Thread: Salvador Dali's body to be exhumed in paternity suit

Salvador Dali's body to be exhumed in paternity suit

A judge has ordered the body of surrealist master Salvador Dalí to be exhumed to obtain samples for a paternity suit, according to reports Monday.

The BBC reported that a Spanish woman, Pilar Abel, claims Dalí is her father after he had an affair with a maid in 1955. A judge ordered the body exhumed because there were no alternative ways — either biological remains or personal objects of the artist — to gather a sample to be used in a DNA test.

A Spanish judge on Monday June 26, 2017, has ordered the remains of artist Salvador Dali to be exhumed following a paternity suit by a woman named by Europa Press agency as Pilar Abel, 61 from the nearby city of Girona. Dali, considered one of the fathers of surrealism in art, died in 1989 and is buried in his museum in the northeastern town of Figueres.

Abel, then 58, claimed in 2015 that her mother and Dalí met during the 1950s when her mother worked for a family that spent summers in Cadaqués, Spain, where the late artist once owned a home before he died in 1989. The couple “had a friendship that developed into clandestine love,” according to documents filed by Abel at a Madrid court.

Dalí was later buried in Figueres.

Abel, who was born in 1956, took a DNA test in 2007 after her mother’s repeated assertions that she was Dalí’s daughter, using hair and skin remnants she obtained from a “death mask” of the painter. But the results were inconclusive, The Guardian reports.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...nity-suit.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How will this effect the price of my art ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

An eccentric fellow, but an imaginative talent.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    + rep!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Buy art because you like it- not because you may make money on it- few do. Tastes change. But Dali and Picasso have always been popular. There are also tons of fake Dali pieces out there. (the lawsuit should't effect prices of his works).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Buy art because you like it- not because you may make money on it- few do. Tastes change. But Dali and Picasso have always been popular. There are also tons of fake Dali pieces out there. (the lawsuit should't effect prices of his works).
    Those are actually two of my favorites but I have no Pablo .
    Do something Danke

So much for Rest in Peace. About now he is probably wishing he was cremated and ashes scattered in the sea.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those are actually two of my favorites but I have no Pablo .
    I just had a couple Dali's reframed. He did a woodblock series for Cervate's Divine Comedy. I was fascinated as much with the process as with the images. For each color or even shade of color, somebody has to take a block of wood and carve away where you don't want the color. There may be ten or twelve blocks for each image and there were over 100 in the series. The ones I got came with text of the chapter printed on the same size and type of paper in French (Spanish artist, Italian author, French publisher- quite international!). I had them matted with the image on one side and the text on the other. I have seen them in galleries but not with the text framed with it. This video shows how the different colors are added and how it looks (again keeping in mind that somebody had to carve a piece of maple to print up each separate color layer- I counted 33 just for this print). The printer and carvers are as important to the final image as Dali was. Very labor intensive. It took about four years to produce the whole series (1959- 1963).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I just had a couple Dali's reframed. He did a woodblock series for Cervate's Divine Comedy. I was fascinated as much with the process as with the images. For each color or even shade of color, somebody has to take a block of wood and carve away where you don't want the color. There may be ten or twelve blocks for each image and there were over 100 in the series. The ones I got came with text of the chapter printed on the same size and type of paper in French (Spanish artist, Italian author, French publisher- quite international!). I had them matted with the image on one side and the text on the other. I have seen them in galleries but not with the text framed with it. This video shows how the different colors are added and how it looks (again keeping in mind that somebody had to carve a piece of maple to print up each separate color layer- I counted 33 just for this print). The printer and carvers are as important to the final image as Dali was. Very labor intensive. It took about four years to produce the whole series (1959- 1963).

I used to have one of the Devine series , one of my favorites ,those things a great .
    Do something Danke