Thread: Fukushima’s Radiation Will Poison Food “for Decades,” Study Finds

Unhappy Fukushima’s Radiation Will Poison Food “for Decades,” Study Finds

Three of the six reactors at Japan’s Fukushima-Daiichi complex were wrecked in March 2011 by an earthquake and tsunami. The destruction of emergency electric generators caused a “station blackout” which halted cooling water intake and circulation. Super-heated, out-of-control uranium fuel in reactors 1, 2, and 3 then boiled off cooling water, and some 300 tons of fuel “melted” and burned through the reactors’ core vessels, gouging so deep into underground sections of the structure that to this day operators aren’t sure where it is. Several explosions in reactor buildings and uncovered fuel rods caused the spewing of huge quantities of radioactive materials to the atmosphere, and the worst radioactive contamination of the Pacific Ocean ever recorded. Fukushima amounts to Whole-Earth poisoning.
    Now, researchers say, radioactive isotopes that were spread across Japan (and beyond) by the meltdowns will continue to contaminate the food supply for a very long time.
    more... https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06...s-study-finds/

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are too many people anyway.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    There are too many people anyway.
    Well, clearly, plant employees didn't receive the proper training.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

One reason why I follow the Biblical guidelines and only eat fish with scales and fins. (Leviticus 11:9)

Fish with scales and fins contain balancing levels of detoxifying agents, such as selenium and arsenic. Their bodies which give them more efficient systems of eliminating toxins are more digestible for humans because of the large quantities of selenium which it contains, and also becomes a good detoxifier to humans.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Fukushima’s Radiation Will Poison Food “for Decades,” Study Finds
    Nothing to see here, move along. No worries about radiation and poisons in in the water. The sea levels will keep rising and dilute it due to global warming. We will all drown.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

/Time trends in radiocaesium in the Japanese diet following nuclear weapons testing and Chernobyl: Implications for long term contamination post-Fukushima

For those who would prefer to read the actual journal article rather than LaForge's breathless interpretation for ignoramuses.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    /Time trends in radiocaesium in the Japanese diet following nuclear weapons testing and Chernobyl: Implications for long term contamination post-Fukushima

For those who would prefer to read the actual journal article rather than LaForge's breathless interpretation for ignoramuses.

XNN
    Uh, can you tell me like I'm 5?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Uh, can you tell me like I'm 5?
    No, because I consider it disrespectful to treat adults as if they were children.

That said, I will take a few lines to explain my interpretation of Dr. Smith's work and why I believe that LaForge's CounterPunch op/ed was simple fear mongering.

Japan has a unique set of historical data surrounding cesium (Cs) isotopes going back to post-WW2. Dr. Smith's work compiles that historical data, combines it with post-Fukishima data, and builds a model to look at the projected expected Cs isotope loading in two grains, a leaf crop, and a root crop in future years. Not surprisingly there are spikes in the historical trend lines due to post-WW2 weapons testing, Chernobyl, and Fukushima. The Fukushima spike is higher given that the samples in the Japanese provinces are closer geographically than Chernobyl, however they have quickly dropped into the same levels at post-WW2 weapons testing and will continue to drop below that from this point forward.

Japan checks all food produced for Cs contamination levels and is enforcing a 100 Bq/kg limit. This is in keeping with international standards and is designed to limit general population exposure to less that 1 milliSievert per year. Numbers don't mean much without perspective. A mammogram will dose a patient about a half milliSievert. The cardiac CT scan I had done a few years back gave me a dose around 12 milliSieverts.

LaForge fear mongering primarily comes from his closing quote of Dr. Goffman
    By any reasonable standard of biomedical proof, there is no safe dose, which means that just one decaying radioactive atom can produce permanent mutation in a cell’s genetic molecules.
    And that is absolutely true, no disagreement there. I was trained to the ALARA principle (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). The trick is, much like in healthcare or taxation, what is 'reasonable'. Depending on the elevation and geology of where you work in the world, you are going to get between 2 and 4 milliSieverts of exposure each year whether you want it or not. That's millions of cell-radiation interactions. LaForge's interpretation of reasonability is obviously different from mine. I get medical treatments, fly regularly for work (milliSieverts of avoidable radiation), and live across the river from a big coal fired power plant (ash dust is filled with all kinds of radionuclides, but their release is unregulated). If LaForge was truly taking Dr. Goffam's statement as a personal warning then he would be wearing three-pieces suits made of lead and borated polyethylene fibers as shielding and a filter mask 24-7 to keep out dust particles from volcanoes, power plants, forest fires, and micrometeorite dust in an attempt to prevent even a tiny bit of alpha emitting contamination from embedding in his lungs. Since he's not, then he is promulgating irrational fear to push forward his agenda and maintain the lifestyle that he is accustomed to.

In my opinion.
    XNN
    Last edited by XNavyNuke; 06-25-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance