Thread: Undercover Cops Bust Teens for Selling Bottled Water

Undercover Cops Bust Teens for Selling Bottled Water

Tweeted by tour guide, Tim Krepp, as he passed the scene, photos of the three, aged 16 and 17, would appear to any casual observer without context to be a possible apprehension of at least petty criminals — not the three kids hawking bottled water for a few extra dollars to willing Washington, D.C., tourists on a hot day, that the incident actually was.

U.S. News reports, “A spokeswoman for the U.S. Park Police, Sgt. Anna Rose, confirms three teenagers were detained for vending without a license, but says she feels ‘this has gotten blown out of proportion.’

“The three teens, ages 16 and 17, were detained for ‘illegally selling water’ but were not charged, Rose says. They were held until their parents arrived. A fourth individual was immediately released after officers determined he was uninvolved, she says.”

For good measure — rather, to deflect the flying conflagration of a rightfully livid backlash hurled in her department’s direction — Rose added, “this was not some hours-long ordeal.”

That’s not the point.

None of that is the point — even though the unnamed, plain clothes officers did not charge the adults-in-making with the crime of not possessing the State’s permission slip to vend water on the apparently sacrosanct National Mall.

Of course this incident whipped the Internet into a fury — these are kids. Selling sealed bottles of water. In the summer. To willing customers. Voluntarily.

There should be anger — as well as indignation, sadness, frustration, vitriol, and action.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...bottled-water/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ‘this has gotten blown out of proportion.’
    No. That would be the U.S. Park Police. Fire every last one of 'em.

$#@!ing freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Reminds me of how we used to go to the beach when I was a kid and every year, I would play in the sand with an empty can.

Years went by and I started taking my family to the same beach and while my kids were playing the way I used to, digging in the sand with an empty can, a woman dressed in a park ranger suit came up to us and said; "You can't be doing that, because you are messing up the ecology here."

It's been over 60 years now and things I used to be able to do as a kid, can't be done by my kids anymore, because of somebody in the park service.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Reminds me of how we used to go to the beach when I was a kid and every year, I would play in the sand with an empty can.

Years went by and I started taking my family to the same beach and while my kids were playing the way I used to, digging in the sand with an empty can, a woman dressed in a park ranger suit came up to us and said; "You can't be doing that, because you are messing up the ecology here."

It's been over 60 years now and things I used to be able to do as a kid, can't be done by my kids anymore, because of somebody in the park service.
    Maybe if park rangers were required to go barefoot in the summer on beaches she would have left you alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

"You can't be doing that, because you are messing up the ecology here."
    Then I guess every single one of us just needs to $#@!ing die already with such horrors as playing in sand destroying this earth.

Then I guess every single one of us just needs to $#@!ing die already with such horrors as playing in sand destroying this earth.
    I told her, "We've been doing this for more than 60 years, if anything, if we stopped doing it, it would change the ecology here."

I told her, "We've been doing this for more than 60 years, if anything, if we stopped doing it, it would change the ecology here."
    A right witty comeback. Did it sway her royal decrees?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A right witty comeback. Did it sway her royal decrees?
    Well, we continued to play in the sand and she walked away.

Well, we continued to play in the sand and she walked away.
    A wonderful day for liberty. I'm glad no one was shot.

I feel freer already with those Nogoodniki's "business" off the streets without permission of the Crown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

They handcuffed them? Giving a fine is stupid, but they handcuffed them, really?

Seriously , they handcuffed them?

I'm not joking now, they handcuffed them?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They handcuffed them? Giving a fine is stupid, but they handcuffed them, really?

Safety first! If you are gonna sell water without a vendors license there's no telling to what level of depravity you might rise to.

they handcuffed them cause they were dark
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Maybe @TheTexan can explain this behavior.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah, that must have been one very expensive vendor's license, they forgot to pay for.

Well, a lawbreaker is a lawbreaker. First they're dealing water, then pot. Who knows, maybe next week they'll have a lemonade stand and bunch of Italian hit-men in gray suits working for them. Only one thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Officer safety comes first.

And quit one starring my threads, square-head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Maybe @TheTexan can explain this behavior.
    What's to explain? They didn't have a permit.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I had a similar run in at the beach this past week. One of my boys was burying the other shallow grave style in a partial hole someone else started. The Noble Earl of the beach comes walking over and starts to give me a stern lecture about how the hole could drop out (lol). I interrupted and told him that the hole was a foot deep and we accepted the risk, all while having a look and body language like I was going to choke him out for trying to be my Dad in front of my boys.

He walked the $#@! off and I told my boys to carry on plenty loud enough for him to hear it. Stay sober and don't ride dirty in public. Had I been drinking he would have escalated the situation if I didn't drown his ass first.

It ended up being one of the highlights of my vacation. Fight the fake power. The mind must be free before the body will follow.

I agree they should be fired.
    Do something Danke

Looks like recruitment for my militia is going to get easier.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I had a similar run in at the beach this past week. One of my boys was burying the other shallow grave style in a partial hole someone else started. The Noble Earl of the beach comes walking over and starts to give me a stern lecture about how the hole could drop out (lol). I interrupted and told him that the hole was a foot deep and we accepted the risk, all while having a look and body language like I was going to choke him out for trying to be my Dad in front of my boys.

He walked the $#@! off and I told my boys to carry on plenty loud enough for him to hear it. Stay sober and don't ride dirty in public. Had I been drinking he would have escalated the situation if I didn't drown his ass first.

It ended up being one of the highlights of my vacation. Fight the fake power. The mind must be free before the body will follow.
    I don't get it, just how does a hole drop out on a sandy beach? If it's nearly down to the water level of the lake/ocean, it's going to be full of water anyway.

Edit:
    Maybe he was one of those flat earth people and thought it might go right through and your son could fall out the other side of the earth.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 06-25-2017 at 04:58 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't get it, just how does a hole drop out on a sandy beach? If it's nearly down to the water level of the lake/ocean, it's going to be full of water anyway.

Edit:
    Maybe he was one of those flat earth people and thought it might go right through and your son could fall out the other side of the earth.
    I don't get it either, but it would not be the first time.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.