Thread: Tea Party neocon-lite "Wild Bill for America" William Finlay arrested in CA for "Hate Speech"

Tea Party neocon-lite "Wild Bill for America" William Finlay arrested in CA for "Hate Speech"

I don't have to agree with someone to defend their inalienable human right to free speech. Indeed, if we only defend those whom we agree with, then we are not in fact defenders of free speech at all.

I know that Canada has all kinds of hate speech laws, but the HUMAN right of freedom of speech belongs to all people as a condition of their humanity, and not on account of their citizenship to any given polity.

Three hours ago a video was posted to his YouTube with the following disclaimer:

“Published on Jun 25, 2017
    This is the speech I was to give in Canada. The cops read the script and ARRESTED ME FOR HATE SPEECH........watch and decide if this is hate speech.”

The above video is slam full of anti Islam rhetoric, but as mentioned above, I don't have to be an Islamophobe to defend the man's human right to free speech.

His primary website is now down...

http://www.wildbillforamerica.com/

The HQ for his webhost plesk.com is in Toronto, so that explains his website being down.

So far the most updated source for this story is here:

http://adriennescatholiccorner.blogs...r-america.html

He has been released from Canadian custody and is back in Florida now, but his laptop and tablet have been seized for forensic evidence pending prosecution.

Word has it that Wayne Dupree will be providing an update on this story at some point today.

Most of us here on RPFs will disagree with much of what Wild Bill is passionate about (ie the “sheer unadulterated evil of all Muslims”) although a few on RPFs have seemed to embraced that rhetoric, nevertheless I think we can all agree that arrest and prosecution for the speech in the above linked speech in the YouTube video is absurd and insane. At some point in the past, the US would have enforces sanctions against a nation that did such things.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think Canada understands the Streisand Effect...

Free thoughts are not allowed in canada .Time to increase taxes up there and get them in line .
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I don't think Canada understands the Streisand Effect...
    I could not agree with you more sir.

Oh, Canada. Thought you meant California.

Yeah he shouldn't have been arrested for speaking. Since it was in a foreign country there's not much that we can do. Now his audience will grow 50x and we get to hear him bitch about it for the rest of his life like Savage about being banned from Britain.

I don't really follow Bill, every now and then he has something good, but like you said mostly it's neo-tea-o lite noise and anything but 'wild'.
    Last edited by William Tell; 06-25-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Is this a product of Bill C-16, or a previous law on the books?
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 06-25-2017 at 02:42 PM.

If the progressive left and their Bolsheviks bullies in the street get their way, this will be AmeriKa before long.

It's actually worse that how Gunny wrote t up.

He didn't get to speak.

He was arrested for written material on his electronic devices.

For those who don't know, Canada recently passed a national law prohibiting any anti-Islam speaking or written material.
    I used to think that those who claimed "sharia" law would eventually spread to the west, were nuts.

I'm starting to not think that anymore.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Muslims are a lot like communists in that you can invariably find individuals that are fine to deal with on a personal level. Islam, much like communism, is utter poison as an ideology. Get enough of them together and problems always crop up. Europe is doing a damn fine job of demonstrating how that works.

And the useful idiots in the West advancing the cause of Islam under the guise of "tolerance" can fully expect the death of their own culture in due time. Canada will eventually learn this the hard way. Tolerance is not a virtue when what you are expected to tolerate is diametrically opposed to what you stand for.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 06-25-2017 at 03:37 PM.