Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Mom

Oh Mom

Saturday June 24th at 1:20pm my mom passed away.

She has been fading for a while and was under a lot of stress. My family is so full of issues. One of my brothers is in prison and in one of my last conversations with my mom she had said that she did not think she would live to see him get out of prison. My brother being in prison made her feel really bad even though he has spent a good portion of his adult life in and out of prison for drug related charges. My brother's daughter got her child taken by DDS and the child was brought over to my mom's house a few days before she died. The child went missing and the police were called. My mom called me and was frantically crying and screaming. Before I could get to her house they found the child and nothing bad had happened to her. Two days later my mom had a massive stroke. She was in intensive care and I was at her bedside for 2 days. She only was conscience for a few hours after they went in and removed the clot from her brain. The nurses insisted that I go home and get some rest. My sister and her son went up to see her for the first time since she had the stoke. I could not really sleep so I got up and went outside I was looking up at the sky and saw a heart shaped cloud with a lipped shaped hole in it in the sky right at that time the hospital called to say that she passed. I tried to paint a picture of what I saw on the computer I am still not real good at painting on the computer but I decided to post it anyway.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the medical treatment my mom has received over the years. Personally I would not have gone thru most of the stuff she did and I think her health issues is one of the reasons I prefer natural treatments to alopathic. We used to joke with her and call her Frankenmom because she had a pacemaker.

My mom was a prisoner of war in WW11 courtesy of the US government in the early 40's. She has 4 children 6 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren. She graduated from UCLA with a degree in English minor in Advertisement. She was employed by Eastern Airlines for 30 years she was one of the very last people to take a retirement package when they were closing but over half of her retirement was stolen from her. She loved animals and was a member of the humane society.

She was plagued by her children and grandchildren's addiction issues and she shed my tears over my brother being incarcerated so many times. I tried many times to try to help see that her life would be a lot less complicated if she let them go. She never could and was always hoping that she could fix them. They mostly just stole her blind which really used to make me angry. This past year She tried to kick my oldest brother out of her house she even put a restraining order against him and went to court trying to get them to make him leave they of course said that there was nothing they could do unless he injured or killed her.

This is a very brief account of my mom's life. She was brilliant and kind and I hate that she had so much heart ache. The last month of her life I could tell she was fading fast and I know she was very tired and ready to go RIP my sweet Mother. Thank you for my last kiss mom it was beautiful.
    Last edited by Working Poor; 06-26-2017 at 08:27 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Here, so everybody can see,

Prayers for your mother, may her soul find the peace and solace that was denied in this life.

Hugs.

My deepest condolences for loss of your sweet mother. Praying for comfort, healing, and peace for your family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

quite a story... my condolences.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I have no words to express how sorry I am.

I am sorry for your loss . I was close with my parents and all of my Grandparents . I still miss them all .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank AF for posting the image again for me. I tried to + rep you but I have to spread it around before I can +rep you again.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom sounds like a gem and I know you will miss her.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    for some reason the image won't post here is a link

https://goo.gl/photos/xM6aYbkQDZnssgkY8
    I am so sorry about your mom. Sounds like she had a very hard life, I know she raised a sweet daughter. Take care, we'll all be praying for you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Here, so everybody can see,

That's beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Bump for Working Poor

I'm sorry, WP. I'll surely keep you in my prayers. I will tell you that I can relate to your story darned near word for word aside from your mom's work and military history. If you ever want to talk about stuff, I'm always in th neighborhood.

Thanks for the bump, AF. I missed this one.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-26-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

So very sorry for your loss.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very sad and strange to lose someone that close. May she find peace. My mom is fading also and I'm not sure how it will affect me, we also are close.
    "The Patriarch"

Condolences. Sounds like she lived a challenging but long life.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I'm sorry, WP. I'll I'll surely keep you in my prayers. I will tell you that I can relate to your story darned near word for word aside from your mom's work and military history. If you ever want to talk about stuff, I'm always in th neighborhood.

