one wants to print, either in the hope of damaging Hersh in some collective act of revenge against him, or in the hope of permanently discrediting their own intelligence services.

- Diogenes of Sinope

UK Defense Secretary Michael Fallon: "Britain is “absolutely” ready to support retaliation by US President Donald Trump against Bashar Assad in Syria."

The US claimed on Monday that Assad was “potentially” preparing a deadly chemical weapons attack on rebel forces, and threatened to hit back with new bombing raids.

You don't KNOW how much I'd like to take this guy and put him in Idlib w/ his 'buddies'.

The real target of Donald Trump's threats towards Syria is not Bashar al-Assad, but Iran

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7810631.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The real target of Donald Trump's threats towards Syria is not Bashar al-Assad, but Iran

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7810631.html
    That would make sense in the sense that we were targeting Qatar when we said we would no longer sell the UAE weapons because the UAE have control over Qatar. If Trump wanted to target Iran he would go after Russia and call for a meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    That would make sense in the sense that we were targeting Qatar when we said we would no longer sell the UAE weapons because the UAE have control over Qatar. If Trump wanted to target Iran he would go after Russia and call for a meeting.
    Yeah, but are we to assume the Commander-in-Chief knows there is a big $#@!ing CENTCOM base in Qatar?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Yeah, but are we to assume the Commander-in-Chief knows there is a big $#@!ing CENTCOM base in Qatar?
    He doesn't care because Iran is trading with Qatar, and Trump wants regime change in Iran and to do that they want to make the Iranian people suffer economically.

The perfect beach head.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

That’s not–you know, I just don’t consider that going to war in the classic sense of coming to Congress and asking for a declaration of war and training troops and sending people abroad and putting young Americans in harm’s way. That’s not what the president is asking for here.” -John Kerry

“If the United States of America doesn’t do this, Senator, is it more or less likely that Assad does it again? You want to answer that question?”
    When Paul said the answer was “unknown,” Kerry shot back “Senator, it is not unknown. If the United States of America doesn’t hold him accountable on this, with our allies and friends, it is a guarantee Assad will do it again–a guarantee–and I urge you to go to the classified briefing and learn that.”

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Laughable propaganda: Mattis claims Syria heeded U.S. warning – by not launching chemical attack that existed only in Mattis' mind

Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis claimed Wednesday that the Syrian government backed down
    after the White House said that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces were preparing for another possible chemical attack.

"They didn't do it," Mattis said.

Speaking to reporters aboard a flight to Brussels, the retired four star general gave few details to support the assertion
    that the Syrian military stepped back from plans for a possible chemical strike.

"I think that Assad's chemical program goes far beyond one airfield," Mattis said.

==========

Mattis accuses Putin of international ‘mischief’

US Defense Secretary James Mattis has accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of committing “mischief” outside Russian borders, claiming that Moscow is challenging the post-World War II US-led international order.

The Pentagon chief, who is on a visit to Germany, made the remarks before a group of students who had attended a ceremony to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Marshall Plan to rebuild a ravaged Europe after World War II.

Mattis said Putin’s actions undermined the "secure and peaceful" order that was established after the devastating WWII.

The Russian people's "leader making mischief beyond Russian borders will not restore their fortunes or rekindle their hope,"
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-28-2017 at 11:42 AM.

(near Jordan/Syria border... south of Damascus)
    RusSyrianWariors
    Daraa: Militants preparing provocation— chemical attack against civilians in order to provoke US invasion of Syria. RU MOD notified Pentagon

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    moved
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-01-2017 at 03:37 PM.

moved
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-01-2017 at 03:38 PM.

moved
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-01-2017 at 03:38 PM.

just coincidence that media reporting Trumps approval rating rising on same day ?