Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food

Drivers who want to obtain one of these permits have to give the animal’s head and antlers to the agency within five business days.
    i sort of want to walk in wearing a bloody butcher's apron and black rubber boots while holding a dripping buck's head just to see the look on the receptionists face.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I used fish for crab bait when I lived in Washington but if we had not been so busy I could have sent the newest guy out for roadkill for fun .
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I had a shovel in my car and I saw roadkill I'd stop the car immediately and pull over the side of the road so I can bury the remains of the dead animal to pay my respects.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The savages around here have been doing this way before 1987 (probably the reason legislators were pressured to changer the law).

I have seen teepees set up around deer and moose crossing road signs.
    Oyarde is a Great Hunter and eats well . I remain strong and skilled while the the drugstore cowboy police palefaces in the city grow fat and weak eating mac n cheese , the bellies grow large while the mind remains small .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    UPDATE

Important Rules and sub-Rules highlighted in color (from thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...new-state-laws):

Anarchy has been averted! *whew*

(And please note the magnanimous graciousness of our Rule-making overlords in granting us free post hoc permits ... isn't that swell of them ... ?)
    I feel safer knowing someone's roadkill dinner has been properly permitted. Seriously, the state should be paying people who pick up the roadkill. They're performing a service by helping keep muh road clean. There are so many deer laying on the side of the road around here the buzzards can't keep up.

head and antlers
    That's fightin words in this part of the country. Deer racks are standard decor. As a matter of fact, I've seen headless deer laying on the side of the road. I know my uncle has taken racks off roadkill that wasn't fit to eat. Hell, we even have one on our tree house. Squirrels love them, btw.

I wonder why they want the racks. You think it's because they don't want people to mount them and sell them? I can't imagine someone going in for a roadkill permit and lying about picking them up some roadkill for dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    i sort of want to walk in wearing a bloody butcher's apron and black rubber boots while holding a dripping buck's head just to see the look on the receptionists face.

I was just sitting here thinking about taking in all the random roadkill just to be an $#@!. I imagine walking in and trying to get a permit for my possum and snake heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12