Thanks for the bump, AF. I missed this one.
    Thank you sweetie I just want to clarify that my mom was a child when see was a prisoner of war in the USA. Her mother was a German and she was in a camp because of that. Her father was American and a scientist and was forced by the government to work for them on some project in the desert that had something to do with bombs they only let him see my mom and her mother once a month for a few hours. They threatened him and said he would never see them again if he would not do what they wanted.

A lot of evil stuff happened in WW11.

Sorry WP.

Peace.

This is the only place I have written about my mom's death and life. I posted here because I have always felt a lot of trust, love and, support here with many people who look at the world in many of the ways I do. I know I can be who I am here and know that you guys and gal will treat my in best friend fashion. Thank y'all for being my best friends and for the support.

Thank you sweetie I just want to clarify that my mom was a child when see was a prisoner of war in the USA. Her mother was a German and she was in a camp because of that. Her father was American and a scientist and was forced by the government to work for them on some project in the desert that had something to do with bombs they only let him see my mom and her mother once a month for a few hours. They threatened him and said he would never see them again if he would not do what they wanted.

A lot of evil stuff happened in WW11.
    Wow, that's like stuff out of movies. Except it's always the 'bad guys' doing that, I'm more familiar with the Japanese being locked up, and not as leverage to enslave a husband like that. I'm curious how all that mess affected your mother and grandparents views of politics, patriotism etc. Keeping a married couple apart is messed up, was she locked up for the whole war?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Sorry to here this WP. Prayers to bring you comfort and for her to find eternal peace.

I am sorry to hear my mother suffered similarly with family issues then died a horrible death. I don't understand why some have to suffer in life and death. I can only offer prayers for comfort.

I happened to see this today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3552.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	5776
    Last edited by Carlybee; 06-27-2017 at 10:33 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wow, that's like stuff out of movies. Except it's always the 'bad guys' doing that, I'm more familiar with the Japanese being locked up, and not as leverage to enslave a husband like that. I'm curious how all that mess affected your mother and grandparents views of politics, patriotism etc. Keeping a married couple apart is messed up, was she locked up for the whole war?
    Hating to drag politics into a remembrance thread, but yes, me too.

I automatically assumed that WP's mom was Japanese when I first read her post.

The fact that white western people from Germany and Italy were subjected to the same sort of government abuses during WWII tends to get overlooked in the history books.

I am working on writing a book about my mom's life. After the dust settles a bit I want to sit down and work on it.
    To answer the question about how she felt about government she believed in democracy and voted Democrat most of her life. She did vote for Trump this time because she felt like Clinton is so corrupt. I tried to persuade her to vote {3rd party but she didn't want it to help Hillary . She felt like it was going to be. A very close race. She critized the behaviour of the Dems after Trump won and felt that their ungraciousness was a reflections of why they lost.
    She thought Hillary was more likely to start ww111. She also felt that Obama could/should have ended the war on drugs she also felt that he made a mockery of marriage by making gay marriage legal. All and all I think my dear mother was starting to lean towards anarchy in her old age.

OMG I had no idea how bad it was going to be with my siblings. They are fighting tooth-and-nail over my mother's property. It hurts my heart to see how greedy they are. Mom said that she was going to leave a mess and she sure did I thought she had a will but she didn't. My oldest brother and my younger sister have been fighting so much both are trying to have the other declared incompetent. It sucks I just want it to stop.

OMG I had no idea how bad it was going to be with my siblings. They are fighting tooth-and-nail over my mother's property. It hurts my heart to see how greedy they are. Mom said that she was going to leave a mess and she sure did I thought she had a will but she didn't. My oldest brother and my younger sister have been fighting so much both are trying to have the other declared incompetent. It sucks I just want it to stop.
    That's pretty common. You can't just liquidate unless everyone agrees, which they usually won't. Some items are family heirlooms or have emotional value (to some people). Then throw in in-laws for good measure (of conflict).

Good luck.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I pray you get some peace.

Psalms 34:17 - [The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Psalms 55:22 - Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

What a mess. Praying for some resolution.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast