Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CA - Man rides motorcycle through "die-in" protest in San Fran

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    That's why they are so special.
    It's why they fear melting from global warming.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Rules for radicals states the opposite. This is a war for the lives of our children. I would lie, cheat and even steal to win it.
    But you are not winning anything by pulling the stunt in the OP. Also, they can cheat, lie, steal, kill etc etc better than you. I do not see how you win playing their game. If anything, you just end up the mirror opposite of what you have been fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But you are not winning anything by pulling the stunt in the OP. Also, they can cheat, lie, steal, kill etc etc better than you. I do not see how you win playing their game. If anything, you just end up the mirror opposite of what you have been fighting.
    Of course it was "winning".

They were blocking the road...now they are not.

This is a bar fight, not an Olympic boxing match...$#@! that "fight fair" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

This is a bar fight, not an Olympic boxing match...$#@! that "fight fair" nonsense.
    I think Ed's brother wants to be the next Gandhi.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AYN RAND
    The forcible occupation of another man’s property or the obstruction of a public thoroughfare is so blatant a violation of rights that an attempt to justify it becomes an abrogation of morality. An individual has no right to do a “sit-in” in the home or office of a person he disagrees with—and he does not acquire such a right by joining a gang. Rights are not a matter of numbers—and there can be no such thing, in law or in morality, as actions forbidden to an individual, but permitted to a mob.
    I have no idea what the police would arrest the biker on. He didn't harm or endanger anyone. Clogging up public roads for protests is never okay, even with a permit. There are plenty of other places to protest. And if they didn't have a permit, the police should be tear gassing these people.

Considering that the road was blocked again seconds after he left, he wasn't going anywhere, he was arrested and most likely be losing money and time in the court system. I don't see how anyone can consider that as a win

Bar fight? more like having a mud wrestle match with a pig. They are protesting the big govt healthcare bill of Trump and in a way, that is what you are supporting by disrupting their protests. It is a no win situation for anyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I have no idea what the police would arrest the biker on. He didn't harm or endanger anyone. Clogging up public roads for protests is never okay, even with a permit. There are plenty of other places to protest. And if they didn't have a permit, the police should be tear gassing these people.
    How about blocking off public road to put on a beer festival?

Bar fight? more like having a mud wrestle match with a pig. They are protesting the big govt healthcare bill of Trump and in a way, that is what you are supporting by disrupting their protests. It is a no win situation for anyone involved.
    See, there you go again, using logic in the argument.

These people are inured to logic.

Normally I would agree, but for the fact that the more vocal members of the progressive left have openly stated they want me, my family, my way of life dead, changes things.

The time for reasoned, nuanced and calmly debated points is over.

So if it takes kicking and gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer, to run them off, so be it.

See, there you go again, using logic in the argument.These people are inured to logic.Normally I would agree, but for the fact that the more vocal members of the progressive left have openly stated they want me, my family, my way of life dead, changes things.The time for reasoned, nuanced and calmly debated points is over.So if it takes kicking and gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer, to run them off, so be it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm about as in favor of beer and beer festivals as anyone alive, but they are stealing your money, building a rode on land they took, and then conspiring with a private business to keep you from using it as it was promised to you. It's ridiculous.

[Please drink craft beer. Research brands to ensure you aren't drinking the crony-capitalist owned brands whose parent companies conspire with the government to restrict distribution among small brewers. AB-InBev, Heineken, etc own former craft brands like Lagunitas, Goose Island, Elysian, and many others, and they lobby the government to restrict their competition.]
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    I'm about as in favor of beer and beer festivals as anyone alive, but they are stealing your money, building a rode on land they took, and then conspiring with a private business to keep you from using it as it was promised to you. It's ridiculous.

[Please drink craft beer. Research brands to ensure you aren't drinking the crony-capitalist owned brands whose parent companies conspire with the government to restrict distribution among small brewers. AB-InBev, Heineken, etc own former craft brands like Lagunitas, Goose Island, Elysian, and many others, and they lobby the government to restrict their competition.]
    Not saying it is right, but at least they get a permit to temporarily use public property for their event, unlike the lawless left.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Victim hood, it's the new status symbol.
    I'd not thought of it explicitly in that way, but now that I see it in writing, its truth speaks to me in clear voice.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Not saying it is right, but at least they get a permit to temporarily use public property for their event, unlike the lawless left.
    Did the group in OP vid have a permit?

Asking permission from the state to protest the state is the height of silliness. Also, being offended if someone disregards a dumb permit to continue on their travel unabated (assuming no one is injured by the travel) seems like a risk that is taken when it is decided to block a travel route.

To me, protesting in a travel route without a permit and police assistance is a measure of whether you're serious about your issue or just doing a "job".
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Did the group in OP vid have a permit?

Asking permission from the state to protest the state is the height of silliness. Also, being offended if someone disregards a dumb permit to continue on their travel unabated (assuming no one is injured by the travel) seems like a risk that is taken when it is decided to block a travel route.

To me, protesting in a travel route without a permit and police assistance is a measure of whether you're serious about your issue or just doing a "job".
    You seem confused about to whom I was referring.

I meant that the beer festivals etc get a permit.
    The group in the OP is the lawless left.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You seem confused about to whom I was referring.
    No I wasn't. That's why I asked if the protestors had a permit or not. The cops stopping and citing the guy makes me think they had a permit and associated police protection. Otherwise they are just blocking traffic and are risking stuff like that happening. The rest of my post was general commentary. Carry on.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    No I wasn't. That's why I asked if the protestors had a permit or not. The cops stopping and citing the guy makes me think they had a permit and associated police protection. Otherwise they are just blocking traffic and are risking stuff like that happening. The rest of my post was general commentary. Carry on.
    These days the cops in the DPRKalifonia aid and abet the lawless left, the left is the new "Nobility" they can do whatever they want and don't have to follow any rules.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123